Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
New Software Bugs and Problems >

New Software Bugs and Problems

New Software Bugs and Problems

Old 05-24-2005, 01:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dirtfreak15
dont know if this has been said or not but it doesnt tell you if the user is online or not.
(dosnt really matter but i kinda liked it.)
the user's online are now shown on the bottom of the page... then on the top.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:02 AM
Tech Champion

Arrow Disabling Script Debugging

hi, you might want to try disabling script debugging.. n... see if it works....

On your internet browser, select 'Tools' -> 'Internet Options' -> click on 'Advanced' tab, Settings - Browsing checked the followings
- Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)
- Disable Script Debugging (Other)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Whenever I click on a hotlink in the notification email I get I get the following error message :

This is the line that it's barfing on (I have MS visual interdev that I use to debug javascript):

Old 05-24-2005, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Forgot to mention. This new format also has Reputation system. I think that should be enabled. This will allow people to know and see whos good trades , who has good info to give and also rewards people by letting them know something they posted was worth reading.

This makes them want to continue posting and contributing quality.

All this equals another great add-on just waiting to be enabled in vb3. I know rctech would benefit highly from this.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It works fine ...I mean all I gotta do is say "No" ...and it goes through ...I need script debugging to debug my javascript code (on the rare occasion that I code a bug ) ...I'm just reporting this

Originally Posted by pininfarina
hi, you might want to try disabling script debugging.. n... see if it works....

On your internet browser, select 'Tools' -> 'Internet Options' -> click on 'Advanced' tab, Settings - Browsing checked the followings
- Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)
- Disable Script Debugging (Other)
Old 05-24-2005, 07:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey shane

new forums look awesome. One thing, was meantioned beofre but I don't know if you saw it. I can't work out the avatar thing? Where do you upload a new avatar? I want to replace my current one?

Cheers

Matt
Old 05-24-2005, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Umm. Goto your user cp and hit edit avatar?
Old 05-24-2005, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

then what?

I clcik on edit avatar, it shows my current picture with on option say "do not use/show avatar"

then two buttons, save changes and reset fields?
Old 05-24-2005, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Default Display location

Hi, would it be possible to request..the control panels for " Display Options, Currently Active Users, Moderators" to be display on the top instead on the bottom.. quite of funny on the rock bottom
Old 05-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hawker
then what?

I clcik on edit avatar, it shows my current picture with on option say "do not use/show avatar"

then two buttons, save changes and reset fields?
Oh I thought you couldnt find it. I went and checked and yeah you can upload new avatars right now. Futureal will fix that soon as well.

I believe its a usergroup option and judging by the fact we have lost our user ranks. Im sure a few things might have gotten accidently cleared or set to normal.

Also Futureal. Just for reference and time saving. You can enable avatar use through the usergroup manager. Under Picture Uploading Permission.

Also it might not be set site wide to use them as well. You can find that under the main vb options in user picture options.

And while your at it. You might want to check mods / admins and whatever accessible usersgroups you have and make sure they have the same options enabled so you they dont come across the avatar problem later.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:57 AM
R/C Tech Founder

The usergroup permissions, ranks, etc. were intentionally reset when I upgraded the software. There were a few problems with the way things were laid out in the old one, and I wanted to start fresh. The avatar problem is actually a server issue with the temp dir; it has already been fixed, but I need to bounce httpd, which I can't do until the search reindex has finished.

pininfarina: I will see about adding such an option. There are a lot of things ahead of it, though.

Ad for the reputation system, adding this was considered in the past but I am against it. I want to keep the design and workings of this place as simple and clean as possible. Same goes for threaded/hybrid mode, etc. The more options there are, the more confusing it is for 95% of the people. Those of us who are technically inclined appreciate those features, but they are confusing to many others. Same goes for Similar Threads.

Quick reply gives people another reason to make quick, short, chat room-style posts, a problem we already have enough of. If people want to make a post, I see no problem in clicking an extra thing.

On the Javascript problem described above, that is something in vBulletin, not in anything I have modified here. I will pass that on to the devs to see if they have seen it before and may have a fix.

For those wondering, the Search Reindex is on message 1,200,000 out of about 1,600,000. Been going for 24 hours now, almost there!
Old 05-24-2005, 11:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Location: between the unemployment line and you sure do have a pretty mouth
Talking upgrades

I like the new changes. Haven't had any problems, but I don't post a whole lot, still a tech putz. Great job, we appreciate your time and labor of love for RC Tech. Thank you.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:05 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Forgot to mention. This new format also has Reputation system. I think that should be enabled. This will allow people to know and see whos good trades , who has good info to give and also rewards people by letting them know something they posted was worth reading.

This makes them want to continue posting and contributing quality.

All this equals another great add-on just waiting to be enabled in vb3. I know rctech would benefit highly from this.
Artificial - I post on another message board that has maybe 25 or so members, basically a place to shoot the crap, ect. The reputation system there basically became a joke. "I'll give you rep, if you give me rep" type deals. After seeing it work, I'll never hold much stock in the reputation system again, it's just an extra feature for people to abuse and butcher.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

One thing I dont like is not being able to jump to a certain page in a thread, for example, those very long thread like the JRXS that has hundreds of pages and you can only jump a few at a time..It takes way too long to find a page in the middle
Old 05-25-2005, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hello Shane,
Great upgrade like the looks and the text editor is awesome. I have only found two things that have been a issue and thought I would convey them to you.
1) The login Forgets me....If I double click from email that I have recieved..even if I have logged in on another page...RC TECH forgets me...LOL
Bacisly I have ot keep logging in on every page I open.

2) A page list on the top of the page is now missing and I wish it was still there. Really helps cut down the time to scan many pages.
This one is more just what I would like than a trouble.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
Hey anything about some gift for the first 100 subscribers...HINT HINT....LOL
When ever you get to it....I knwo you are busy.
Take Care & GOD Bless
Stephen <><
Old 05-25-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TSR6
Artificial - I post on another message board that has maybe 25 or so members, basically a place to shoot the crap, ect. The reputation system there basically became a joke. "I'll give you rep, if you give me rep" type deals. After seeing it work, I'll never hold much stock in the reputation system again, it's just an extra feature for people to abuse and butcher.
Your right that problem will occur in those types of environments. "Teh Rep" gets kinda stupid. You have to crack down on that if it becomes a trend.

But, I would like to see it how it goes on this forum with a more professional environment it might work nicely.

The rest of the stuff Futureal spoke about are valid views.

Also I thought about another thing you might want to try out is the VB Schemes. That way you dont have to make everyone happy with one style. You can go standard as it is. Then add-on other schemes for those who come to rctech a lot and would like seeing different and possibly new designs and so forth.

You can also make different logos and try things out. Then overtime youll see a popular scheme come about from your choices and it gives you direction on where to take things overall with your schemes and layouts.

Also with that you can throw in a scheme thats completely VB3 stock...and let people use that. I know that I would for sure.

A nice plain scheme , with like white background , blacks and greys for borders. With like a black RC car and RCTECH. That would really be awesome.

I know another favorite is black , with white/greyish text. Lots of users swear by it , as it for some reason is easier on their eyes. Well Ive tried em all. I cant say its better but its a nice change sometimes to go with dark schemes as well.

But congrats on everything so far, looking good.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.