R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum-6/)
-   -   Ackermann is wrong (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/1006703-ackermann-wrong.html)

swarf 12-31-2017 10:03 PM

Ackermann is wrong

I've never heard the word "Ackermann" thrown around more than in RC. Turns out, Rudolph Ackermann invented nothing. He simply patented the original idea 20 years later. The guy responsible for this brilliant idea? Erasmus DARWIN, father to Charles. The term to describe the relationship between inner and outer steering wheels should be changed to DARWIN

peter george 01-01-2018 09:07 AM

My Darwin needs adjusting ....... oh man sounds so wrong LOL

wingracer 01-01-2018 12:19 PM

I'll call it Darwin when those damn Brits start calling wickerbills by their proper name, GURNEY FLAP!

Flagler 01-01-2018 12:28 PM

I'm almost positive that, based on my experiences with this forum, that most on here have no idea who Darwin is. The only book they've ever opened is their T-Maxx manual.

the rc guy 01-01-2018 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Flagler (Post 15117989)
I'm almost positive that, based on my experiences with this forum, that most on here have no idea who Darwin is. The only book they've ever opened is their T-Maxx manual.

so your saying they open there manuals.(highly unlikely) after reading some of the Help needed posts..sorry had 2.

tobyzhang 01-01-2018 03:02 PM

I think the Egyptians was the first known people to apply the principle of Ackerman in horse carriages. Too bad they didn't go to the patent office for it, lol.

peter george 01-01-2018 03:07 PM

So basically everyone here doesn't open a book ? Our knowledge is limited to traxxas manuals ?

Flagler 01-01-2018 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by peter george (Post 15118110)
So basically everyone here doesn't open a book ? Our knowledge is limited to traxxas manuals ?

I said "most." Whether or not you fall into that category is up to you. ;)

scary_jerry 01-01-2018 05:54 PM

:sneaky: \:tire:##:tire:\>

peter george 01-01-2018 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Flagler (Post 15118125)
I said "most." Whether or not you fall into that category is up to you. ;)

Ok not everyone but most people on rctech , you think it's a good thing to start off a new year by insulting " most " people on rctech ?

faqcya 01-01-2018 08:43 PM

When I open my manual I just look at the pictures and match the screws up to the pictures. You mean to tell me things like M3x12 are supposed to be read? I usually color the pictures when I'm at the track getting ready to race.

gigaplex 01-01-2018 11:47 PM

We're in the Racing Forum section. Traxxas doesn't see a lot of use in racing.

the rc guy 01-02-2018 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by gigaplex (Post 15118406)
We're in the Racing Forum section. Traxxas doesn't see a lot of use in racing.

wow news to me every track in 200 miles radius of me has a stock slash class.so traxxas must be not allowed in that class? LOL:flaming::lol::lol::nod: and very few people read there manual as one can see when trying to help others that's a proven..just like people not being able to find a manual online.hmm where did it go..puzzling how some take a statement in forums like its meant 4 them when it a some in there..
some read not many in my world
some cant so be it
some will never oh well no biggy
sorry not many like me if i get a kit or new product i read and reread manual till i got it..

gigaplex 01-02-2018 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by the rc guy (Post 15118756)
wow news to me every track in 200 miles radius of me has a stock slash class.so traxxas must be not allowed in that class? LOL:flaming::lol::lol::nod:

It's nice to hear that class is still going. I'd heard that it had died out when the other brands got involved in the SCT class. Perhaps I should clarify. The OP said T-Maxx manual. It's not a fair assumption that most people in the racing forum race monster trucks, and also read the manual. Does the T-Maxx manual even mention Ackermann?

Originally Posted by the rc guy (Post 15118756)
puzzling how some take a statement in forums like its meant 4 them when it a some in there..

Ironically my post wasn't aimed at you.

Flagler 01-02-2018 01:28 PM

This is has been really fun