Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing > RaceemRC
Race Em RC -  2012 Schedule - Off Road Dirt - Rockford, IL >

Race Em RC - 2012 Schedule - Off Road Dirt - Rockford, IL

Race Em RC - 2012 Schedule - Off Road Dirt - Rockford, IL

Old 02-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by twelvegauge
How about some cool elevation changes? I know you want to keep the track surface at a good angle for runoff and dont want any pooling of water. They could be put closer to the drivers stand, plus it will be easier to judge that way.

I don't plan to run SC this year so lest see some 2wd and 4wd buggys this year .
Draw it up!!!! I already have a few entries!! No loopty loops there soccer mom!!! But keep em coming!! Just remember, this is to help get you guys more involved with the track building process! We will need lots of help when it comes to building it!! Keep that all in mind!!!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Come on.... How much extra dirt we got ?? I'm not a fan of X'overs But im thinking a Round-a-bout may be in order..
Old 02-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Stock tires

What do you think tire rules will be for stock SCT this season? I feel like shopping!
Old 02-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Open Tire sounds good to me. I here those new Panther SC tires will be all the rage this summer!!
Old 02-29-2012, 02:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

thing about open tire for SCT is that the mod class pretty much dissapears... we'll have to think about which way we want to go....
Old 02-29-2012, 05:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Benny 13
thing about open tire for SCT is that the mod class pretty much dissapears... we'll have to think about which way we want to go....
That's pretty much how it was last year with AKA Enduros, stock was just as fast as mod. People even won mod races with boosted 17.5's.

Blinky for stock would slow the class down more than tires would. If you want to go fast, run mod. If you want lower speeds to match drivers with lower skill levels, run stock.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slashed Income
That's pretty much how it was last year with AKA Enduros, stock was just as fast as mod. People even won mod races with boosted 17.5's.

Blinky for stock would slow the class down more than tires would. If you want to go fast, run mod. If you want lower speeds to match drivers with lower skill levels, run stock.
Blinky mode is nice for indoor.. But outdoor is way to big I think.. I say we open the tire rule and if mod is eliminated then so be it.. Almost everyone is running 17.5 now a days anyway. Whats everyone think bout that?
Old 02-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by raceemrc
Blinky mode is nice for indoor.. But outdoor is way to big I think.. I say we open the tire rule and if mod is eliminated then so be it.. Almost everyone is running 17.5 now a days anyway. Whats everyone think bout that?
Isn't blinky pretty much what everyone ran before timing advance came out?
If it gets hot, gear down. It's not supossed to be as fast as mod....

My first brushless system was a Novak Havoc, no timimg advance. I had to play with gear ratios to keep the motor cool, just like the old brushed motor days.

When I found out everyone was using speed controls with timing advance I had to buy a Castle to stay competitive.

My $.02 says stock should be slower than mod.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

What did we have last year in mod 4-6 drivers a week? It was basically me, Jo Jo, Yoder and one or 2 others. I say Open Tire 17.5 = stock. Anything other than 17.5 = mod. Sure mod will prob go away but SCB, Buggy, Truggy will fill the void.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

The only thing about blinky is people begin to push their motors even harder.. To get more speed out of them. Then it turns into an expensive class. In all reality the stock class is very cheap to run. Minus the initial investment. Once the truck, motor, speed control are purchased what are we really spending our money on.. I do not know about all of you, but I have not replaced one part on my 2wd all winter long. If we go blinky I think it will get very expensive due to guys pushing these motors harder and harder every weekend. If timing is on, we tend to under gear them to keep them cooler. Our main goal at Race Em is to get new people into the hobby, and if we turn a cheap class into an expensive class it will start to turn people away from it..
Old 03-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Well said jz !!!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

+1 I personally cant afford to be replacing motors and or ESC's when they burn up staying close to competitive. The rules last year were great, Im not even sure Im comfortable opening the tire rule due to the expense it may cause to the racers.. It was nice only having 1 set of tires to worry about!!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Got a little Captain in ya??

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by raceemrc
The only thing about blinky is people begin to push their motors even harder.. To get more speed out of them. Then it turns into an expensive class. In all reality the stock class is very cheap to run. Minus the initial investment. Once the truck, motor, speed control are purchased what are we really spending our money on.. I do not know about all of you, but I have not replaced one part on my 2wd all winter long. If we go blinky I think it will get very expensive due to guys pushing these motors harder and harder every weekend. If timing is on, we tend to under gear them to keep them cooler. Our main goal at Race Em is to get new people into the hobby, and if we turn a cheap class into an expensive class it will start to turn people away from it..
Great explaination..and I agree.
With gas poised to hit 5bucks this summer and race em runnin on some saturdays you could have a great summer season. Keeping the rules as close to CCX and lith would be your best bet on guys visiting or continuing to race at the track.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Gilley11
Great explaination..and I agree.
With gas poised to hit 5bucks this summer and race em runnin on some saturdays you could have a great summer season. Keeping the rules as close to CCX and lith would be your best bet on guys visiting or continuing to race at the track.
I thought lith was running blinky buggy....I haven't been for a while, but there were rumors.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slashed Income
I thought lith was running blinky buggy....I haven't been for a while, but there were rumors.
I heard they are suppose to go blinky after the points series is over unless something changed.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.