Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
Got ripped off and the scammer lowered my feedback rating???? >

Got ripped off and the scammer lowered my feedback rating????

Got ripped off and the scammer lowered my feedback rating????

Old 12-05-2010, 06:39 PM
  #31  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Westerville, Ohio
Posts: 245
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

I appreciate that

This is their forum so I have to respect their rules and decisions. I presented my case and they made their choice on how to deal with it. I have made some awesome deals in the short time I have been here... more than enough to make up for this bad one. I just hate to see the lowered score under every post I make. I belong to many RC forums and I try to help out other people as much as I can (when I have experience that might help). Unfortunately that stupid number under my name makes me feel like everyone that sees my posts just looks at me like another scammer and takes down my credibility.
Funky is offline  
Old 12-05-2010, 07:54 PM
  #32  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,123
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

I can only speak for myself, but I always look at the negative feedback and follow what ever trails I can. I probably see more pointless feedback than legitimate. I've read what he posted. It tells me more about the other guy than it does you. I'd refrain from buying from him, before you. And that's just by reading what he left you. Very little regarding the deal, you're wrong, that's it. That tells me he is not detail oriented. I don't want to trade something worth a couple hundred bucks in some cases, based on an assumption. I want details! But that's just my opinion.
marooko is offline  
Old 12-05-2010, 08:08 PM
  #33  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (39)
 
nastystroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: easton maryland
Posts: 838
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by marooko View Post
And I'm sure it's because you're friends with them and like them more than anyone else, right? WRONG!! It's more like, they approached in a respectful manner, like most people would. Like the OP did. Unfortunately he's dealing with a real....well.....yeah.
he helped me with my neg feedback and i dont know him in fact he made so mad that i let mj neg feedback.lol but i had to prove my case first before he helped me
nastystroker is offline  
Old 12-05-2010, 09:10 PM
  #34  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 64
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Funky
You have nothing to worry about. You have shown enough proof to back your side of this sale. I don't see how anyone would look down on you for this neg. Its just sucks that you might have to explain it to people for a while.

marooko

You say "Think of it as a court system and you're presenting your case to the judge"

Well since this would be a civil case I'm 99.9% sure he would win. What does one need to win a civil case?

preponderance of the evidence n. the greater weight of the evidence required in a civil (non-criminal) lawsuit for the trier of fact (jury or judge without a jury) to decide in favor of one side or the other. This preponderance is based on the more convincing evidence and its probable truth or accuracy, and not on the amount of evidence. Thus, one clearly knowledgeable witness may provide a preponderance of evidence over a dozen witnesses with hazy testimony, or a signed agreement with definite terms may outweigh opinions or speculation about what the parties intended. Preponderance of the evidence is required in a civil case and is contrasted with "beyond a reasonable doubt," which is the more severe test of evidence required to convict in a criminal trial.

At 9:31 pm on 10/14/10 Funky post that he got the car and was sending JColeman a pm. 3 hours later Jcoleman Deleted the thread.Why delete the thread if you have nothing to hide?

Jcoleman makes his add sound like he bought the car new. When in fact he bought it used from jo civic. Jcoleman says the body's was given to him by a friend. Once again he bought them from jo civic. Jcoleman said the pics are detailed pics of what you would receive. The body wasn't as pictured and the servo and receiver wasn't sent. Yes the add says "just add your electrics". Most would take it as needing what isn't pictured.
Jcolmen says he told Funky on the phone that it didnt have any electronics on it. Yet Funky shows a pm (which only a mod can verify) after the deal/payment was made asking about the electroinics.

I could go on but I feel I made my point. I think I have pointed out enough that Funky would win by preponderance of the evidence.

Plus with everything that was posted in the threads and Jcoleman deleting the thread clearly shows he scammed Funky and his neg feedback was clearly retaliatory.

I think Funky met the requirements posted to have a feedback change.

I know a decision has been made I just wanted to put in my 2 cents.

And yes I know this isnt a court of law
GIX1000_07 is offline  
Old 12-05-2010, 10:19 PM
  #35  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (221)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 31,336
Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nastystroker View Post
he helped me with my neg feedback and i dont know him in fact he made so mad that i let mj neg feedback.lol but i had to prove my case first before he helped me
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 12-06-2010, 07:49 AM
  #36  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Westerville, Ohio
Posts: 245
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GIX1000_07 View Post
Funky
You have nothing to worry about. You have shown enough proof to back your side of this sale. I don't see how anyone would look down on you for this neg. Its just sucks that you might have to explain it to people for a while.

marooko

You say "Think of it as a court system and you're presenting your case to the judge"

Well since this would be a civil case I'm 99.9% sure he would win. What does one need to win a civil case?

preponderance of the evidence n. the greater weight of the evidence required in a civil (non-criminal) lawsuit for the trier of fact (jury or judge without a jury) to decide in favor of one side or the other. This preponderance is based on the more convincing evidence and its probable truth or accuracy, and not on the amount of evidence. Thus, one clearly knowledgeable witness may provide a preponderance of evidence over a dozen witnesses with hazy testimony, or a signed agreement with definite terms may outweigh opinions or speculation about what the parties intended. Preponderance of the evidence is required in a civil case and is contrasted with "beyond a reasonable doubt," which is the more severe test of evidence required to convict in a criminal trial.

At 9:31 pm on 10/14/10 Funky post that he got the car and was sending JColeman a pm. 3 hours later Jcoleman Deleted the thread.Why delete the thread if you have nothing to hide?

Jcoleman makes his add sound like he bought the car new. When in fact he bought it used from jo civic. Jcoleman says the body's was given to him by a friend. Once again he bought them from jo civic. Jcoleman said the pics are detailed pics of what you would receive. The body wasn't as pictured and the servo and receiver wasn't sent. Yes the add says "just add your electrics". Most would take it as needing what isn't pictured.
Jcolmen says he told Funky on the phone that it didnt have any electronics on it. Yet Funky shows a pm (which only a mod can verify) after the deal/payment was made asking about the electroinics.

I could go on but I feel I made my point. I think I have pointed out enough that Funky would win by preponderance of the evidence.

Plus with everything that was posted in the threads and Jcoleman deleting the thread clearly shows he scammed Funky and his neg feedback was clearly retaliatory.

I think Funky met the requirements posted to have a feedback change.

I know a decision has been made I just wanted to put in my 2 cents.

And yes I know this isnt a court of law
Very well said. This is exactly how I thought the moderators would see this deal too (although I could be biased since I am the one who was scammed). I am glad to see other members can see the same points I am trying to show the moderators. I don't really understand what more proof I needed to show, but they made their choice so I have to live with it. Anyways, I appreciate the support from the other members on this forum that have looked at this objectively and can see what obviously happened in this deal.

The worst part about this deal is, I will be much more cautious about leaving negative feedback on this forum in future deals. Even if I get scammed worse than this deal was, I don't want to see my rating go down any further so I will definately think twice about leaving the appropriate negative feedback. Unfortunately, that could lead to someone else dealing with the same person and getting scammed too. Luckily, out of hundreds of deals I have made online in the RC community, this was the first bad deal I have had so hopefully I will not be put in this situation again.
Funky is offline  
Old 12-06-2010, 07:57 AM
  #37  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (221)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 31,336
Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GIX1000_07 View Post
Funky
You have nothing to worry about. You have shown enough proof to back your side of this sale. I don't see how anyone would look down on you for this neg. Its just sucks that you might have to explain it to people for a while.

marooko

You say "Think of it as a court system and you're presenting your case to the judge"

Well since this would be a civil case I'm 99.9% sure he would win. What does one need to win a civil case?

preponderance of the evidence n. the greater weight of the evidence required in a civil (non-criminal) lawsuit for the trier of fact (jury or judge without a jury) to decide in favor of one side or the other. This preponderance is based on the more convincing evidence and its probable truth or accuracy, and not on the amount of evidence. Thus, one clearly knowledgeable witness may provide a preponderance of evidence over a dozen witnesses with hazy testimony, or a signed agreement with definite terms may outweigh opinions or speculation about what the parties intended. Preponderance of the evidence is required in a civil case and is contrasted with "beyond a reasonable doubt," which is the more severe test of evidence required to convict in a criminal trial.

At 9:31 pm on 10/14/10 Funky post that he got the car and was sending JColeman a pm. 3 hours later Jcoleman Deleted the thread.Why delete the thread if you have nothing to hide?

Jcoleman makes his add sound like he bought the car new. When in fact he bought it used from jo civic. Jcoleman says the body's was given to him by a friend. Once again he bought them from jo civic. Jcoleman said the pics are detailed pics of what you would receive. The body wasn't as pictured and the servo and receiver wasn't sent. Yes the add says "just add your electrics". Most would take it as needing what isn't pictured.
Jcolmen says he told Funky on the phone that it didnt have any electronics on it. Yet Funky shows a pm (which only a mod can verify) after the deal/payment was made asking about the electroinics.

I could go on but I feel I made my point. I think I have pointed out enough that Funky would win by preponderance of the evidence.

Plus with everything that was posted in the threads and Jcoleman deleting the thread clearly shows he scammed Funky and his neg feedback was clearly retaliatory.

I think Funky met the requirements posted to have a feedback change.

I know a decision has been made I just wanted to put in my 2 cents.

And yes I know this isnt a court of law
FYI i can't verify pm's , i cant view them from your account only if you foward them to me but then you can still edit the message before sending them.
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 12-06-2010, 08:05 AM
  #38  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (35)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4,123
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GIX1000_07 View Post
Funky
You have nothing to worry about. You have shown enough proof to back your side of this sale. I don't see how anyone would look down on you for this neg. Its just sucks that you might have to explain it to people for a while.

marooko

You say "Think of it as a court system and you're presenting your case to the judge"

Well since this would be a civil case I'm 99.9% sure he would win. What does one need to win a civil case?
Think of it "as" a court system in the sense that you have to prove your side of the story. This does NOT mean go get legal advice and think of it that way. Relax a little.
marooko is offline  
Old 12-06-2010, 08:12 AM
  #39  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Westerville, Ohio
Posts: 245
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
FYI i can't verify pm's , i cant view them from your account only if you foward them to me but then you can still edit the message before sending them.
If verifying the PMs is part of the problem, I would be willing to send you my login ID and password so you can read them yourself. That way, I can't edit them. You can also see the PMs from after the sale was made. I have nothing to hide. Like I said earlier in this thread, the moderators are welcome to look at any/all of my PMs from this (or any other sale) I have made on this forum.
Funky is offline  
Old 12-06-2010, 10:40 AM
  #40  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (221)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 31,336
Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Funky View Post
If verifying the PMs is part of the problem, I would be willing to send you my login ID and password so you can read them yourself. That way, I can't edit them. You can also see the PMs from after the sale was made. I have nothing to hide. Like I said earlier in this thread, the moderators are welcome to look at any/all of my PMs from this (or any other sale) I have made on this forum.
I can't and I wont get on your account. Im sorry u got mislead by some pictures but you deal in here at your own risk. I never go by the picture I mean if the guy took the picture on top of his dinning room table do you expect to get the table in the deal? Im very sorry but as the site admin stated there is not much we can do its your word against his if we remove your feedback the we should remove his too. You say you got scammed the other guy says you got a heck of a deal.


Again im sorry but my suggestion is sent the guy a pm and see if both of you can come to some agreement Then I can talk to the site admin and get his ok before I fix the feedback.

Til then the feedback stays as is.

For now there is no need to keep this thread open. When you get an update send me a pm and we will go from there.
Marcos.J is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.