R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   R/C Tech Site Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-tech-site-forum-14/)
-   -   SITEWIDE POLL: How can RCTech improve? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-tech-site-forum/953066-sitewide-poll-how-can-rctech-improve.html)

ibobi 07-19-2016 01:39 PM

SITEWIDE POLL: How can RCTech improve?

Please click as many as you think apply. If you have suggestions that are not on the list, you can write them in the thread comments below.

Thanks for helping to make RCTech the best it can be!

-The RCT Team

30Tooth 07-19-2016 02:07 PM

First thank you for the openness to criticism.
I would like for tagging someone who could add something to the thread; an option to "follow" (meaning to know when someone posted); instead of good people posting motor questions on both on-road and off-road sections a unified motor sub-forum; fixing the "auto parsing links in text" as it is messing with YT links; maybe a feedback system like it was used in a forum I was part of many moons ago, each member had green (good) or red (bad) circles depending on the advice given, anyone who relayed bad information was punished for it and vice versa; less OT but that depends on us more than the site I guess. Graphically is not bad but watching this on a 22" screen I see much wasted space and when I enlarge the reply box the submit button goes out of screen. About the mobile it's good with the auto scroll but if it was self-contained (same thread only, not related threads) it would be spot of for me. Also what about getting rid of the Google video button?

Roelof 07-19-2016 02:49 PM

New logo won't add/change a thing...

The last weeks I have bad experiences wit adds, most of them were when leaving a page I did get the message "you are sure to leave this page?" And with 3 same banners you can see that it is very anoying. It also shows tha 3 same banners is a bit overdone.......
Also slowness, last 2 weeks I experience slow reaction or stop moments while loading. If it is the forum or the advertising I do not know.

30Tooth 07-19-2016 02:54 PM

I can assure you it's the ads ;)

MDawson 07-19-2016 07:56 PM

Having been on RCtech for over 15 years - it is about time to reinvent the site.

While 'take-over' ads are distracting - the mobile version on IOS is not intuitive. Giving users an option to default 'desktop' or 'mobile' for IOS would help.

Moderation has seemed to stifle discussion in recent years. The audience of 'knowledgeable' contributors have moved on to other platform like Facebook and Slack where they can control have their own voice. Perhaps the policies for moderation need to be evaluated.

Improving search would be a big gain. Although R/C has changed a lot in a couple of years - there is a wealth of information here that can prove to be beneficial for novice and sportsman hobbyists.

Reinvent the 'For Sale' section - visually driven presentation and better search

1stPlaceAllDay 07-19-2016 08:23 PM

allow garage hobbyist to post things they make for sale

nctsdodgeman 07-20-2016 10:14 AM

My suggestion - when clicking on a topic that has unread messages, instead of going to the first post of the thread, have it go to the first unread message - many forum software has this set automatically. I realize we can hit the "first unread" link, but it'd just make things a little quicker.

racer1812 07-20-2016 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by nctsdodgeman (Post 14608051)
My suggestion - when clicking on a topic that has unread messages, instead of going to the first post of the thread, have it go to the first unread message - many forum software has this set automatically. I realize we can hit the "first unread" link, but it'd just make things a little quicker.

:weird:

skinned 07-20-2016 01:12 PM

I don't know a whole lot about the underground of r/c tech but....maybe sponsoring some drivers?

jiml 07-20-2016 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Roelof (Post 14607227)
New logo won't add/change a thing...

The last weeks I have bad experiences wit adds, most of them were when leaving a page I did get the message "you are sure to leave this page?" And with 3 same banners you can see that it is very anoying. It also shows tha 3 same banners is a bit overdone.......
Also slowness, last 2 weeks I experience slow reaction or stop moments while loading. If it is the forum or the advertising I do not know.

I thought that was just me.

Ron Goetter 07-20-2016 08:07 PM

How about not completely restructuring the racing forum so people had to go to regional forums which in turn killed the racing forum. Took one of the fastest moving forum spots and made it one of the slowest.

Also when in the for sale forum when someone files a negitive feed back on you because you gave them a negitive feed back. That makes it much harder too want to come here too sell or trade.

Uploading pictures could be easier and the site could also have the option to lock it in the desktop version over the mobile.

roadrashracing2 07-20-2016 09:51 PM

How about an rctech app? Example you could have sale ads easy like craigslist, type in title, description, and a easy way to upload pictures. You could set up messaging thats more real time vs a p.m. I think you need to offer more what facebook has to get the crowd.

Matt M. 07-21-2016 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter (Post 14608581)
How about not completely restructuring the racing forum so people had to go to regional forums which in turn killed the racing forum. Took one of the fastest moving forum spots and made it one of the slowest.

Also when in the for sale forum when someone files a negitive feed back on you because you gave them a negitive feed back. That makes it much harder too want to come here too sell or trade.

Uploading pictures could be easier and the site could also have the option to lock it in the desktop version over the mobile.

so the moderators enforcing the rules of the forum, by keeping things organized is a problem for you?

if someone gave you unwarranted negative feedback (or positive for that matter) all you need to to is send a pm to myself or Racer1812 and we will look into it.

zimmie 07-21-2016 10:24 AM

One thing I'd like to see fixed is the "AUTO" marking of posts as read when you have not been active with your browser session for approximately 15 minutes....very annoying.

Stubbs 07-21-2016 06:26 PM

I voted for "making pages load faster", but then I thought about it, and "fixing banner ads" would probably accomplish that goal.

Being 100% up front with the "powers that be", I started using an Ad blocker on my browser as a direct result of this site. They got to be so intrusive that I either needed to install a blocker, or stop visiting the forum. I know that ads are needed for revenue, but at least in my case, because of how they are implemented, the advertisers are getting 0% response from me.