R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   R/C Tech Site Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-tech-site-forum-14/)
-   -   Slow To Load (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-tech-site-forum/850911-slow-load.html)

cben 12-07-2014 06:29 PM

Slow To Load

I am having a problem with this forum loading very very slow. It take 2 to 3 minutes for each page (kinda resembles dial up). It is that way on my PC (both Goggle and Goggle Chrome) my tablet and my smart phone.

This is the only site I have that problem with so what could it be?

Odin544 12-07-2014 09:38 PM

Probably all the ads. They have to load first as thats the most important thing to IB. They could care less about the rest of the forum so long as the ads load.

cben 12-08-2014 03:20 AM

Does It load slow for you Odin?

RobsRacin 12-08-2014 04:15 AM

Same for me. The whole page won't load until the pop up video plays on the lower left.... Boy that's frickin annoying

Odin544 12-08-2014 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by cben (Post 13705371)
Does It load slow for you Odin?

RCtech is always slow or gives me other problems. Pop ups, redirects to other pages, redirects to play store on my phone, etc. They will try and tell you its your device or computer. But that isn't the case. They cram so much advertising on here, and they don't even know what half of it is, that's why they ask users to screen shot the problem ads.

Go to any other site on the net and no issues on any of my 4 laptops or the 3 phones in the house. Come to RCtech, same story every device.

Wade Rowley 12-08-2014 08:26 PM

no trouble here, load times are fine...maybe internet connection settings/firewall and or antivirus.

Cpt.America 12-09-2014 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Odin544 (Post 13707394)
RCtech is always slow or gives me other problems. Pop ups, redirects to other pages, redirects to play store on my phone, etc. They will try and tell you its your device or computer. But that isn't the case. They cram so much advertising on here, and they don't even know what half of it is, that's why they ask users to screen shot the problem ads.

Go to any other site on the net and no issues on any of my 4 laptops or the 3 phones in the house. Come to RCtech, same story every device.

I use RCtech on my phone all the time. Never had any issues. Ads quetly load on the side and bottom, etc... but have never seen a redirect to playstore, etc.

racer1812 12-09-2014 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Cpt.America (Post 13708718)
I use RCtech on my phone all the time. Never had any issues. Ads quetly load on the side and bottom, etc... but have never seen a redirect to playstore, etc.

I can't say the same. And, I'm guessing depending on the ads trying to load, my phone will freeze and the site wont load. Have to close my browser and reopen the site. What's funny is that my phone loads the site better when I DON'T use WiFi. :weird::weird:

imprsme 12-09-2014 11:33 AM

I too have just been hit with the redirects to the App Store.

Just started about a week or two ago. Very annoying.

I have tried turning pop up blocker on and it still does the same thing.

madweazl 12-09-2014 11:40 AM

Run Firefox and the NoScripts addon and it will be rocket fast without the annoying ads. Redirects from the site are generally from accidentally mousing over one of the adchoice banners (will drift up the page if you inadvertently hover over one). Noscripts is annoying at first but once you start configuring it you'll wonder why you ever surfed without it.

cben 12-10-2014 06:16 PM

No redirects or anything like that, just a white blank screen until the page loads. It took me 11 minutes to get on the site and to post this reply.

madweazl 12-10-2014 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by cben (Post 13712000)
No redirects or anything like that, just a white blank screen until the page loads. It took me 11 minutes to get on the site and to post this reply.

That's something on your end my friend.

Edit: took 3 seconds to post this.

Cpt.America 12-11-2014 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by cben (Post 13712000)

format & start over.