Forum Etiquette

Old 07-19-2005, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Default Forum Etiquette

I apologize for not placing my complaint in this forum as I was unaware of its existence until now.

My original complaint can be found here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78404

The forum rules state the following:

"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

I would like to file a formal complaint as to the use of obscene, vulgar and sexually-orientated avatars by members rbboy and Marcel.

Thank you for your time and effort given to administering this website.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:13 PM
Tech Addict

there,thats better
Old 07-20-2005, 04:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

sexually-orientated

try looking that up in the dictionary....... youll find that the avatars of those 2 are not sexually-orientated
Old 07-21-2005, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

teamgp, i don't understand..you had your winning way and now you must make a second thread on this topic?

I am offended that a man finds a woman with her hands covering her breasts offensive. Now if there was an avatar on this board with a woman full frontal then i could understand your point.

So from what your saying religion is against sexuality but then why does god think of intercourse as a normal, moral thing to do? Your acting like an avatar with no nudity is so wrong. Why should everyone change just for one person that is against something?

Im not trying to personally attack you or anything i just don't get it.Elaborate further please.

Thanks
Sean
Old 07-21-2005, 07:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Team Duratrax
teamgp, i don't understand..you had your winning way and now you must make a second thread on this topic?

I am offended that a man finds a woman with her hands covering her breasts offensive. Now if there was an avatar on this board with a woman full frontal then i could understand your point.

So from what your saying religion is against sexuality but then why does god think of intercourse as a normal, moral thing to do? Your acting like an avatar with no nudity is so wrong. Why should everyone change just for one person that is against something?

Im not trying to personally attack you or anything i just don't get it.Elaborate further please.

Thanks
Sean
I agree with you Sean. I am also one who is offended by a man who thinks a woman who is covering her breasts with her hands. If the avatar was like a man screwin' a woman, I'd file a complaint too. But you're making a HUGE deal over 2 peoples avatars! You could've just PM'd them and said you think that their avatars are inappropriate and sorted it out privately, but instead you created this HUGE deal over something that's not that big of a deal. I personally don't care about peoples avatars. If they want a picture of a chick in a bikini, I for one support that. I don't mind seeing a hot chick in a bikini. I won't deny that. (Losi Jon, I like that avatar! She's cute!) I don't mind if a woman is fondling her breasts. I could care less. They're flauntin' what they got! I'm not saying show a fully naked woman without anything covering her parts, but don't try and tell us we can't have a pretty girl as an avatar. I don't see it in the rules stating:

"Your avatar must not consist of nudity, anything sexually oriented, or pretty girls in bikinis or them posing in a sexy manner."

We're supposed to appriciate the beauty of it, not drag it down. Personally, I'm not trying to attack you and saying you're wrong, I'm not trying to go against you. I do think some avatars are not appropriate, but sort them out privately through private messaging, not create a thread and cause a problem. Yes, you have your reasons for this, and I support you in a way. I don't want to see some peoples avatars, some of them are just, odd, but don't start a commotion over this. Do it VIA PM (I've said that 3 times so far, just trying to get a point across.) Your beliefs and others beliefs are totally different (applies for everyone, not just you teamgp) I believe that it's not so wrong to have a woman touching her breasts as an avatar (example) I personally don't mind. My view is that. Your view is different. Everyones is different. Now, can we just all stop complaining about this issue, go back to talking about RC, and close this thread??????
Old 07-21-2005, 02:21 PM
R/C Tech Founder

For what it's worth, he posted this thread a couple of hours after the original, long before it blew up and I had to close it.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Tech Legend

Is it such a bad thing to support Futureal & the rules of this forum ?

C-on , the line was drawn with the new rule ...

It very obvious those two avatar`s cross it .....
Old 07-28-2005, 01:12 AM
Tech Regular

Default I find your avatar offensive

Personally, i dont like your avatar. it has stripes and i dont like stripes at all. I find it offensive....but wil you change it coz of 1 person that dont like it..i dont thinks so.. thats what your trying to do.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

The women are not nearly offensive as the dancing Barney!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 17driver
The women are not nearly offensive as the dancing Barney!!!
AHHHHH!! Barney is bad for your children! The women are nice. I like looking at hot chicks in bikinis. I thought we were done with this complaining about the avatars!?!!!!!!!!!!!!?????! Why do you care!!!!!! If an avatar is offensive, then turn off the avatars! THEY HAVE THAT OPTION Y'KNOW! If you want to see avatars, but dislike the offensive ones, then too bad! JUST PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!
Old 08-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Suspended

this is as stupid if you told someone that an avatar that said ae rules was very offensive because you are a diehard losi fan. who cares. its a free world ya know that right. im sorry this is total bs