R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   R/C Tech Site Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-tech-site-forum-14/)
-   -   InSaNiTy (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-tech-site-forum/526694-insanity.html)

Joe_Dirt 06-24-2011 03:24 PM

InSaNiTy

I'm thinking maybe someone MUST have mentioned this subject, subjects before but lately this forum seems to be a train wreck at high speed derailment.

Subject one: For Sale Section....
I agree on the 24 bump rule...makes sense... actually it should be more like a 7 day minimum bump instead.

Anyhow... I watch people consistently bump their threads 2...7... 12 hours etc... or the best is "I know it's only been 22 hours... but To The TOP!"... seriously? you can't seriously wait that extra 2 hours?
Or consistently making lame extra posts to keep it on top every 1/2 hour or hour... "PM's Replied to".... "Make some offers".... "Willing to possibly trade" ...etc...

Or worse yet!, bumps long before 24 hour limit from people who do not even own the item! Not sure if it's just buddies bumping buddies, or people using multiple accounts from same computer....... "To the Top for a great seller!"...... "bump to top for a great deal"...etc... ARRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Not sure the work it would entail to lock the for sale thread to no more posts after original post... or possibly even any additional posts to that thread appear, but they do NOT take it back to the top of the page/list.
I love the for sale section, but the nonsense that comes with it is beyond baffling.

Subject Two: Feedback Section....
Ugggg...... Moderators nightmare!
Feedback can be a useful gauge to use with such a situation as internet forum purchases and a "Buyer Beware" format of sales, trades & purchases.
I agree it should be here and available but it has become a mess. I myself even find it hard sometimes when reading a situation to hold back and not post my $.02.

Stepping back and looking at the feedback section as a tool, rather then entertaining reading it's majorly gone awry. There isn't hardly a single feedback post that is not polluted with useless comments and simple opinions. Seriously.... beyond a buyer saying "good Seller"..."great Deal"... "Bad Seller" .... etc...or even a brief explanation of WHY ....... or a seller doing the same ......basically, anything beyond that is useless.

Feedback for "XXXXXX": Great deal A+ seller item was as described fast shipping.

Feedback for "XXXXXX": Bad Deal, heads up.... it's been an entire month no communication, no item etc...

Understandable

BUT.....
Pete, Jim, Bob, Joe, Jack, Bill and 100 others add in their opinion, their past experiences etc... it's useless. A past deal with "XXXXXX" has NO bearing on a current deal ...good OR bad. "XXXXXX" may have banged his head since your great deal and now is dumb as a box of rocks and doesn't care about anyone. Fallen in love with a whiskey bottle etc... Or even maybe "XXXXX" sold his beloved crack pipe , got a job and won the lottery too and is now the best buyer/seller/trader on here..... simply... people change and and circumstances from each dealing is people & item specific. Feedback is only a rough guide and shouldn't be tainted each time with past, pals and others opinions.

I DO notice the recent surge of warnings and infractions issued by mods. Great... but does it "fix" anything? Some people I see get STERNLY admonished and minutes later go right to a different thread and violate forum rules minutes , even seconds later. It's like my teenage son getting even with his teachers when he's caught in the wrong. Baffling.

I am pretty positive I will be flamed beyond recognition for this post, but just found myself needing to make it. I too have been guilty of commenting "out of place" in a thread here and there, it's hard to NOT get caught up in it all sometimes. I guess stepping back and seeing the destruction of 99% of the threads lately made me aware. I have seen everything from threats of police, threats of violence, members even conveniently posting pictures of their firearms when things do not go their way and threads and opinions get heated, PROMISES of violence..... worst yet.... even members talking of "suicide" because of hurt feelings.......<scratching head>.... beyond bizarre.

I know the economy is in the crapper and people in general are more bitter then ever and needing money more then ever, also the internet being an easy tool to become a "keyboard commando" or to slip on the "I'm invisible & untouchable" suit and talk stupid, rip people off or simply be who you wouldn't be face to face in real life. Either way.... it's weighing heavy on this forum lately. Possibly some web page format changes/updates could alleviate some of the issues at hand??? Not sure what work it would entail, but I have been on other forums that only allow the single for sale post and no further comments and things seem to flow great. Feedback sections locked after original statement etc... I know if you take the matches away from the little boy he can still find a way to set fire to the neighbors dog.... but at least it makes it that little bit harder and hopefully the dog lives happy for a few more days and the little boy soon tires of trying to set the dog ablaze and moves on the simpler and happier things.

I'll step off my soap box now, this chapter in my novel is over.
I will now don my fireproof suit and sit back........ flame away!!!!!!

GoatsnBros 06-24-2011 03:41 PM

1st flame: Post shoulda gone here http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-tech-site-forum-14/ :flaming:

:D

Joe_Dirt 06-24-2011 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by GoatsnBros (Post 9302022)
1st flame: Post shoulda gone here http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-tech-site-forum-14/ :flaming:

:D

OK... I guess so. Mods are welcome to move or even delete as they see fit.
I apologize...just thought it was soapbox rambling by me and "Chit Chat" was an OK location.
I regress

faze 06-26-2011 12:36 PM

I have a diffrent opinion on the FS section, I like the fact there are bumps, etc because there are so many people on this forum and FS threads get pumped to page 2-3-4 in a matter or minutes sometimes, I know if im browsing Im not going through 4 pages of fs threads, so sometimes a topic gets bumped that I havent seen.

As for the feedback section, that section is a cluterf**k of rants and raves, definetly agree, I dont see why we even need that forum with the feedback system we have.... Just seems like one more thing to moniter and one more thing for immature people to flame each other for.

As for keyboard commandos, they do make for some interesting discussions lol, especially the ones that "live in the area" when someone has a bad trade and doesnt get their stuff.

Insanity 06-26-2011 12:44 PM

someone call me? Oh....nevermind :lol:

inferno13 06-26-2011 01:07 PM

here for 6 months and 134 posts and already complaining....HMMMM....:weird:

faze 06-26-2011 01:17 PM

^I was gonna say the same thing but didnt want to be "that guy" :lol:

inferno13 06-26-2011 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by faze (Post 9308844)
^I was gonna say the same thing but didnt want to be "that guy" :lol:

:D:lol:

Joe_Dirt 06-26-2011 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by inferno13 (Post 9308819)
here for 6 months and 134 posts and already complaining....HMMMM....:weird:

Complaining?..... I thought of it more of a soapbox rant.... Oh wait... Is there a difference?

I think the stuff falls so fast to he third and forth page sometimes because of the senseless constant bumps. Take all those out and 5 pages of "current" quickly would become 1 maybe two of actual things for sale.

inferno13 06-26-2011 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Joe_Dirt (Post 9309402)
Complaining?..... I thought of it more of a soapbox rant.... Oh wait... Is there a difference?

I think the stuff falls so fast to he third and forth page sometimes because of the senseless constant bumps. Take all those out and 5 pages of "current" quickly would become 1 maybe two of actual things for sale.

it is what it is, if its not broke, no need to fix it;)

x60Driver 06-26-2011 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Joe_Dirt (Post 9301972)
I'm thinking maybe someone MUST have mentioned this subject, subjects before but lately this forum seems to be a train wreck at high speed derailment.

I agree on the 24 bump rule...makes sense... actually it should be more like a 7 day minimum bump instead.

Anyhow... I watch people consistently bump their threads 2...7... 12 hours etc... or the best is "I know it's only been 22 hours... but To The TOP!"... seriously? you can't seriously wait that extra 2 hours?
Or consistently making lame extra posts to keep it on top every 1/2 hour or hour... "PM's Replied to".... "Make some offers".... "Willing to possibly trade" ...etc...

Or worse yet!, bumps long before 24 hour limit from people who do not even own the item! Not sure if it's just buddies bumping buddies, or people using multiple accounts from same computer....... "To the Top for a great seller!"...... "bump to top for a great deal"...etc... ARRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Not sure the work it would entail to lock the for sale thread to no more posts after original post... or possibly even any additional posts to that thread appear, but they do NOT take it back to the top of the page/list.
I love the for sale section, but the nonsense that comes with it is beyond baffling.

Feedback can be a useful gauge to use with such a situation as internet forum purchases and a "Buyer Beware" format of sales, trades & purchases.
I agree it should be here and available but it has become a mess. I myself even find it hard sometimes when reading a situation to hold back and not post my $.02.

Stepping back and looking at the feedback section as a tool, rather then entertaining reading it's majorly gone awry. There isn't hardly a single feedback post that is not polluted with useless comments and simple opinions. Seriously.... beyond a buyer saying "good Seller"..."great Deal"... "Bad Seller" .... etc...or even a brief explanation of WHY ....... or a seller doing the same ......basically, anything beyond that is useless.

Feedback for "XXXXXX": Great deal A+ seller item was as described fast shipping.

Feedback for "XXXXXX": Bad Deal, heads up.... it's been an entire month no communication, no item etc...

Understandable

BUT.....
Pete, Jim, Bob, Joe, Jack, Bill and 100 others add in their opinion, their past experiences etc... it's useless. A past deal with "XXXXXX" has NO bearing on a current deal ...good OR bad. "XXXXXX" may have banged his head since your great deal and now is dumb as a box of rocks and doesn't care about anyone. Fallen in love with a whiskey bottle etc... Or even maybe "XXXXX" sold his beloved crack pipe , got a job and won the lottery too and is now the best buyer/seller/trader on here..... simply... people change and and circumstances from each dealing is people & item specific. Feedback is only a rough guide and shouldn't be tainted each time with past, pals and others opinions.

I DO notice the recent surge of warnings and infractions issued by mods. Great... but does it "fix" anything? Some people I see get STERNLY admonished and minutes later go right to a different thread and violate forum rules minutes , even seconds later. It's like my teenage son getting even with his teachers when he's caught in the wrong. Baffling.

I am pretty positive I will be flamed beyond recognition for this post, but just found myself needing to make it. I too have been guilty of commenting "out of place" in a thread here and there, it's hard to NOT get caught up in it all sometimes. I guess stepping back and seeing the destruction of 99% of the threads lately made me aware. I have seen everything from threats of police, threats of violence, members even conveniently posting pictures of their firearms when things do not go their way and threads and opinions get heated, PROMISES of violence..... worst yet.... even members talking of "suicide" because of hurt feelings.......<scratching head>.... beyond bizarre.

I know the economy is in the crapper and people in general are more bitter then ever and needing money more then ever, also the internet being an easy tool to become a "keyboard commando" or to slip on the "I'm invisible & untouchable" suit and talk stupid, rip people off or simply be who you wouldn't be face to face in real life. Either way.... it's weighing heavy on this forum lately. Possibly some web page format changes/updates could alleviate some of the issues at hand??? Not sure what work it would entail, but I have been on other forums that only allow the single for sale post and no further comments and things seem to flow great. Feedback sections locked after original statement etc... I know if you take the matches away from the little boy he can still find a way to set fire to the neighbors dog.... but at least it makes it that little bit harder and hopefully the dog lives happy for a few more days and the little boy soon tires of trying to set the dog ablaze and moves on the simpler and happier things.

Some one is on the rag, or you got sand in your vag, get over your self man its a toy car forum.

Joe_Dirt 06-26-2011 10:22 PM

Wow... Nice one Puddin' your whit is most imperceptible.

Basically your opinion is because you feel the forum is about "toy cars" it warrants a childish attitude when it comes to people following the rules in place? Yep... Makes perfect sense.

Originally Posted by x60Driver (Post 9310789)
Some one is on the rag, or you got sand in your vag, get over your self man its a toy car forum.

Smizzaz 06-28-2011 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Joe_Dirt (Post 9301972)

Understandable

BUT.....

Says the guy with too much time on his hands......dude....buy a bike and ride it. I'd hate too see you stressing out over a real issue.

x60Driver 06-30-2011 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Joe_Dirt (Post 9310834)
Wow... Nice one Puddin' your whit is most imperceptible.

Basically your opinion is because you feel the forum is about "toy cars" it warrants a childish attitude when it comes to people following the rules in place? Yep... Makes perfect sense.

Nice how long did it take for you to come up with this? Last time I looked all you had was a few words.

Oh did you stress out about it Joe dirt? It's ok someone might be able to help with your stress and your sand in your ()

racer1812 07-01-2011 12:10 AM

Joe I'm pretty sure this "train" is just fine since it's 10 years old and you have everything figured out after being here for 6 months..........:rolleyes: