Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
For sale /Trade Pics mandatory. >

For sale /Trade Pics mandatory.

For sale /Trade Pics mandatory.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default For sale /Trade Pics mandatory.

I noticed alot of sellers posting a for sale thread , but dont post pics. Its almost like blind shopping. Pics should be mandatory or have the thread deleted. Ive been a member of several shoe and golf forums and those forums have 1 ultimate rule for posting in for sale, and that is pics....I'm sure this topic has been discussed, but it should be mandatory...........thnx mods.......Ed
Old 01-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I don't so much feel it should be mandatory, mainly because I won't buy if I don't see a picture. What I see happening a lot, though, is people saying they'll "....post pictures later tonight when I'm off work...", or what ever other variation. Mind you, these happen at 7-10 am. Then, almost like magic, when their ad is on page two BANG!! Pictures...within a couple hours. I wish my work day was a couple hours long.

I do keep an eye out for people taking advantage of this, watch yourselves.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Sometimes a buyer may not have a lot of time to post an ad etc. So you will just need to PM or email the for pics. Not sure if should be mandatory for pics. But on the other hand it is nice to see what they are selling.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Pics should no doubt be mandatory, I mean who wants to buy ANYTHING without seeing it first!? And whats this "I can't figure out how to post pictures, email me for pics?" If your gonna sell online take the time to figure out a few of the basic selling tools! 1. get a PayPal account, nobody wants to do business with you without one! 2. Learn how to take pictures, resize your pictures and post them in your ad, nobody wants to buy used shit sight unseen, there can be some real descrepancies in someones OPINION of "Excellent condition"

Pics are a must!
Old 01-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Just a simple, no. And here are two reasons:

1.) You're not obligated to buy anything, pictures or not.
2.) A large percentage can't follow the basic rules of the "For Sale" section, you all want to add more?
Old 01-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

True, true, a lot of buyers already can't follow some of the rules already in place. Pictures should be mandatory though as it would help weed out potential "bad deals". I'll say one thing, I have purchased some excellent bargains because someone didn't post pics.