Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
Why can I not post in the for sale section? >

Why can I not post in the for sale section?

Why can I not post in the for sale section?

Old 02-16-2016, 08:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Why can I not post in the for sale section?

Are my post counts not high enough?
Old 02-16-2016, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Texas Xtreme View Post
Are my post counts not high enough?
You need to be a member for 90 days AND have 90 LEGIT posts to create threads in the For Sale sections. OR you can become an Elite member ($3 a month).

It's all in here..

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...1-11-14-a.html
Old 02-16-2016, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Is it that hard to search and read the rules?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...1-11-14-a.html

A sticky topic in the sales section. Sticky topics could have some important information....
Old 02-16-2016, 12:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And this why I do not post on forums. Instead of just linking the rules someone has to chime in with negativity. I have posted in for sale before and they must have changed the rules in the last few years.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Talking

And this why I do not post on forums. Instead of just linking the rules someone has to chime in with negativity. I have posted in for sale before and they must have changed the rules in the last few years.
I don't think he meant anything personal by it but this question is posted in thread form often (instead of doing research on this site). Don't take it personally I believe the intent of rctech is to be more than an rc ebay.....I believe it's more about being a part of the community. There are some very good people on this site but occasionally there are scammers as well so I also think the idea was to make sure somebody doesn't start an account just to buy,sell,scam.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by skater-deez1 View Post
I don't think he meant anything personal by it but this question is posted in thread form often (instead of doing research on this site). Don't take it personally I believe the intent of rctech is to be more than an rc ebay.....I believe it's more about being a part of the community. There are some very good people on this site but occasionally there are scammers as well so I also think the idea was to make sure somebody doesn't start an account just to buy,sell,scam.
Maybe, maybe not.

While I'm not trying to be negative about you asking your question. The Mod staff along with the site admin get asked on a daily basis "Why can't I create a For Sale thread?". While it may seem like a simple enough question. Our frustration comes from the fact that these same people can't find/see the rules stuck to the top of the For Sale forums, which answers their question. BUT, they can find the "site forum" to ask in, or they can find a Mod or the site admin to PM and ask.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:59 AM
Tech Champion

Maybe I was a bit rude but for sure I am not sorry about it.
On several forums where I am active I do see these kind of lazy people. Asking a question while the answer is directly under their nose, and then becomming mad if you remark it.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This is helpfull information for me as I have not visited the site in a while and was able to post in the for sale section before but now I am not so the rules have changed , seems good reason to get people more involved with support and knowledge they may have rather than just try to buy and sell rc's by either making posts or a donation to keep the site going!!!
Old 08-11-2016, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I think there should have been some sort of grandfathered clause. I understand the reasoning of cleaning up the for sale section and trying to make the site more enthusiast based as a whole. But I've been away for a bit and I don't qualify to post in the FS section now because I'm only at 78 posts, even though I've been a member since 2012. My only real gripe I suppose is that I have to limit my posts now so I'm not suspected of trying to "post build". I'm not sure if that was the term used. I admit though that the approach isn't that bad. It certainly removes the ability of scamming by changing a screen login. Just a bit of a pain in the butt.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 313 (100%+)

It's not a big ask, to contribute 1 meaningful post a day in the first 90 days, in your case being a member for some 3 and a half years so 1277.5 days making a post every fortnight would have done.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Agreed. But I'd argue the majority of posts bloating isn't really meaningful. I'm not particularly active in any forum or social media. I was active in person at shops and events for the sport. And someone's post accumulation doesn't necessarily hold bearing on how dedicated they are. Specifically to your comment you're absolutely correct, it's not too much to ask for. If the criteria had been 20 it would be a non issue, if it were 200 there would be a higher number of people effected and outspoken about it. I'm not angry at the situation and I think it was a good move. I decided to comment because I've seen others complaining about it and I'm griping because this is the correct place to do so. I imagine some moderators have been getting reaction to it and it's been annoying.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
It's not a big ask, to contribute 1 meaningful post a day in the first 90 days, in your case being a member for some 3 and a half years so 1277.5 days making a post every fortnight would have done.
Originally Posted by Ishsquish View Post
Agreed. But I'd argue the majority of posts bloating isn't really meaningful. I'm not particularly active in any forum or social media. I was active in person at shops and events for the sport. And someone's post accumulation doesn't necessarily hold bearing on how dedicated they are. Specifically to your comment you're absolutely correct, it's not too much to ask for. If the criteria had been 20 it would be a non issue, if it were 200 there would be a higher number of people effected and outspoken about it. I'm not angry at the situation and I think it was a good move. I decided to comment because I've seen others complaining about it and I'm griping because this is the correct place to do so. I imagine some moderators have been getting reaction to it and it's been annoying.
You agree with nexxus, you admit you're not very active, you've NEVER made a post helping anyone, 90% of all your previous posts have been sales related..all facts. You then become "Mr. Helpful" and make 10 posts in an HOUR in the Rookie section.

That sir, is classic post running.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Vbulletin should be able to hide the FS/FT section for 'non eligible ' users. Similar to the paid members only section.
Old 08-14-2016, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
Vbulletin should be able to hide the FS/FT section for 'non eligible ' users. Similar to the paid members only section.

agreed, isnt rccrawler like that??

i think its a good idea..
Old 08-14-2016, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
agreed, isnt rccrawler like that??

i think its a good idea..
Yes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service