for sale new rule

Old 03-17-2011, 07:49 PM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
claycity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Okinawa Jp Clay City Ky
Posts: 422
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default for sale new rule

I just got a car from the sale section and it was not as described but I donít have a case because the seller deleted the first post of the thread, and all the pics. Now if I leave a trader rating people will be cautious but itís just my word against his. Can we make a rule if you delete or edit any of your post there will be some sort of punishment? And Iím sure Iím not the only one this has happened to.
here is the post
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...xcr-buggy.html
claycity is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 11:01 PM
  #2  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (205)
 
Trevor Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,359
Trader Rating: 205 (100%+)
Default

damage on car consists of this:
tranny case cracked : NEW ONE INCLUDED - PROBLEM SOLVED
rear pivot cracked - SENDING PAYPAL FOR A NEW ONE - PROBLEM SOLVED




yeah.....Im a total scammer on here, just look at my rep....tons of unhappy people....it's funny you say your 5y.o. son found the damage on the car....what......he found it after he samashed it on the ground?

lol @ "some sort of punsihment"

you will have paypal coming shortly for a new pivot plate.....

Last edited by Trevor Williams; 03-17-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Trevor Williams is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 11:42 PM
  #3  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
claycity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Okinawa Jp Clay City Ky
Posts: 422
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Look here Trevor we have resolved our problem so watch how you come at people call yourself an up standing guy then you come in here and put my kid in the problem is not cool. It would be like eBay after one bid you can't edit or change it. It's would be to protect people from the real scammers. And after dealing with you I see your not one of them so back off. So what would have happend to me if you you were one of these scammers I'm talking about. you got to admit when someone goes back and finds this it makes the buyer to wonder.
It would prevent people from posting one thing and sending something else and then theirs no proof of it if the seller deleted stuff.
claycity is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 11:56 PM
  #4  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (205)
 
Trevor Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,359
Trader Rating: 205 (100%+)
Default

sir........you stated your son found the damage on the car.....that is all I am implying......anyways....Im glad the problem is resolved.....good day....I left you + user rating.....cheers!


TW
Trevor Williams is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 12:08 AM
  #5  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (205)
 
Trevor Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,359
Trader Rating: 205 (100%+)
Default

...
Trevor Williams is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 11:38 AM
  #6  
Tech Master
iTrader: (47)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

How would a seller be able to weed out the sold items
that he posted in an add? I don't see how the rule that
you are proposing could possibly work.
rageworks is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 12:16 PM
  #7  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (211)
 
Neu_Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 4,012
Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)
Default

I've sold LOTS of stuff here and other places. More than once it's had a defect I either wasn't aware of or forgot to mention and it's things like this seller did here that prove who the good guys are and who sucks.

Thumbs up to Trevor!! Way to handle it and even leaving + feedback before it was 100% resolved. I'll never hesitate to deal with you after seeing this.



Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post
damage on car consists of this:
tranny case cracked : NEW ONE INCLUDED - PROBLEM SOLVED
rear pivot cracked - SENDING PAYPAL FOR A NEW ONE - PROBLEM SOLVED




yeah.....Im a total scammer on here, just look at my rep....tons of unhappy people....it's funny you say your 5y.o. son found the damage on the car....what......he found it after he samashed it on the ground?

lol @ "some sort of punsihment"

you will have paypal coming shortly for a new pivot plate.....
Neu_Racer is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 04:49 PM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

The reason people edit the first post in a for sale ad is for people who click on it, will see that it is already sold.

If you notice at the bottom of the first post, it shows "edited at XXXXX by XXXXX"

that is there for this reason. So people CAN see what WAS there.
Dlewis4 is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 05:03 PM
  #9  
Suspended
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,108
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

All of the Moderators can see what was initially typed, and what was added or removed, so talk to them if someone is shady.

HOWEVER, this guy seems to have done what is right, so you seemingly need to look into the definition of "Used product".
Phatkat is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 05:26 PM
  #10  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (148)
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Phatkat View Post
All of the Moderators can see what was initially typed, and what was added or removed, so talk to them if someone is shady.

HOWEVER, this guy seems to have done what is right, so you seemingly need to look into the definition of "Used product".
Dlewis4 is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 06:20 PM
  #11  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (292)
 
johnny boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: washington
Posts: 4,726
Trader Rating: 292 (100%+)
Default

I personally started deleting pictures so they cant get used on here or on another forum by a scammer
johnny boy is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 06:52 PM
  #12  
Suspended
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,108
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by johnny boy View Post
I personally started deleting pictures so they cant get used on here or on another forum by a scammer

In my sale threads, I list the item, a description, and pics of pertinent spots and known issues. As I sell them, I delete the pic, type "SOLD" in red by the name of the item, and delete the description.

It would be impractical to leave all that unnecessary info and jpg-goodness in the way, just pissing off myself and potential victi-I mean, buyers.
Phatkat is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 07:55 PM
  #13  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (205)
 
Trevor Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,359
Trader Rating: 205 (100%+)
Default

thank you for understanding guys...as soon as the item sells I delete the first post....pictures and all....I do it to ALL my therads....as do many other great sellers.....thanks again

TW
Trevor Williams is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 08:47 PM
  #14  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
claycity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Okinawa Jp Clay City Ky
Posts: 422
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post
damage on car consists of this:
tranny case cracked : NEW ONE INCLUDED - PROBLEM SOLVED
rear pivot cracked - SENDING PAYPAL FOR A NEW ONE - PROBLEM SOLVED




yeah.....Im a total scammer on here, just look at my rep....tons of unhappy people....it's funny you say your 5y.o. son found the damage on the car....what......he found it after he samashed it on the ground?

lol @ "some sort of punsihment"

you will have paypal coming shortly for a new pivot plate.....
you know it’s funny how your friends or people that know you keep PMing me about how nice and stand up guy you are but here you are call me and my kid out after the fact that we did prove it was cracked before you sent it, in the pics you posted. A real stand way to show it. And you keep saying tranny crack new included like you new it But didn't post it.

Originally Posted by claycity View Post
Look here Trevor we have resolved our problem so watch how you come at people call yourself an up standing guy then you come in here and put my kid in the problem is not cool. It would be like eBay after one bid you can't edit or change it. It's would be to protect people from the real scammers. And after dealing with you I see your not one of them so back off. So what would have happend to me if you you were one of these scammers I'm talking about. you got to admit when someone goes back and finds this it makes the buyer to wonder.
It would prevent people from posting one thing and sending something else and then theirs no proof of it if the seller deleted stuff.
Look above I said the problem was solved Trevor made it right and I’m happy with the outcome. The biggest problem was that others came in the post put their commits in before Trevor did so as I replied, it made it sound and look like I was bashing him and in none of my post did ever call him a scammer. The intent was to let him know what he list and described is not what I got. To help him with listing thing in the future.
Originally Posted by rageworks View Post
How would a seller be able to weed out the sold items
that he posted in an add? I don't see how the rule that
you are proposing could possibly work.
I’m not sure how it would work maybe it can't. Weeding out or editing is one thing but to completely deleting it is another in my eyes. I don't really know how it would work, I’ve been thinking about this ever sense I posted this. It would really suck to have to read 8 pages to find one thing was sold. Could make the 4 sale section post backwards to where the newest post is on page 1 and seller could update as he bumped it to the top.

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer View Post
I've sold LOTS of stuff here and other places. More than once it's had a defect I either wasn't aware of or forgot to mention and it's things like this seller did here that prove who the good guys are and who sucks.

Thumbs up to Trevor!! Way to handle it and even leaving + feedback before it was 100% resolved. I'll never hesitate to deal with you after seeing this.
Neu_Racer you are one 100% right. But people buy here based on what is posted and based on the persons Itrader that is way I just didn’t jump in and give him a bad rating as a matter of fact as I type this I sill haven’t left a rating. Because I was giving him the chance to make it right and he did. Here is what I remember form the post (3weeks ago). I come into the post looking for a xxxcr because I have one already so what parts I have will work on all cars. I see this one list “SUPER DIALED Team Losi xxxCR buggy” cool I’m new to the hobby and still learning how to setup cars and things so maybe his setup will work for me. Read the post super clean well maintained all this car needs is the rear hub and my elects and put it on the track. (Is how it was list) and his friends came in and back him up, I’m like nice car nice guy with good trader rating. In the parts I see a new tranny case sweet this will fix the one I have that is broken because according to the post this one won’t need it. Two bird with one stone. So I sat on the post for a couple of days and he lowered the price and decided to buy it. Sent pm asking $150 and it ship priority replies yes and ask about my military addy was under the impression that it was ok. Than get a pm about how he didn’t ship it as we agreed because he didn’t have enough money when he was at the post office and he was on hard time at work and money is tight. I admit I Ped off at first because now the car won’t be here before I leave for Korea for a year(Air Force screwed up my paper work was suppose to been in Korea already), but I understand people fall on hard times so went ahead and ordered the parts to fix my other car. Besides what can I do it’s already in the mail. So the Air Force mess up my paper I get extended here for one more month and now I might be here to get the car up and running for my kids. I get the at the post off (3 days ago) unboxed it at the post office because the spare parts are rattling around and the office clerk want me to open it to see if it was broke. Nope just the spare parts in the box. My 5 year old takes the car and is owing and awing over the body and saying it was cool, and then I hear oh daddy look its broken and he pointing at the tranny. Then I got looking and the pivot plate is cracked in more than one place. So I come here send him a pm saying the car is busted. I agree with Trevor that was the wrong chose of words. I go flag the post as “Trader rating on hold while problems are resolved”. People came the post say he is a good guy he will make it right (And again he did). Then people started making comets on my replies and I was just repling to them and by the time he got on it looked worse than it was. So I stopped all the public chat and sent him a PM he agreed problem fixed. (Thank you Trevor)
But Neu_Racer stop and look at it from the buyers point of view. With his trader rating and the support from all the people about this guy.
First wasn’t shipped as agreed.
Second if it was an over site on the seller bottom line car was not received as it was presented with the first post being deleted no proof( WHAT THIS POST IS ABOUT)
Then the seller comes in to this post still blaming my kid after it was pointed out by someelse the the car was broke in the pics he posted too.
And he didn’t give me a + before it was resoalved and yes I would buy from him again.


Originally Posted by Dlewis4 View Post
The reason people edit the first post in a for sale ad is for people who click on it, will see that it is already sold.

If you notice at the bottom of the first post, it shows "edited at XXXXX by XXXXX"

that is there for this reason. So people CAN see what WAS there.
correct you are but when you edit it doesn’t bump it back to the top. So in my case if he would have went and edited to say all that was broke I wouldn’t have known it was changed until 3 weeks later when I go back to dig it up and I still wouldn’t have proof. But in my case Trevor didn’t do that and has fixed the problem and again Trevor thank you and it doesn't show what was edited

Originally Posted by Phatkat View Post
All of the Moderators can see what was initially typed, and what was added or removed, so talk to them if someone is shady.

HOWEVER, this guy seems to have done what is right, so you seemingly need to look into the definition of "Used product".
I want to ask the Mods is this true you can see post before and after it’s been edited if so can a mod email or PM me because I have a web forum and I would love to learn this, would have resolved stuff between some of my members.
Originally Posted by Phatkat View Post
so you seemingly need to look into the definition of "Used product".
Phatkat I’m saving this one for when I go to sell my Kyosho. The one I learned how to drive on, my 9 year old learned to drive and I’m teaching my 5 old how to drive. And not list everything ill just quote you. thanks for the quote
This is why I’m asking for the site owners to look at a change because I bet I’m not the only one to run into this help protect the buyer and the seller. Because you could look at it the other way I could have went and seen the post was gone started saying I didn’t get everything that was listed.

Trevor thanks for working with me and fixing all problems and this is not a bash on you it just examples of what could be a problem.

To any one reading Trevor fix the problem and I wouldn’t have no problem to dealing with him in the future if he had something I wanted

Last edited by claycity; 03-19-2011 at 06:59 AM.
claycity is offline  
Old 03-19-2011, 05:59 AM
  #15  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (208)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 30,450
Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)
Default

Yes I can see what was on the original post after it was deleted.
Marcos.J is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.