2013 Schedule and Discussion

Old 03-10-2013, 02:11 PM
  #61  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,595
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Questions?? blinky mode

Originally Posted by Gilley11
I would think u would need some sort of wheel adaptor to get u to the same profile rim and tire. A bigger rim with a low pro tire would be considered an advantage by some
can some explaine blinky to me never change a thing on my novik system i know it got it but what is it lol. i just got the first elctric last year and no one ran blinky. So know since i got the 2wd and 4x4 sc10 and both have the novik systems im ready for the sc races. just need to get a transsponder and rx yet for the 4x4. the 2wd is the 17.5 and the 4x4 is the 4.5 balistic for both.
imrob is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 03:06 PM
  #62  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Slashed Income's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rockford IL
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by imrob
can some explaine blinky to me never change a thing on my novik system i know it got it but what is it lol. i just got the first elctric last year and no one ran blinky. So know since i got the 2wd and 4x4 sc10 and both have the novik systems im ready for the sc races. just need to get a transsponder and rx yet for the 4x4. the 2wd is the 17.5 and the 4x4 is the 4.5 balistic for both.
Blinky means no timing advance or boost from the speed control.
Slashed Income is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 10:49 PM
  #63  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
nthunberg89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Machesney Park
Posts: 311
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gilley11
I would think u would need some sort of wheel adaptor to get u to the same profile rim and tire. A bigger rim with a low pro tire would be considered an advantage by some
Theres spec sized wheels out there with 17mm hex. so the only difference would be the 17mm hex rather than the 12mm hex.
nthunberg89 is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 10:55 PM
  #64  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (6)
 
nthunberg89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Machesney Park
Posts: 311
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

Actually now that Ive done more research i found out these are ROAR legal. As long as the converted buggy is within ROAR spec than its legal. Pretty happy to read that. And DE makes the 2.2/3.0 17mm hex wheels. Cant wait to build mine.
nthunberg89 is offline  
Old 03-10-2013, 11:32 PM
  #65  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (20)
 
bignik957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 183
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

So will there be stock buggy or just open buggy?
bignik957 is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 06:41 AM
  #66  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Offroadracer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Slashed Income
I am excited about blinky SCT! I brought it up last year and there was not much interest.
So, who is on board for blinky short course besides me?
I think I'm going 2WD mod and 4x4 this year, and maybe a little stadium with the SCB if allowed.
Offroadracer3 is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 09:33 AM
  #67  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: durand il
Posts: 439
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bignik957
So will there be stock buggy or just open buggy?
open. unless at least 4 show up to make there own class.
mattytrucks is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 10:37 AM
  #68  
Tech Master
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rochelle, IL
Posts: 1,551
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Im going Open SCT and ST and mabey a little 4x4 here and there.. Ayden is going open sct and 4x4
dashat2 is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 02:44 PM
  #69  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,595
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default blinky

ok thanks for that info. The wife was running that the whole time. One more question is does those 3+ De wheels keep the sct in roar rules and are they ok to use here. all i got is factory rims now but might glue another set up sometime and i herd those were good rims for the ft 4x4
imrob is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 04:44 PM
  #70  
Tech Master
 
cyoder#9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: freeport il
Posts: 1,946
Default

Originally Posted by imrob
ok thanks for that info. The wife was running that the whole time. One more question is does those 3+ De wheels keep the sct in roar rules and are they ok to use here. all i got is factory rims now but might glue another set up sometime and i herd those were good rims for the ft 4x4
Yes they are legal.they are great rims.
cyoder#9 is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 05:51 PM
  #71  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,595
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cyoder#9
Yes they are legal.they are great rims.
great thanks after i get the last bit for this truck maybe i will get those but there going in the wish list for sure.
imrob is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 05:52 PM
  #72  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
Jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,476
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bignik957
So will there be stock buggy or just open buggy?
As Matt stated its a open class. I ran a 17.5 boosted once and it kept up just fine.
Jason is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 06:11 PM
  #73  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
jkach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Dekalb, IL.
Posts: 1,452
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jason
As Matt stated its a open class. I ran a 17.5 boosted once and it kept up just fine.
So what are you running this summer Jason? Any drawings of the new track?
jkach is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 06:43 PM
  #74  
Tech Master
 
cyoder#9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: freeport il
Posts: 1,946
Default

I ran 17.5 boosted last year.it was just as fast as most.
cyoder#9 is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 06:44 PM
  #75  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (20)
 
bignik957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 183
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

OK I'll try boosted 17.5
bignik957 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.