Quick Question?

Old 03-13-2012, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Quick Question?

Im guessing that making a threat to another member on this forum is against the rules, Correct? Whether it be a minor one or a major one. A threat is a threat, Correct?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

read this

http://www.internetbrands.com/ib/ter...et&hasRSS=true
Old 03-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I guess a simple "yes" or "no" answer was to simple.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Well if he/she threatens to untie your shoelace, what can really be done about it? Is it a legitimate threat, or is it someone you're currently having a beef with? Without any kind of context, I think that's a great answer.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by marooko View Post
Well if he/she threatens to untie your shoelace, what can really be done about it? Is it a legitimate threat, or is it someone you're currently having a beef with? Without any kind of context, I think that's a great answer.
Im sure you do, lol.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Why not post what the threat was? That way they can properly answer you, and then you will be happy with their answer.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by honda237 View Post
Why not post what the threat was? That way they can properly answer you, and then you will be happy with their answer.
Well, my post said, whether it be a minor threat or a major threat, a threat is still a threat, is it not? Im not talking about a threat like marooka mention cause that is just common sense that no one is gonna bring that up and stupid. And I am not talking about someone saying they are gonna kill someone either. I was just asking, In general, (for the folks that are slower with comprehending the comment) a threat is still a threat, no matter how bad, how stupid it is. And threatening another member is not allowed in the forum.

But anyways, I got my answer and I just get a laugh out of it now.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedy S View Post
Well, my post said, whether it be a minor threat or a major threat, a threat is still a threat, is it not? Im not talking about a threat like marooka mention cause that is just common sense that no one is gonna bring that up and stupid. And I am not talking about someone saying they are gonna kill someone either. I was just asking, In general, (for the folks that are slower with comprehending the comment) a threat is still a threat, no matter how bad, how stupid it is. And threatening another member is not allowed in the forum.

But anyways, I got my answer and I just get a laugh out of it now.
Depending on the person, and how sensitive they are. So were you asking if you could tell on someone? You do realize, you could have posted the threat, and saved a bunch of time.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by honda237 View Post
Depending on the person, and how sensitive they are. So were you asking if you could tell on someone? You do realize, you could have posted the threat, and saved a bunch of time.
Wow.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Im sure you do, lol.
Well duh, I'm a moderator so I agree with everything and anything another moderator says.

When you look up the word "threat" (depending on where, obviously), it gives this example:

an indication of something impending <the sky held a threat of rain>

So did someone threaten to rain on your parade today?

That example is why context is important. And without it, is also why the initial answer given was sufficient. If this instance is too significant or too insignificant to post publicly, you should have just contacted a moderator via PM. But I guess that won't get someone as much attention.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well duh, I'm a moderator so I agree with everything and anything another moderator says.

When you look up the word "threat" (depending on where, obviously), it gives this example:

That example is why context is important. And without it, is also why the initial answer given was sufficient. If this instance is too significant or too insignificant to post publicly, you should have just contacted a moderator via PM. But I guess that won't get someone as much attention.
Right, & honestly, I think this is pretty self-explanatory....
Without limiting the foregoing, the following behaviors are strictly prohibited:

Strong, vulgar, obscene or otherwise harmful language,
Racially, ethnically or otherwise, objectionable language,
Harassing, intimidating, stalking or threatening other community members,
Libelous, defamatory or otherwise tortious language,
Online vandalism,
Impersonation of another person,
Posting, distributing, transmitting or promoting illegal content,
Invasion of another's privacy,
Actions that are hurtful to minors,
Posting, providing, transmitting or otherwise making available any materials or information infringing on the rights of a third party,
Posting, providing, transmitting or otherwise making available any junk mail or spam, and
Posting, uploading, emailing or otherwise transmitting any material that contains any malicious computer code, or reverse engineering or hacking any materials on the Site.

We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the Site to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.

So the short answer to the question is yes.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

I tell you what, You are just so good. You are right, I just wanted the attention. You are marooko, The Great!!! Good job. Now go have a cookie.

And Ill say it again. Whether its major or minor, a threat is still a threat, Right? Its a pretty simple question to answer. Yes? No?
Old 03-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I tell you what, You are just so good. You are right, I just wanted the attention. You are marooko, The Great!!! Good job. Now go have a cookie.

And Ill say it again. Whether its major or minor, a threat is still a threat, Right? Its a pretty simple question to answer. Yes? No?
well i was gonna says the same as eveyone else but you just dont get it.
Yes a threat is a threat but stop being a dumba$$ over someone telling you they are tickle you if you dont smile
Old 03-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nastystroker View Post
well i was gonna says the same as eveyone else but you just dont get it.
Yes a threat is a threat but stop being a dumba$$ over someone telling you they are tickle you if you dont smile
HAHA. Yeah, You have no idea why I even asked this question, lol. It actually has nothing to do with me at all. But I got my answer and I just laugh at it. And at you to. Thanks. Im gonna have a glass of milk now.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

^^
this is my whoa face

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.