Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
sticked threads in the E offroad section??? >

sticked threads in the E offroad section???

sticked threads in the E offroad section???

Old 05-21-2011, 08:40 AM
  #1  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (96)
 
whitrzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 5,808
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default sticked threads in the E offroad section???

whats up with 3 of the 100s of cars having their own stickies at the top of the thread?
whitrzac is offline  
Old 05-21-2011, 01:16 PM
  #2  
Moderator
iTrader: (92)
 
Muggydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,868
Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Default

Cause they are new, hot topics and people took the time to write them. I don't think they will stay there permanently though.
Muggydude is offline  
Old 05-21-2011, 02:42 PM
  #3  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (96)
 
whitrzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 5,808
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
Cause they are new, hot topics and people took the time to write them. I don't think they will stay there permanently though.
ok, so why are they not edited into the first post of their respective threads?
whitrzac is offline  
Old 05-21-2011, 04:23 PM
  #4  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,241
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

why does it piss you off so much?
racer1812 is offline  
Old 05-21-2011, 04:31 PM
  #5  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
Leodis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,058
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
whats up with 3 of the 100s of cars having their own stickies at the top of the thread?
Yeah, I think it's lame. I voiced my opinion in the stickied TLR22 thread. My post was deleted with no notice whatsoever. It looks like rctech is playing favorites with certain kits.
Leodis is offline  
Old 05-21-2011, 04:35 PM
  #6  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
Leodis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,058
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
Cause they are new, hot topics and people took the time to write them. I don't think they will stay there permanently though.
If they're "hot topics", rctech members will sticky them by keeping them on the front page with new posts. We really don't need people deciding for us what is and isn't a hot topic.
Leodis is offline  
Old 05-21-2011, 04:35 PM
  #7  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (96)
 
whitrzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 5,808
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
why does it piss you off so much?
piss me off, no... bother, yes...

especially with all of the new nazi mods closing all threads besides 1 for each car/truck/buggy

Originally Posted by Leodis View Post
Yeah, I think it's lame. I voiced my opinion in the stickied TLR22 thread. My post was deleted with no notice whatsoever. It looks like rctech is playing favorites with certain kits.
whitrzac is offline  
Old 05-21-2011, 04:43 PM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
Leodis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,058
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

There's been 9 posts in the "TLR22 Guide!" thread since April 24th. There's been that many posts in the "Team Associated - RC8Be" thread in the last 26 hours.

Last edited by Leodis; 05-21-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Leodis is offline  
Old 05-21-2011, 06:12 PM
  #9  
Tech Master
iTrader: (97)
 
DavidR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Mo
Posts: 1,669
Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default

Just to clarify a few things...

The moderation staff is trying out a bunch of new ideas all over the forum at the current time.

As for the "New Nazi Mods"... I'm the only new guy on the staff that I'm aware of... AND... It just so happens that as of late ALL of the mods have been more active in trying new things out here on the forum.

As far as I know nobody other than myself has been added to the staff recently.

We're trying to find a happy ground with the multiple threads in the same section problem... Nothing is a permanent fix at this point. Just trying new ideas.

We need feedback like this to let us know if we're going in the right direction, although the foul attitudes aren't needed.

We aren't playing any favorites for any particular brand or kit... Those kits are just the ones that people have taken the time to write "guides" on.

As for editing them to the first post of the thread... The moderation staff doesn't have that ability really. Short of deleting the old thread and having somebody up to the task of constantly updating the first post create a new one... This has been the best solution we could come up with so far.

As for problems with the moderation staff... You guys need to put yourselves in our shoes. This moderation gig is not a paid deal, it's purely voluntary. We have over 100 new members signing up per day, and thousands upon thousands of posts per day.

On a GOOD day we'll get 50-60 reported posts in the FS / FT section ALONE... Each of those posts one of the moderators has to go read the entire thread and figure out whats going on.

On a BAD day... I've seen close to 200 reported posts in the FS / FT sections.

Thats ONE section of the forum... Much less the rest.

We do the best we can with the time we are able to devote to the forum... The majority of the time it's just more effective for us to delete the post and go on about our day than to try to argue with some of the members here about the rules and where they should have posted their question.

Just know that none of the moderation staff is "picking on" or "singling out" anybody. We are just doing the best we can with what tools and time we're given.

-David
DavidR is offline  
Old 05-21-2011, 06:20 PM
  #10  
Tech Master
iTrader: (97)
 
DavidR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Mo
Posts: 1,669
Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Leodis View Post
There's been 9 posts in the "TLR22 Guide!" thread since April 24th. There's been that many posts in the "Team Associated - RC8Be" thread in the last 26 hours.
Regarding THIS statement... Thats not true.

You guys can't see when the moderation staff deletes posts.

What we do is when somebody posts a new peice of information in those stuck threads we either incorporate it into the "guide" or delete it because it was a question that belonged in the actual kit thread.

Here's a screenshot of how it ACTUALLY looks to the moderation staff...

This first one is at the normal 100% zoom...



This next one is at 50%... So you can get an idea of just how many posts have been moved or deleted.



Those are taken from the very same TLR 22 Guide thread that "Only has 9 posts"...
DavidR is offline  
Old 05-21-2011, 07:37 PM
  #11  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (96)
 
whitrzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 5,808
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
Just to clarify a few things...

The moderation staff is trying out a bunch of new ideas all over the forum at the current time.

As for the "New Nazi Mods"... I'm the only new guy on the staff that I'm aware of... AND... It just so happens that as of late ALL of the mods have been more active in trying new things out here on the forum.

As far as I know nobody other than myself has been added to the staff recently.

We're trying to find a happy ground with the multiple threads in the same section problem... Nothing is a permanent fix at this point. Just trying new ideas.

We need feedback like this to let us know if we're going in the right direction, although the foul attitudes aren't needed.

We aren't playing any favorites for any particular brand or kit... Those kits are just the ones that people have taken the time to write "guides" on.

As for editing them to the first post of the thread... The moderation staff doesn't have that ability really. Short of deleting the old thread and having somebody up to the task of constantly updating the first post create a new one... This has been the best solution we could come up with so far.

As for problems with the moderation staff... You guys need to put yourselves in our shoes. This moderation gig is not a paid deal, it's purely voluntary. We have over 100 new members signing up per day, and thousands upon thousands of posts per day.

On a GOOD day we'll get 50-60 reported posts in the FS / FT section ALONE... Each of those posts one of the moderators has to go read the entire thread and figure out whats going on.

On a BAD day... I've seen close to 200 reported posts in the FS / FT sections.

Thats ONE section of the forum... Much less the rest.

We do the best we can with the time we are able to devote to the forum... The majority of the time it's just more effective for us to delete the post and go on about our day than to try to argue with some of the members here about the rules and where they should have posted their question.

Just know that none of the moderation staff is "picking on" or "singling out" anybody. We are just doing the best we can with what tools and time we're given.

-David
I'm not POed at anyone... nor do I want to PO anyone...(today)

I like the idea, but having a sticky at the top of the page for specific vehicles will get crowded and something will always get left out. IMO, it would be a better option to have a few general guides(like the diff one) at the top, and have the other guides merged with their respective threads.


about not having enough mods... I have NEVER seen an announcement asking for people to sign up. As far as I know, the only way to become a mod is to be buddy/buddy with Marcos or matt...
whitrzac is offline  
Old 05-21-2011, 11:22 PM
  #12  
Moderator
iTrader: (92)
 
Muggydude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,868
Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Default

9 Posts.... That's funny. There would be over 5 pages of stuff if all the posts were left up. I honestly can't imagine it really troubling people by having to scroll past 5 threads and taking a whole .5 more seconds of their time.

This is a free, public forum. If people take the time to write up useful info that will help a lot of people, I see no reason to post it up. The TLR 22 guide has had over 7,000 views in under two weeks, and the SC10 4x4 guide has had over 2,000 in 5 days. If even half of those people were helped by it, I think it is completely justified to post them as stickies.

As I mentioned before, I think hot vehicle "guides" will probably stay up for a few months after the vehicle's release, and once the major hype has dies down it may be unsticked, but we are still working over different possibilities.
Muggydude is offline  
Old 05-22-2011, 05:58 PM
  #13  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (2)
 
Grizzbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sand Springs, OK
Posts: 3,068
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
I'm not POed at anyone... nor do I want to PO anyone...(today)

I like the idea, but having a sticky at the top of the page for specific vehicles will get crowded and something will always get left out. IMO, it would be a better option to have a few general guides(like the diff one) at the top, and have the other guides merged with their respective threads.


about not having enough mods... I have NEVER seen an announcement asking for people to sign up. As far as I know, the only way to become a mod is to be buddy/buddy with Marcos or matt...
Wrong again, I never met Marcos or Matt when I was asked if I'd like to become a mod(in fact it was Troy{aka TSR6} who asked me, because he knew I cared about a particular section that needed a mod, & as the need arose for more Super mods they asked me because again they knew I cared & wanted to help). Oh, & if you really don't want to PO anyone, then I think you should back away, NOW(there are plenty of us that do NOT take kindly to ANY Nazi references, if you really WANT to be banned, just keep it up & you'll get there FAST).
Grizzbob is offline  
Old 05-22-2011, 06:12 PM
  #14  
Tech Champion
Thread Starter
iTrader: (96)
 
whitrzac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 5,808
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grizzbob View Post
Wrong again, I never met Marcos or Matt when I was asked if I'd like to become a mod(in fact it was Troy{aka TSR6} who asked me, because he knew I cared about a particular section that needed a mod, & as the need arose for more Super mods they asked me because again they knew I cared & wanted to help). Oh, & if you really don't want to PO anyone, then I think you should back away, NOW(there are plenty of us that do NOT take kindly to ANY Nazi references, if you really WANT to be banned, just keep it up & you'll get there FAST).
ok, so I was wrong about how mods are picked...


There still needs to be more...
whitrzac is offline  
Old 05-22-2011, 09:08 PM
  #15  
Administrator
iTrader: (26)
 
Matt M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,515
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

david, muggy and bob..

thank you, you guys have shown in this thread that the correct choice was made in making you mods...

good work....thank you...


zac, being as you know me personally, i fail to understand why you post questions like this, when you could simply send me a pm, and get the correct answer directly from me...thank you for your concern...
Matt M. is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.