Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Liability of building track on private property >

Liability of building track on private property

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By gigaplex
  • 1 Post By the rc guy
  • 1 Post By Ovaloldtimer

Liability of building track on private property


Old 10-05-2018, 08:37 PM
Tech Initiate
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 27
Default Liability of building track on private property

Hello everyone! Justin wanting to solicit the advice of knowledgeable folks on here as to the correct legal precautions to take when running a track on oneís own property. A couple of fellow racers and myself are looking to build a track on my property and host races. If there is anyone here who holds races on their own private property, or just knows what to do in this situation, please chime in. Is there a certain insurance for it, and if so, whatís a ballpark cost of the insurance? Iíve also heard that if your track is registered with ROAR, they insure it. But Iíd rather not require people to purchase ROAR licenses in order to race at our track. Whatís the best way of insuring I donít get my butt sued when a 16 year-old trips over a pipe or gets hit in the head by a truggy?

MiniBlade is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:52 AM
Tech Regular
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 256

What country/state are you in? That makes a huge difference, here in New Zealand we can't sue or be sued for bodily injury so minimal requirements and cost. In the US it varies state by state, best to confirm the jursidiction so you can get accurate responses.
jgil089 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
gigaplex's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 2,763
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You really should be asking a lawyer rather than anonymous people on a forum for this type of legal advice.
jgil089 likes this.
gigaplex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:50 AM
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
chucko's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hell
Posts: 1,282
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am a track owner in Oregon. my 10 acres of property is listed as recreational . my home owners liability I raised to 1 million cost me 200 a yr . call your car and homes insurance company. make sure you have permits if needed.. a tower can be a problem if permits are needed. a set of drawings could cost you thousands for engineering. make it safe . have your racers sign a waver even though it wont stand up in a big law suit.. it will stop a guy from suing for a broken arm or stitches from a crash or accident . be safe not sorry
chucko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:06 AM
Tech Master
the rc guy's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,648

I carried a 3 million dollar poly. WE also had a lawyer write out a disclaimer that every person that came on the land signed.. Go to a lawyer is best.as much coverage is best to keep whats yours
GrandeGixxer likes this.
the rc guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 04:12 AM
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
Ovaloldtimer's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southwest Va.
Posts: 391
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Doesnt matter what you do, someone gets hurt on your property and wants to sue you, they can and will
TrespasseR_MN likes this.
Ovaloldtimer is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service