Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Broken images

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default Broken images

Hey all. I may be new to this forum but have been around the 'net a bit. In fact I'm a web developer by trade, and additionally I've been to over 700 RC-related sites in the last two months.

The last few weeks - every time I visit THIS forum, images immediately stop loading. They continue from that point to not load on every site I visit thereafter.

I have to close the browser and re-open the other sites. Then the images are fine.

Until I come back here. Then - broken icons again.

Just thought you'd like to know, something is definately up here.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:38 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I don't see how that could in any way be related to the site; there is no image-related scripting or anything else going on here, just a standard vBulletin installation.

My best ideas would be:

1) Make sure you are using the Default Style and not the 2.0 one, which was never completed
2) Clear the entire browser cache and try again
3) Try with a different browser (although the site generally looks bad in Mozilla, it needs to be re-coded)

If anybody else is experiencing anything like this, please let me know.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah it was news to me too. lol. It's happened three times this week and I didn't pick up where it was starting on until it started to annoy. Comes and goes, sometimes just closing and re-opening and it's fine.