Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Etown posse' RC family reunion race/party >

Etown posse' RC family reunion race/party

Etown posse' RC family reunion race/party

Old 02-13-2006, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Etown posse' reunion update#1

With the Snowbirds over, it's time to provide this info.
Location; Zak's Hobbies 366 Wheat Rd (Sorrento Plaza) Vineland NJ 08360 856-697-1300.
Date; Sunday March 19 2006
Time; 1st heat goes off between 11am and noon. Start time may be raceday decision. Door will open 10am and I am attempting to get the track owner to open earlier. I will post accordingly.
Format; 2 qualifiers, reshuffle for 3rd round and mains.
Entry fee; $12, $10 with personal transponder.
Traction compound; no limitation.
Facility is handicapped accessable and is a no smoking enviroment, be aware!
Rules.
1/12th on road pan cars
Batteries; yes 4 of them. Any mah sub c.
Tires; foam any brand and compound.
Bodies; GTP style.
Motors; any 27 turn or 19 turn tagged armature in any can. Fixed or adjustable timing with or without bearings. Hybrids OK.
Minimum ride height; 1/8th inch.
Questions!!!!!
Old 02-16-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

One question... when you say:
any 27 turn or 19 turn tagged armature in any can
Do you mean that there will be two classes, or will both 27 turn and 19 turn motors run in the same class?

Thanks

D
Old 02-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Trips you could run a 19 or a 27 and lap times will be just about the same anyway
Old 02-16-2006, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Jeff if Fred and I are not going to practice for the regionals I will stop by. If nothing else its a spot to work on my touring car...and hey if there are any brave souls out there...bring your touring car. Don't do it as your primary but If I am able to show up we could throw them down and bash on the boards a little
Old 02-17-2006, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Trips

Do you mean that there will be two classes, or will both 27 turn and 19 turn motors run in the same class?

Thanks

D
That is correct, 27t and 19t will run in the same class. My reasoning is rather than limiting the racers into a corner with a stock motor I will give them some additional tuning latitude by allowing the 19t stuff. This track is small maybe 7-8 second lap times. For those guys who either can't tune their 27t motors to their liking and feel that they are at a substantial disadvantage will have more than enough "stank" under the hood with any 19t regardless of their tuning skills. For a fair amount of racers they may actually be more consistant with a 27t. Talk it up with your "peeps", I think you will find this party a refreshing change of pace from your usual racing experiences.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Jeff if Fred and I are not going to practice for the regionals I will stop by. If nothing else its a spot to work on my touring car...and hey if there are any brave souls out there...bring your touring car. Don't do it as your primary but If I am able to show up we could throw them down and bash on the boards a little
Definately, if you can't run just stop by to hang out, it just wouldn't be a party without you guys . Since I am not sure at this point of just what the turnout will be pit space may be at a premium for you to work on your stuff. Unfortunately, touring car is out of the question, this is a 1/12th only deal . If I allow touring I will be opening up a whole other can of worms because of theadditional requirements of having another class. I am sure I would get the "hey, if I had known touring was going to run I would have brought mine" comments and complaints, can't have any of that. However, as the day of the event gets closer I may be better able to determine the turnout I may be able to allow you to prictice in between rounds, but I will let you know.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Hey, cant blame a guy for trying LOL.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
When you get a chance at making a flyer of the Event, please post so I can make a copy of it and hand it to my fellow racers. They all seem to be very intrested.

Keep us all posted!!
Kwikvdub, I have to appologize on the flyers. Since I am very "computer challenged" I do not have the skills to produce a flyer . However, please feel free to share the info pertaining to the event with your "RC BUD'S", tell anyone interested about the thread on this subject, copy and paste as required to spread the word in your area, it will be much appreciated, thank you.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

This is going to be out of control in every good way possible!

When the rules are basically written to include everyone, it's gauranteed to be a party. If any of you hermits need gear to make it to the starting grid, please post up so we can get that taken care of. No sense watching the race when you can get involved in the wrecking!
Old 02-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
This is going to be out of control in every good way possible!

When the rules are basically written to include everyone, it's gauranteed to be a party. If any of you hermits need gear to make it to the starting grid, please post up so we can get that taken care of. No sense watching the race when you can get involved in the wrecking!
p.s.-Anyone have an original Bud's kydex car they want to dust off? Mines burning a hole in it's shoebox/coffin.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:43 AM
Tech Master

Default Attendees please listen up

All who may be interested in attending please stay tuned for some important information that once organized I will list by March 5 so stay tuned.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Trips

Thanks

D
The track owner kinda threw a wrench in the works for me and what I was trying to present to the Etown posse group by telling his locals/regulars by opening a "stock class with 27t ROAR motors". This is not a bad thing it's just that it is not how I designed it. I am encouraging all my peeps to run in the class I listed earlier. In order to maintain some organization attendees will only be allowed to run one class either the tracks "stock" or the Etown class due to time constraints. There will be more very important info on all these issues as well as others so check back by March 5.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

count me in jeff cant wait
Old 03-03-2006, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
count me in jeff cant wait
Thanks "CHAMP". I am working hard to make this a truely memorable event for one and all. Profitable for the track owner and fun for the attendees.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

Default Update 3/3/06

Sorry for the long post (like I ever had a short post ?), but I gotta get this stuff out there.

I recently visited HorshamRC and was very surprised at the amount of persons who had questions about the upcoming event. Though the threads don't show much activity in the way of "posts", the "hit counter" shows that many are aware of whats going on. Recent conversations with the track owner have prompted us to become proactive in regards to a system for pitting since the facility only has 40 spaces available. It appears the event may actually be larger than the facility can handle! (YIKES). So here's the plan. It is imperative that those who want to attend and race absolutely post on these boards and call the hosting hobby shop (856-697-1300). They have a running list of all those who call and will reserve you a spot. Without this info you may be pitting under the overhang at the front of the store. I will be attempting to post a current list of all those who post their committed intentions to attend.

Racers, please be aware, we may have to run a very tight program in order to keep things moving. "Grace periods" will be only granted when needed and at the race directors discression. Qualifying heats will be full.

Tables for pitting are built to accomidate stools and chairs so bring both types of chairs with you and use whichever suits you best.

The current schedule for the day goes like this.
Doors open 9am. Signups end 11:15am. If you are late you may miss the 1st qualifier. Drivers meeting 11:30am. 1st heat goes off at 12 noon.

More to come soon.

Last edited by spurcheck; 03-03-2006 at 03:48 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.