Old 11-21-2015, 04:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

It's relentless. It sucks.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default This ad is asinine

This is one of the most ignorantly intrusive ad campaigns I've ever seen. I work in advertising and marketing and I've seen some dooseys over the years. There is absolutely no reason that you should have the ad frequency set to every page change on the site while using a mobile platform. This ad should be set to pop up on the first page change of each day for each user act. then drop off and not show again. It would be a lot more effective to pop up once, then scroll in a banner on top or the side of the page. With a good majority of people accessing the internet/RC Tech by way of some form of mobile device, especially the younger demographic, this is pissing off a lot of people. 95% of the general public will not complain about intrusive or offensive ads, they deal with it and try to ignore them. 4.5% will not know where to complain, so they don't. One half of one percent is industry standard for complaints of this type of intrusive media advertising.

EVERYTIME you change pages within RC Tech, the ad pops up, not sometimes or every fifth page chage, every time, which is completely unnecessary. It's not A-Mains fault though, I'm sure they would understand the frustration if they accessed the site on a mobile device. If they have any business acumen at all they would demand it be changed immediately. The webmaster for RC Tech could change the ad frequency in less than 5 minutes to an acceptable rate.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Default Ohhhh Ferris!

Bueller.... Bueller..... Bueller...
Old 11-21-2015, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The ad is a bit much, when it pops up every 15seconds....
Old 11-21-2015, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Yea, this pop up is crazy.....
Old 11-21-2015, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Yeah something has gone wrong.

I have been told, "The ad should only appear once per session for logged-in users. If you're not logged in you will see it more often (solution: log in)."
Old 11-21-2015, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig

I have been told, "The ad should only appear once per session for logged-in users. If you're not logged in you will see it more often (solution: log in)."
Yep, I'm only getting it on first visit. Same on mobile. Not sure whats happening with other people but my desktop and mobile are fine. Browsing freely with no pop ups.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Enough is enough, every time you open something it pops up. Get with the people and make the change before they start loosing customers, I am ready not to buy from them just because of the pop up. There are other rc hobby shops that would love their business.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:14 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Jesus.... I don't run ******* on pages that I like to support. I will be turning it on for this site now. Great job. Even if it was a mistake, they're are already 3 ads per page, we needed another one right in my face?

Haha wow, they censor the word @dbl0ck
Old 11-21-2015, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Come on RC Tech, fix this.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Yea.... It's getting pretty annoying!!!!
Old 11-21-2015, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm logged in on my phone and it pops up Everytime I click something. this is really annoying.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:04 AM
Tech Addict

That's the way an effective ad campaign of this type should work. I was logged in from 6ish until I wrote post #17 at 7:17, and every page change brought another ad. It didn't matter where you were navigating from or to, every time the page refreshed or changed, BAM. I had to leave the site until post #18 at 8ish because I couldn't take it any longer.

However, it appears that the problem has been addressed, it has only come up once since I logged in 20 minutes ago. I'm glad they heeded the complaints and resolved the issue.

Good work RCTech!
Old 11-22-2015, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gpd123
That's the way an effective ad campaign of this type should work. I was logged in from 6ish until I wrote post #17 at 7:17, and every page change brought another ad. It didn't matter where you were navigating from or to, every time the page refreshed or changed, BAM. I had to leave the site until post #18 at 8ish because I couldn't take it any longer.

However, it appears that the problem has been addressed, it has only come up once since I logged in 20 minutes ago. I'm glad they heeded the complaints and resolved the issue.

Good work RCTech!
Too bad it hasn't been addressed. Still pop ups every page for me. RCTech has really irked me this time. I tend to be a very passive person and won't say anything, but this is asinine and it is NOT! Fixed.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:35 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'd rather have the silly ad pop up then be redirected to an app. I've had days when I coukdnt even view site without be redirected.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.