Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
Got ripped off and the scammer lowered my feedback rating???? >

Got ripped off and the scammer lowered my feedback rating????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Got ripped off and the scammer lowered my feedback rating????

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default Got ripped off and the scammer lowered my feedback rating????

I got ripped off a while ago on this site and the guy that ripped me off left negative feedback for me. Please see these threads to see the deal I am referring to

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ew-extras.html

and

http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...-jcoleman.html

I understand the feedback system, but I do not think it is fair that my trader rating has been lowered on a deal that I was obviously ripped off on. Can the moderaters look at deals like this and determine whether the buyer/seller who got ripped off should have their trader rating lowered? I don't care that the deal shows up in my feedback history, but I do have a problem with getting ripped off and then having my feedback score lowered by the guy that scammed me. I have bought 8 other cars on this site, traded for a Baja SS and bought many other electronics, tires, etc. without a problem. Is there any way to fix this or am I stuck with a lowered feedback rating forever on this site? This it the only site I have lower than 100% feedback on and it makes me sick to know that someone can scam me, then leave negative feedback and my feedback score suffers from it. If you look at the deal where I was scammed, I think it is pretty obvious that I was sent a car that was much worse than pictured/described and then the seller refused to let me return the car (at my own expense) or do anything at all to fix the deal. Is this really fair?

I have been buying/selling/trading online for years and have never had an unhappy customer. My feedback is 100% on every other site I buy/sell on. You can see my other feedback ratings here

http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t371475p1/

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

and

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/itrader.php?u=101848

Just curious what some other members thought about this (and especially the moderators)
Old 12-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

join the club!!!! mods will not delete feedback.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

I am not asking for the feedback to be deleted, I am fine with this deal showing up under my feedback history. I just think the moderators should be able to make a decision based on the thread/PMs to determine if the person who was ripped off deserves the lowered overall rating.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Last thing I've seen posted about your question -

http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-f...-feedback.html
Old 12-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Funky
I am not asking for the feedback to be deleted, I am fine with this deal showing up under my feedback history. I just think the moderators should be able to make a decision based on the thread/PMs to determine if the person who was ripped off deserves the lowered overall rating.
i will look into it now
Old 12-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Funky
I will be contacting the site admin and give him my opinion.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Please feel free to look at all of my PMs from this sale to see how this deal was handled by myself and Jcoleman.

You are also welcome to look through my PMs of any other deals I have made on this site to see how I deal with buying/selling online.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Ok I spoke with the site Admin and we both agree that as soon as the 2 members involved come to an aggrement on getting this deal some how worked out ,the feedback will stay as is, If both of you can pm me when you both can come to a happy medium then the feedback can be changed.

But just FYI when bying used stuff please remember that some one's "like new condition" may not be the same as my "new like condition"
Old 12-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Well, thanks for looking into it. I guess the feedback will stay how it is. If you look through our PMs, you can see I have already tried to work out some way to fix the deal but Jcoleman refused to work with me in any way. I tried mutliple times to work something out before posting that thread or leaving negative feedback but he just told me the deal is done and that is it. It is very dissapointing that you can get ripped off on this site and your feedback will suffer as well as your wallet if you can't come to an agreement with the guy that scammed you.

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
But just FYI when bying used stuff please remember that some one's "like new condition" may not be the same as my "new like condition"
I understand that completely, however, I clearly recieved a car that was not the same condition as the "detailed" pictures he posted... also the elctronics that looked like they were included in his "detailed" pictures were left out of the deal.

Last edited by Funky; 12-02-2010 at 04:53 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Ok I spoke with the site Admin and we both agree that as soon as the 2 members involved come to an aggrement on getting this deal some how worked out ,the feedback will stay as is, If both of you can pm me when you both can come to a happy medium then the feedback can be changed.

so i assume that goes for everybody now?
Old 12-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by inferno13
so i assume that goes for everybody now?
almost
Old 12-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

almost
So pretty much if you have a neg against you the mods WILL NOT change it unless the guy has had multiple bad deal .... So basically they do not care because YOU are not one of THEM and your rating don't effect them!

Is that basically correct from what I am gathering here?
Old 12-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 440swinger-kid
So pretty much if you have a neg against you the mods WILL NOT change it unless the guy has had multiple bad deal .... So basically they do not care because YOU are not one of THEM and your rating don't effect them!

It depends onthe situation they are at a case by case and I can change them only when I talk to the site admin. There is already a post made by the site admin already explaining the feedback.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Man I can't believe you guys. The OP aside, some of the posters in here -- the usual suspects -- need to look over the rules and understand them. I've said it several times and will do so again; read the rules. If you have any questions, PM me (or another mod) respectfully and I'd (we would) be happy to help you get a better understanding.

Originally Posted by 440swinger-kid

If this is truly, with all honesty, what you get from what was posted, you've got bigger things to worry about than trader feedback.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by marooko

If this is truly, with all honesty, what you get from what was posted, you've got bigger things to worry about than trader feedback.
Lol .true

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.