Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing > RaceemRC
Bid Farewell 3/17/2018 Race Em's final tone >

Bid Farewell 3/17/2018 Race Em's final tone

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dashat2

Bid Farewell 3/17/2018 Race Em's final tone

Old 02-25-2018, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Bid Farewell 3/17/2018 Race Em's final tone

To our Race Em Family and friends,

There comes a point in everyone’s life that they decide it is time for a change. Change can be difficult but at the same time Change can also be very good.
Race Em R/C was founded in 2008 as we started off with a small group of guys who wanted to create a change in the community. We wanted to give kids and adults alike an alternative for fun. Give them an alternative to video games and an avenue to keep them out of trouble, all the while teaching them some very important life and social skills. But most importantly we wanted to give families a way to spend time together in a positive and competitive environment. I think we succeeded in that in all levels.

Since 2008 Race Em has gone through some major ups and downs. What started as a club, with a small outdoor track on family land in NW Rockford and eventually became a state of the art Indoor Off-Road racing facility. Since moving indoors we have been running races twice a week and Race EM R/C has become a well-known name in the RC industry.

We have made so many friends through Race Em R/C. We have watched new racers, young and old start in the Sportsman class. We have watched those same racers through practice and guidance from all of our local racers and employee’s become some fast and talented drivers.

With all that comes the change I eluded to earlier. Sadly Race Em R/C will be closing the doors for good on Saturday March 17th with one last Farewell race. Details will be posted this week. We really hope EVERYONE will come say farewell to Race Em as we would love to thank everyone in person for the 10 years of support.
Upcoming Series Races:
The Winter Blast Series Finale scheduled for March 18th will move to the 17th with awards handed out at the conclusion of the day.
The Friday clash series scheduled for March 23rd will be run March 9th with Double Points . We will do everything we can to have awards done before then. If not they will be handed out the March 17th as well

The decision to close Race Em R/C was not an easy one at all. But let me end the rumors before they begin this has absolutely nothing to do with money, attendance or any other rumor that may be started or is currently floating around out there. This decision was made because of family. PERIOD… As said before Race Em was created mainly for children. Race Em R/C was never my full time job, and having to work a full-time job on top of running Race Em R/C makes it really hard to have enough family time. My children did not choose to come into this world. It is not fair to them to have a father that is never around. I have missed so many first with them and with me starting a new career this past fall its time I prioritize what’s important in my life. My family will always come 1st.
Next, to my AWESOME wife Lisa. She does so much for our family it is time I close this chapter of our life and be the husband that I want to be and the husband she deserves.

So many people have put their heart and souls into Race Em R/C. It will not be easy these next few weeks as we say good bye to something so many people have worked so hard for. We have always tried to give everyone the best possible experience when they visit us. It hasn’t always been easy, and decisions made haven’t always been the most popular but one thing we learned is in the R/C industry you can’t please everyone. We only hope we have helped create some good memories and more importantly great friendships along the way. . This is the hardest decision we have ever had to make in our life.
Lisa and I really cannot be more thankful for everything we have learned through Race Em R/C. We are extremely thankful for all the people we have met along the road. The amazing friendships we have because of Race Em will never be forgotten and will continue lifelong!

I cannot say THANK YOU enough to everyone who has helped Race Em in any way over the last 10 years! Thank you!
From the bottom of my heart and with a tear in my eye, I thank you all for being absolutely amazing! I really hope to have a sold-out house on March 17 the for the final Farewell race for Race Em R/C! Details coming soon
Hawk6 likes this.