Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By OverGeared
  • 1 Post By the rc guy
  • 1 Post By vwjuice

Electronics issues. Please help.

Old 12-21-2018, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Electronics issues. Please help.

Iíve been running Savox servoís and Hobbywing justock escís with a Sanwa MX-V radio system. I upgraded to a Hobbywing XR 10 pro in one buggy and an Rcconcept SC10R in the other buggy. Now both buggies have constant glitching problems. I even had a few runaways in practice tonight.

I installed a glitch buster in each car and they helped but the issues were still there. Couldnít race due to constant lose of steering or esc function.

Im trying to figure out if I need to upgrade to different radio or different servos or what?

​​​​​​​Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Thats weird. My son has used the MXV with the XR10 no issues, that is with the RX371W. What voltage are the servos rated for as the BEC is adjustable, not sure if that plays into effect.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Thats weird. My son has used the MXV with the XR10 no issues, that is with the RX371W. What voltage are the servos rated for as the BEC is adjustable, not sure if that plays into effect.
the servos are rated for 4.8 or 6v. Itís odd that both are having these issues now. Theyíre just the basic savox 1251mg
Old 12-21-2018, 11:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Well the XR10 can supply 6-7.4V. So im not sure, if it may be set to 7.4. You need to check its programming. To ensure you are supplying the voltage required.
Old 12-22-2018, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Well the XR10 can supply 6-7.4V. So im not sure, if it may be set to 7.4. You need to check its programming. To ensure you are supplying the voltage required.
i just checked and it is set to 7.4v already. This is going to be very annoying to figure this out.
Old 12-22-2018, 03:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If you have a different brand servo that is lying around just try to install it in and test if that eliminates the issue (even a normal cheap one will do).
You might want to check out the antenna connection of the receiver as well.

This note however is copied from the AMain Hobbies site under each and every Savox servo description.
"*NOTE: Certain combinations of receiver and ESC have been found to cause "Brown Out" issues when combined with Savox servos. An external BEC, or BEC stabilizing receiver capacitor may be needed for efficient, glitch free operation in low voltage electric applications."
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 12-22-2018, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 190 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vwjuice View Post

the servos are rated for 4.8 or 6v. Itís odd that both are having these issues now. Theyíre just the basic savox 1251mg
Have you tried to lower the voltage to the receiver as you said the servos operate up to 6 volts and your esc is giving them 7.4 volts
Old 12-22-2018, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OverGeared View Post
If you have a different brand servo that is lying around just try to install it in and test if that eliminates the issue (even a normal cheap one will do).
You might want to check out the antenna connection of the receiver as well.

This note however is copied from the AMain Hobbies site under each and every Savox servo description.
"*NOTE: Certain combinations of receiver and ESC have been found to cause "Brown Out" issues when combined with Savox servos. An external BEC, or BEC stabilizing receiver capacitor may be needed for efficient, glitch free operation in low voltage electric applications."
you know, I never even noticed that. 😱
that describes my problem. Iíll have to get an external esc and try it.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad View Post

Have you tried to lower the voltage to the receiver as you said the servos operate up to 6 volts and your esc is giving them 7.4 volts
i did that this morning and it wasnít as bad it still happens. Iíll look at an external bec and go from there.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vwjuice View Post

i did that this morning and it wasnít as bad it still happens. Iíll look at an external bec and go from there.
if it was me I would start over set up the esc for 6 volts, bind the rx to the radio, calibrate the esc then set end points, checking that they are restored to factory before binding, if that does not work change the rx then the servo
Old 12-22-2018, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad View Post

if it was me I would start over set up the esc for 6 volts, bind the rx to the radio, calibrate the esc then set end points, checking that they are restored to factory before binding, if that does not work change the rx then the servo
yeah I think I will do that. Canít hurt to start over.
Old 12-22-2018, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Why is this same post in 2 separate categories or subtopics.. why start over ...its a voltage supply issue ..
1/8 IC Fan likes this.
Old 12-22-2018, 01:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by the rc guy View Post
Why is this same post in 2 separate categories or subtopics.. why start over ...its a voltage supply issue ..
did he miss something when he was setting this car up? As I would think giving a servo 7.4 volts would not be good for it especially when it was rated at 6 volts, as this past summer I had throttle servo issues in my mbx7tr, the first one locked up, the second had NO travel for brakes and the other went super slow, I first thought low rx battery, but after 5 minutes it would act up again, it was the rx that had went bad after changing the servo tray and battery and I even rebound it and checked end points on the bench and running on the box, so by starting over it would help to isolate the issue as could even be the battery not fully charged as it's really hard to diagnose on the internet, so change one thing at a time and you will find the problem as could even be the rx wire not pushed all the way into the receiver
Old 12-22-2018, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

I rebound the receivers in both cars and installed new glitch busters. Recalibrated both escís and changed the setting down to 6.0v and these all fixed the problem. Now they are working like normal.

Thanks everyone for the help.
Troubles Dad likes this.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by the rc guy View Post
i posted in two groups that way I can get as much help as I could. Itís hard to diagnose things over the internet, so any little advantage helps. I know I myself donít look thru the electronics forum very often. I figured thereís probably people that look thru one forum more than the other.