R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   R/C Tech Site Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-tech-site-forum-14/)
-   -   in the for sale forum, why do people edit the price to SOLD? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-tech-site-forum/889751-sale-forum-why-do-people-edit-price-sold.html)

FamousMortimer 08-22-2015 08:40 PM

in the for sale forum, why do people edit the price to SOLD?

it would be nice to see what the asking prices for items were. if only to see what the going rate is for a particular item.

flou 08-22-2015 08:53 PM

They mark it as sold because they cannot delete the four sale ad.it stops people from contacting them for something they no longer have.

hotrod87 08-22-2015 08:54 PM

I agree but....... I tried leaving price and marking sold but kept being asked if item was still for sale. That is why I put sold in place of price when an item sells.

buster8787 08-23-2015 05:18 AM

The following bit might help

Selling motor

edit ad

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

buster8787 08-23-2015 05:19 AM

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

FamousMortimer 08-23-2015 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by hotrod87 (Post 14152931)
I agree but....... I tried leaving price and marking sold but kept being asked if item was still for sale. That is why I put sold in place of price when an item sells.

That makes sense. Thanks.

WRXnItUp 08-24-2015 08:07 AM

I always thought it was somehow a courtesy thing to future sellers (esp if you dropped the price for a quick sell), but I could see how it would stop people from contacting you to see if it's still available. I was over thinking it.

sakadachi 08-24-2015 09:34 AM

I'd check ebay for market price of used items, if not just put your price and a obo.

SOLD threads should be deleted or at least locked.

FamousMortimer 08-24-2015 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by sakadachi (Post 14154829)
I'd check ebay for market price of used items, if not just put your price and a obo.

SOLD threads should be deleted or at least locked.

well, im still too new to post a for sale ad, but was mostly looking to see if im about to get hosed for a particular item. the thought of moderating the most popular sub-forum to that level of detail sounds...awful. also a locked thread still probably wouldnt dissuade some people from still pming you after it sold. all in all, im learning i just need to be less lazy and do more research on my own.

buster8787 08-24-2015 04:21 PM

for sale thread has many items for sale on it

chazekxt 08-24-2015 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by FamousMortimer (Post 14152919)
it would be nice to see what the asking prices for items were. if only to see what the going rate is for a particular item.

i to see this a lot here and others sites

buster8787 08-25-2015 03:02 AM

quite an issue

sakadachi 08-25-2015 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by FamousMortimer (Post 14155236)
well, im still too new to post a for sale ad, but was mostly looking to see if im about to get hosed for a particular item. the thought of moderating the most popular sub-forum to that level of detail sounds...awful. also a locked thread still probably wouldnt dissuade some people from still pming you after it sold. all in all, im learning i just need to be less lazy and do more research on my own.

I'm on a lot of car forums and locking the sold ads is the norm. I was rather surprised to see that it was not done here considering the amount of traffic most for sale sections get (not just at rctech).

racer1812 08-25-2015 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by sakadachi (Post 14156423)
I'm on a lot of car forums and locking the sold ads is the norm. I was rather surprised to see that it was not done here considering the amount of traffic most for sale sections get (not just at rctech).

Members don't have the ability to close their own threads here. And there's no way to moderate activity like that. Would it be nice, yes. Is it an option, no.

TIME MACHINE 08-25-2015 11:03 AM

If a member were able to edit the subject line to say "sold", it would really help. There is nothing worse than clicking through various ads only to see that the item has sold. I'd love to see that information in the subject (aka topic) line.

With that being said, correct me if I'm wrong, I think a topic starter can only edit that subject line for a brief few minutes. After that, you are stuck.