Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
Suggestion and Question for Mods and Head Honcho? >

Suggestion and Question for Mods and Head Honcho?

Suggestion and Question for Mods and Head Honcho?

Old 01-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Suggestion and Question for Mods and Head Honcho?

My suggestion is that go over to hpibaja forum and see how their mods handle issues. Make sure you guys take notes.

My question, With as many scams and people screwing other people over on here, Why dont you guys do anything about it? And I know the reason is cause I have seen it before on here "There is nothing we can do". Yes there is alot you guys can do. Members have to be here a month and have 100 post before selling items. #1 suggestion. The people that are known scammers on here that have scammed people, Ban them. #2 suggestion. Insteading of having big heads and showing off the power you have on this site, Why dont you get involved in some of these scams to try to help people make it right? The mods and everyone get involved on hpibaja forum and help take care of people there. #3 suggestion. Instead of going to a trader feedback thread and tell someone to leave them alone and just let the seller and buyer deal with it, Why even have a trader feedback section?

And I am sure I will get suspended for something, but I dont understand why no one that has any power on this site, does anything to make it better. I know you guys dont get paid and you do it on your free time, but if your not gonna put any effort in to it beside telling people to leave a thread and threatening to ban someone, then pass the job to someone who does care and will try to make this a better site for everyone.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:29 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedy S View Post
My suggestion is that go over to hpibaja forum and see how their mods handle issues. Make sure you guys take notes.

My question, With as many scams and people screwing other people over on here, Why dont you guys do anything about it? And I know the reason is cause I have seen it before on here "There is nothing we can do". Yes there is alot you guys can do. Members have to be here a month and have 100 post before selling items. #1 suggestion. The people that are known scammers on here that have scammed people, Ban them. #2 suggestion. Insteading of having big heads and showing off the power you have on this site, Why dont you get involved in some of these scams to try to help people make it right? The mods and everyone get involved on hpibaja forum and help take care of people there. #3 suggestion. Instead of going to a trader feedback thread and tell someone to leave them alone and just let the seller and buyer deal with it, Why even have a trader feedback section?

And I am sure I will get suspended for something, but I dont understand why no one that has any power on this site, does anything to make it better. I know you guys dont get paid and you do it on your free time, but if your not gonna put any effort in to it beside telling people to leave a thread and threatening to ban someone, then pass the job to someone who does care and will try to make this a better site for everyone.
1, we are looking at having a min number of posts prior to getting in the sale threads...i also like the 1 month time frame. we will look at this

2, our sale forums are "buy at your own risk" due you homework. i am not a judge nor a jury, when things go bad between 2 uses, they need to figure it out. if someone is blatantly scamming, we ban them, but if the users dont tell us, how are we supposed to know.....i read SOME of the trader feed back..not all, and i dont act unless it is brought to my attention.

3, again, i am not the judge and jury here...i cannot force anyone to "make it right"

on the trader feedback section, i am looking into the possibility of making it a buyer only..also, the section was put in place prior to having the i trader system

my statement is this.

the buy and sell forums were made for a guy to unload his old gear to someone who had use for it..it was not intended to be some guys side job. i know full well there are folks who are flipping cars here.....i am not a fan of it, but i realize i cant stop it.

the buy and sell forums take by far the most time to moderate, if people would act like respectable adults, it would take much less time
Old 01-27-2012, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
1, we are looking at having a min number of posts prior to getting in the sale threads...i also like the 1 month time frame. we will look at this

2, our sale forums are "buy at your own risk" due you homework. i am not a judge nor a jury, when things go bad between 2 uses, they need to figure it out. if someone is blatantly scamming, we ban them, but if the users dont tell us, how are we supposed to know.....i read SOME of the trader feed back..not all, and i dont act unless it is brought to my attention.

3, again, i am not the judge and jury here...i cannot force anyone to "make it right"

on the trader feedback section, i am looking into the possibility of making it a buyer only..also, the section was put in place prior to having the i trader system

my statement is this.

the buy and sell forums were made for a guy to unload his old gear to someone who had use for it..it was not intended to be some guys side job. i know full well there are folks who are flipping cars here.....i am not a fan of it, but i realize i cant stop it.

the buy and sell forums take by far the most time to moderate, if people would act like respectable adults, it would take much less time
I understand everything you say. And yes, I know the for sale section is "sell at your own risk". And you say that you are looking into a 100 post requirement and 30 days before you can sell. Why hasnt it been thought and why hasnt it been a requirement yet? Ok, I havent been on this forum all that long, and I know there are alot of people on here. But every week, there is atleast 1 or 2 or sometimes even more scams or deals go bad because they get on here just to scam people because this is one of few forums that dont embrace the 100 post and 30 day time frame. I guess I am just curious why nothing has been done yet? And I know people have been getting scammed and scamming other people LONG before I got here cause you can go back and find threads from it.

And I do understand that you cannot make people do the right thing. But if they are in the wrong and come here just to scam people, Why not just ban them? Example, "Dancomer". He is a proven scammer. And everyone knows it to. But why is he still on here? There are past threads of him scamming people and not that long ago, There was thread about him sending parts that werent as they were listed. Why keep someone around like that? This and Baja Addicts are the only 2 forums that Dancomer is even on anymore cause he has gotten banned from every other one. That should be a hint.

And like I said, I know everything is "do at your own risk" But there is still things you can do about.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Legend

Suggest to buy use gear only from your local 4 sale on the board, that way you know what your getting and can always go back to the seller if something is wrong .
Old 01-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 225 (100%+)

I agree with Matt . I also agree with cherry's post( I know shocking lol)

The best way to keep from getting scam is plain and simple buy from someone you know or just buy it new from your local hobby store.

I spoke with Matt for a bit today on the phone and we shared some ideas , just give time to Matt and the admins to come up with a plan.

Like he stated we can't make someone make things right but let us know of possible scams and we will look in to it. Someone told me about someone selling Amb's the other day and I banned the guy with 2 accounts trying to sell at the same time.

We can't get Them all but we will try
Old 01-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
I agree with Matt . I also agree with cherry's post( I know shocking lol)

The best way to keep from getting scam is plain and simple buy from someone you know or just buy it new from your local hobby store.

I spoke with Matt for a bit today on the phone and we shared some ideas , just give time to Matt and the admins to come up with a plan.

Like he stated we can't make someone make things right but let us know of possible scams and we will look in to it. Someone told me about someone selling Amb's the other day and I banned the guy with 2 accounts trying to sell at the same time.

We can't get Them all but we will try
A big shocker you agree with Matt, lol.

I guess I am just kinda more curious why the 30 day, 100 post time period hasnt been brought into affect yet?

Like I said, You can find scammers going to years ago. And yet, even after years, nothing still hasnt been done.

Im not trying to complain, and if it sounds that way, I apologize. I know alot, alot, alot of people like this site for information and buying and selling. I know I am one of those people. But at the same time, I dont want to have to break the bank to buy a 100 transponder when I can buy one here for 75 bucks. I know there are risk but how many people would actually be in this hobby if they had to buy everything brand new. Yes there are still risk but putting a 30 day, 100 post limit will( I think) will drastically lower the scams that happens here.
Old 01-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Administrator

looks to me like your one of the "flippers"

worry about yourself and your sales....

i gave you an answer, in a respectable manner..then you disrespect me and one of my staff....

i said we are looking into your suggestions...yet that is not good enough....not sure how i can make you happy...
Old 01-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i gave you an answer, in a respectable manner..then you disrespect me and one of my staff....

i said we are looking into your suggestions...yet that is not good enough....not sure how i can make you happy...
Perhaps a 72 hour ban will get the point across
Old 01-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Jarrad View Post
Perhaps a 72 hour ban will get the point across

we will see the response....
Old 01-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Please, please, please don't copy anything from HPI Baja Forum, This forum is Utopia compared to over there.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Please explain to me how you see me as a flipper? I am curious. Yes, I am bought and sold stuff on here. And my last few for sale adds, I do not have the time right now to continue in the hobby. So yes, I did sell alot of equipment. But I am not buying equipment just to turn around to sell it. So please explain how.

Also, How did I disrespect you and one of your staff? If you see that I disrespected you and one of your staff, then I apologize. I am not trying to disrespect you or your staff. But please, Tell me what I said that makes it looks like I disrespect you and your staff cause I do not see it like that.

And I know you said you are looking into "my" suggestions and I did not argue that or say anything about that. All I said is I am curious why nothing has been taken into action yet over the past years?
Old 01-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

we will see the response....
And if you feel the need to ban me or suspend, so be it. I am just merely stating ideas and opinions and asking questions and making suggestions. I have not (in my eyes) disrespected anyone, said anything offensive, or anything to be banned or suspended.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

And if you feel the need to ban me or suspend, so be it. I am just merely stating ideas and opinions and asking questions and making suggestions. I have not (in my eyes) disrespected anyone, said anything offensive, or anything to be banned or suspended.
speedy you might be banned for other reasons , we shall see. like Matt stated as he is the lead admin incharge! let him and the staff come up with a solution.

Like my mom always said when i was growing , "there is no better word than the word not said"
Old 01-27-2012, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

A big shocker you agree with Matt, lol.

I guess I am just kinda more curious why the 30 day, 100 post time period hasnt been brought into affect yet?

Like I said, You can find scammers going to years ago. And yet, even after years, nothing still hasnt been done.

Im not trying to complain, and if it sounds that way, I apologize. I know alot, alot, alot of people like this site for information and buying and selling. I know I am one of those people. But at the same time, I dont want to have to break the bank to buy a 100 transponder when I can buy one here for 75 bucks. I know there are risk but how many people would actually be in this hobby if they had to buy everything brand new. Yes there are still risk but putting a 30 day, 100 post limit will( I think) will drastically lower the scams that happens here.
no big shocker me and Matt see eye to eye on alot of things, we agree on everything 99.9999999% of the time
Old 01-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I've come in this thread three times and wrote out a huge post. Each time I was interrupted, had to go do something else and ended up losing it.

I'll make it short this time and answer any questions anyone might have, and/or elaborate if someone would like me to.

I think speedy should be made the sole mediator for all deals gone bad. This is completely genuine, I mean it.

That way, he can get a tiny idea of what it is to get all this feedback and try to make something happen, yesterday. He'll also get a feel for trying to get it all done on his spare time. The whining, the moaning, the pointing of fingers, the lack of actual facts in a matter; take all of that and make everyone happy. All this and it will only be one portion of the site. You know, instead of having to deal with the entire site.

Speedy, don't take this as a stab or anything of the sort. This is also nothing for you to contest, I'm trying to pitch an extension of responsibility unto you, that's a good thing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.