Like Tree21Likes

ROAR - Motor Claim

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default ROAR - Motor Claim

Pretty interesting - https://www.liverc.com/news/announce...OZwmY_KJ2HpJio
iTz Nicholas72 and JoshuaRC10 like this.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I know some contracted customers aren't going to be happy about this lol.

Good to see ROAR making changes, though.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72
I know some contracted customers aren't going to be happy about this lol.

Good to see ROAR making changes, though.
It's still total BS. Watch the lap times fall off .1 or .2 in the mains as everybody removes the illegal motor that got thru tech and stuffs in the legit model...
jlfx car audio likes this.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Maybe after this people will start to shut up and just accept that the difference between them and good racers is skill and talent instead of magic unicorn fart infused cheater motors.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

LMAO it will take ROAR years to process these motors at there lab, maybe they should concentrate on inspecting and approving motors the have been submitted and PAYED for months ago by manufactures.
Marcos.J and gigaplex like this.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moparSRT
LMAO it will take ROAR years to process these motors at there lab, maybe they should concentrate on inspecting and approving motors the have been submitted and PAYED for months ago by manufactures.
maybe just concentrate on sending the Roar memberships as soon as they are paid for
moparSRT likes this.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

ROAR makes a major move in a span of days to improve motor legality that has been complained about for a year, immediately after electing a new president and people are already instantly complaining. Anyone see this as.. oh, a positive step?
iTz Nicholas72 likes this.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan Hamann
ROAR makes a major move in a span of days to improve motor legality that has been complained about for a year, immediately after electing a new president and people are already instantly complaining. Anyone see this as.. oh, a positive step?
suggestive criticism
Old 01-08-2019, 10:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I like the idea just with 1 amendment. The person making the claim should have to pay a fee as they do in "big" car racing as well. growing up around a local circle track, if someone makes a claim on your motor they have to pay a price to make the claim as well.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wacko37
I like the idea just with 1 amendment. The person making the claim should have to pay a fee as they do in "big" car racing as well. growing up around a local circle track, if someone makes a claim on your motor they have to pay a price to make the claim as well.
The claim isn't by a fellow racer. ROAR has the option to claim your motor and reimburse you the purchase price (up to $149.99). They will then send the motor to their lab and tear it apart to check for any funny business.
moparSRT and gigaplex like this.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dan Hamann
Not complaining, just funny to read they are planning on more motor testing at there lab when motors have been waiting for months for approval
Marcos.J and Jeff_S like this.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:20 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Not complaining, just funny to read they are planning on more motor testing at there lab when motors have been waiting for months for approval
I wouldn’t say months. 6 weeks tops. Anyone that tells you otherwise is a manufacture lying.
jlfx car audio likes this.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:56 AM
Tech Lord

To be honest, more organisations should do this.
Spec or stock classes are not made to modify your motor to insane performances. If you want to go fast and want to change anything on your motor and ESC then run modified.
If you play fair there is nothing to worry about, such rules are only there to those who do not play fair
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Not quite years; I'm not nearly that far behind!
danny325is likes this.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm not sure this rule is rhe way to go, but I am encouraged that such a step shows that people at ROAR care about the state of things.

If they can get a move-on with the motor list then they'll really be cookin'with gas! It is a problem that hobby shops essentially have no 25.5 motors to sell to customers that are on the approved list. It is also a problem that tracks are being forced into ignoring rhe ROAR motor list if they want to be able to sell customers motors that are allowed to race there.

This situation puts track/hobby shop owners in a rough spot that they shouldn't be in. I'm not blaming anyone for this, as we know rhat there was illness involved etc. but the problem is resolvable, and it's ROAR who will resolve it.

All in all I'm just glad ROAR is doing something that demonstrates that they are still engaged.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.