SOLD Items

Old 10-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)
Default SOLD Items

I would like to see a way to clearly identify items that have been sold and also enable a feature in the search that would screen sold items out of results. All too often, sellers post sold within the body of their posts, but leave the title unedited making it difficult to know if an item has sold.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

We discussed this in a thread not too long ago. The inability for a user to edit the thread title after approximately five minutes makes it really tough. If this wasn't the case, marking things sold in the title would go a long ways to fixing this.

I'm also starting to want the classifieds broken up into two categories, like full RC Vehicles and RC parts. It would sure help things out when searching for something. I have been neutral on it, but I think the time has come.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i think it should go a step farther than marking "sold" and let the OP delete the post when it sells. too many people not reading before they post a reply, asking questions about an item after it's sold, trying to work a deal after it has "sold" in the body. it would also declutter the classifieds.

...and while i'm at it a 2 day bump rule. i've seen some posts bumped after a couple hours! or at least a 24hr bump rule would be nice...

... and 1 more ----> limit # of posts one person can put in classifieds to 5/day, or something along that line.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by col flagg
i think it should go a step farther than marking "sold" and let the OP delete the post when it sells. too many people not reading before they post a reply, asking questions about an item after it's sold, trying to work a deal after it has "sold" in the body. it would also declutter the classifieds.

...and while i'm at it a 2 day bump rule. i've seen some posts bumped after a couple hours! or at least a 24hr bump rule would be nice...

... and 1 more ----> limit # of posts one person can put in classifieds to 5/day, or something along that line.
There is a limit on bumps. One per day.maybe read the rules
Old 10-18-2015, 06:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

my bad. i know it's hard to enforce with the # of people selling stuff, but some people take it to the extreme. i've seen ads bumped numerous times a day.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

That's what the report post button is for.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not a fan off people deleting their ad once something is sold or getting deleting the price and inserting sold. I like to look up what items have been going far, and its very hard when nothing has a price.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:54 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

On another forum, you edit and put [SOLD] in title and it is automatically moved to a archive section.