Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Does your track enforce clean starts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 03:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That's why qualifying is so important..you dont want to start in the back with the hacks...I would be bummed if I pulled a holeshot and had a restart..
Old 12-07-2017, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad
Wished I had thought about that one, as I will make that a suggestion to one of the members their as currently they are spaced about 6-8 feet apart, so this might solve the problem and put more on qualifying to get a better starting spot, also note the RD does not like to piss people off, but I am betting the next race will be a eye opener
6-8 feet? Staggered? I think we are 4 feet between each. Staggered, so 1 and two are only 2 feet apart, but opposite sides of track.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that's what it is. For some reason we did not stagger this grid, but you can see how close they were.

Picture: RCPIX.NET | opening day 2016-17 | Photo 1
Old 12-08-2017, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
6-8 feet? Staggered? I think we are 4 feet between each. Staggered, so 1 and two are only 2 feet apart, but opposite sides of track.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that's what it is. For some reason we did not stagger this grid, but you can see how close they were.

Picture: RCPIX.NET | opening day 2016-17 | Photo 1
Looks like about 4 feet judging on length of cars on track, as on our outdoor series we space them 10-12 feet and I think all summer long only had one restart, just the biggest thing is, IF yea big if, everyone would tip toe the first few corners then it would be great, it really pisses a guy off when someone comes from the back of the pack and thinks they can win in the first 2 corners and blasts others out of their way, then the affected drivers are either playing catch up or out to punt who took them out
Old 12-08-2017, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

They space them out pretty good at our track, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a main restarted. Usually only a low level qualifying run or something. We usually run very spaced out in the qualifying heats as well, sometimes they just flip the switch in the middle of warm up laps.

Calling the race properly is probably most important though. When your getting lapped there isn’t really a reason to race that guy into a corner and cause a crash. I’m not saying you should stop, but just not try to wreck anyone.

Sometimes they will enforce a stop and go on people, other times people enforce it on themselves even.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

We are supposed to all do the 1st two/three corners clean at our track as well - for the sportsman and novice class there is generally no passing in the first corners either. If there is a three car pileup in those first corners they will restart. Generally its at most once a night and its usually the sportsman class as its the largest and most trigger happy drivers (such as myself!)
Old 12-08-2017, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I beleive if your track has a problem with starts a few enforced penalties at some of the tracks bigger races will generally get everyone in line. Have the starts policed by a couple of people and if they agree some one was overally agressive knock him back into a lower main. 1 trackmi go is really never a problem but no passing till 3rd turn. Another is a complete hack fest i dont go there much and they dont enforce penalties. The hack is usually caused by the 8 to 10 place starter dive bombng turn 1mhoping hoping to come out in 3rd
Old 12-08-2017, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I can see that there will be some changes being made as well I am going to work on the startin grids and may go to a single file start and space them out a bit farther
Old 12-12-2017, 01:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Another reason for restarts, as stated many times is hacks in the first corner. Personally i had my first event a while ago and the transponder i was borrowing was stuffing up so i started mains in 6th. I was into 2nd place by the first corner because everybody else crashed out (in-experienced u/16 class).

It seems that quals are meant to fix such a problem, but, if like me, you have a horrible qual and start back in the pack, this hacking and hitting becomes more prominent.

Ultimately you can do as many restarts and have the best drivers in the race, but sometimes it never really goes to plan as it should of and something happens. If its happening alot by the same person, well as said, chuck them at the back of the grid for un-sportmanship or something. Who knows. But some days there will be bad starts, its all apart of the sport. not every race will be perfect.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

I also try to mention before the race starts the race can't be won in the first corner but it certainly can be lost. Between that and larger spacing on the grid has helped making the starts a lot cleaner.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've raced several times at a track in the past that enforced clean starts through the first 2-3 corners or a restart. I have to say it was nice and kind of encouraged a clean race.

The track I'm racing at now doesn't stop it at all...that I've seen anyway. This results in major 1st and 2nd corner pile ups and just doesn't seem right. Ugly starts...
Old 01-28-2018, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The track I go to just reminds everybody that there will be no restart before each race and it usually stays pretty clean.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

never unless its one of the track owners that gets taken out on 1st turn..other than that its a crash fest and funny how no one can turn the wheel to drive around the wrecks..I do.I'll even drive out race traffic and wait till the pile up ends and drive around getting a lap on the crashed..
Old 01-28-2018, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

This track went to single line starts, about 7-8 feet between the cars, and was told if it was not clean thru the first 3 corners it would be a restart, as their was only 2-3 of them, but what it did was allowed people to tip toe thru the corner and race to the finish, instead of having the marshals decide the race, it would be cool if the guy on the bottom of the pile was marshaled first, but that never happens, as even though he was the first to wreck or get wrecked it always seemed to be last to get back into the race and then he is fighting to climb their way back up
Old 01-31-2018, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

This is a freaking good idea. In our sportsman class, we have a wide variety of skill levels. If you aren’t tq, you’ve got a 95% or getting wrecked on the first lap. I’ll definitely bring this up lol. It would be better for everyone
Old 06-04-2018, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad
This track went to single line starts, about 7-8 feet between the cars, and was told if it was not clean thru the first 3 corners it would be a restart, as their was only 2-3 of them, but what it did was allowed people to tip toe thru the corner and race to the finish, instead of having the marshals decide the race, it would be cool if the guy on the bottom of the pile was marshaled first, but that never happens, as even though he was the first to wreck or get wrecked it always seemed to be last to get back into the race and then he is fighting to climb their way back up
Per my tracks rules he would be properly marshalled last. If you caused the wreck the guys you took out get taken care of first.
valkyrie2118 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.