Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
***LOOK FOR A THREAD ON YOUR VEHICLE BEFORE POSTING NEW THREADS!!!*** >

***LOOK FOR A THREAD ON YOUR VEHICLE BEFORE POSTING NEW THREADS!!!***

***LOOK FOR A THREAD ON YOUR VEHICLE BEFORE POSTING NEW THREADS!!!***

Old 07-31-2011, 04:00 AM
Tech Addict

Default ***LOOK FOR A THREAD ON YOUR VEHICLE BEFORE POSTING NEW THREADS!!!***

Uh, is this some form of terrible experiment?, Its pretty much destroyed the flow of the electric off-road forum.

Please don't spread it into the other sections, and consider not dictating all posts to moderator approved threads only.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:53 AM
Tech Champion

I’m confused by the new rules too. Seems to becoming more like a manufacturers forum, discussion appears to be much more limited than what has been the norm.

The structure seems to limit interaction between brands. Previously some threads were more general, one could learn stuff from other brand experiences. Seems so segregated now.

In speculation threads there are instructions to not discuss other recent vehicles of that manufacturer, to stay on topic. But there is no actual vehicle to discuss, seems natural to discuss features of other products, the direction of the brand, etc. Maybe even features of other brands that are desired, or not.

I would of thought the advertisers would want all of the chat and activity they can get, assuming a reasonable level of civility of course. Sure doesn’t seem to be as much of a concern in some other sections as you’ve noted, civil or not.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Legend

Default Policy is working great

Beats having to thumb though 50 threads asking how to gear my motor in my RTR Sc 10 truck ..
Old 07-31-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Everyone knows change is bad.......
Old 07-31-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
Beats having to thumb though 50 threads asking how to gear my motor in my RTR Sc 10 truck ..
This.

Simple.

If people had the wherewithal to search properly and not just start "Traxxas Slash" threads 15 times day, this rule wouldn't have to be implemented. Even with the rule, it STILL happens.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Yet they still need to do a search unless the relevant thread is on the front page.

And if not, then just make a thread.

Oh wait, that's what happens.

To be honest, I'm not looking to be convinced that such heavy handed moderation is a good thing, Imo its not, Just voicing my hope that its not implemented over the entire board.

For all I know the average punter loves it, visitor numbers are up, and I'm a dinosaur who hates change.

On that note, does anyone know if visitor numbers have been affected by the change?, I'd imagine whoever implemented it is privy to that information?

Last edited by Metla; 07-31-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Yeah, you've got to be right. There's absolutely a need for 342 Slash 4x4 threads. I bet every single one is a different issue altogether.

To get more specific, there are 5 on Slash 4x4 gearing.

There are 29 threads on gearing for the SC10.

I could keep on with this all day, but I don't want to. I'll just contest the idea that these people searched before starting repeat threads.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marooko View Post
Yeah, you've got to be right. There's absolutely a need for 342 Slash 4x4 threads. I bet every single one is a different issue altogether.

To get more specific, there are 5 on Slash 4x4 gearing.

There are 29 threads on gearing for the SC10.

I could keep on with this all day, but I don't want to. I'll just contest the idea that these people searched before starting repeat threads.
Precisely, if you guys don't want to see it happen to the other sections, then try being a bit more proactive in encouraging people to SEARCH for a thread on their subject BEFORE they post a question. marooko is NOT exaggerating, it's ridiculous to see literally DOZENS of threads essentially asking the exact same question for the exact same car, simply because they don't feel like paging through the official thread. It's up to all of you to prevent that, otherwise, we may have no choice but to do the same in other sections...
Old 07-31-2011, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by marooko View Post
Yeah, you've got to be right. There's absolutely a need for 342 Slash 4x4 threads
Yeah, We both know I never said that, so it matters not at all what you could "go on about all day".

I am aware of the reasoning behind the outcome.

Last edited by Metla; 08-01-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grizzbob View Post
Precisely, if you guys don't want to see it happen to the other sections, then try being a bit more proactive in encouraging people to SEARCH for a thread on their subject BEFORE they post a question. marooko is NOT exaggerating, it's ridiculous to see literally DOZENS of threads essentially asking the exact same question for the exact same car, simply because they don't feel like paging through the official thread. It's up to all of you to prevent that, otherwise, we may have no choice but to do the same in other sections...

Well no, Its not up to us at all, we aren't in a position to jump down peoples throats before they make a thread, the idea is preposterous.

Its your job to set the rules and enforce them, its up to us to follow them.

Buy hey, like I said, if what has unfortunately been done to the electric forum by the admins is the game-plan, so be it.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

This forum has worked fine for years and now suddenly it is broken? People have been asking repeated questions for years and the only ones who got mad at the noobs were some cranky beavers who need to get a life. Who cares if people make repeated posts with almost the same question. If it bothers you, don't read it. For whatever reason, they couldn't find the answer. Looking through and searching the vehicle specific thread is complete lunacy and very difficult to find what you are looking for and I am a forum veteran. Here is a test, select any recent page on any official thread and you will see 75% of the posts as being nonsense. The pages move so fast that when a question is asked on the vehicle specific thread, it won't even get looked at. By the time you check to see if your question was answered, it is 3-4 pages later of people talking about what their favorite food was and maybe a helpful person didn't even bother with the official thread anymore just because of how useless it now is.

The RCTECH offroad forum used to be really great and fun, it just doesn't seem that way anymore and most importantly not as fun. The official threads are just full of nonsense.