Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
The bickering is getting out of hand >

The bickering is getting out of hand

The bickering is getting out of hand

Old 10-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Unhappy The bickering is getting out of hand

While any forum will certainly have members that disagree, in the last few weeks I've seen a marked increase in poor behavior by an increasing number of members.

If I could be racing at this very moment, I'd do it. But I can't race every day. So I come here to get my R/C fix when I can't be racing. It's sad to log on and view a thread that had 7 pages of anything but informative posts.

Members: Please take a long look at your participation on this forum. Are you constructive? Do you allow fellow members to express their opinions without insulting them when they disagree with yours? Some seem so amazed that a mod warns them about their posts. I've seen some even argue with the mods and then are puzzled when they get suspended.

Mods: I know you don't enjoy policing the forum, but you are all we have to keep things civil. When members insult or otherwise incite others to also behave poorly it's my opinion that they should be given a couples days "off"
to perhaps reconsider their behavior/attitude.

To the members that know how to interact.............thanks.
To the members that don't..................you need to learn how.

Last edited by motomatt; 10-27-2010 at 01:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

This is a great post. I agree.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motomatt
While any forum will certainly have members that disagree, in the last few weeks I've seen a marked increase in poor behavior by an increasing number of members.

If I could be racing at this very moment, I'd do it. But I can't race every day. So I come here to get my R/C fix when I can't be racing. It's said to log on and view a thread that had 7 pages of anything but informative posts.

Members: Please take a long look at your participation on this forum. Are you constructive? Do you allow fellow members to express their opinions without insulting them when they disagree with yours? Some seem so amazed that a mod warns them about their posts. I've seen some even argue with the mods and then are puzzled when they get suspended.

Mods: I know you don't enjoy policing the forum, but you are all we have to keep things civil. When members insult or otherwise incite others to also behave poorly it's my opinion that they should be given a couples days "off"
to perhaps reconsider their behavior/attitude.

To the members that know how to interact.............thanks.
To the members that don't..................you need to learn how.
if you see this behavior, send me a pm....i will take care of it, or get it taken care of....

but, please let us handle it, so you dont inadvertently end up in trouble as well....
Old 10-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt M.
if you see this behavior, send me a pm....i will take care of it, or get it taken care of....

but, please let us handle it, so you dont inadvertently end up in trouble as well....
+1
Old 10-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

I think bickering is fine as long as its in the NON R/C Section of this site..... Its all about matter of opinions and its okay to agree or disagree. Sometimes is does get a little out of hand but you will get that any where.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 440swinger-kid
I think bickering is fine as long as its in the NON R/C Section of this site..... Its all about matter of opinions and its okay to agree or disagree. Sometimes is does get a little out of hand but you will get that any where.

Keep it out of tech and all should be good. When it bleeds into tech, smack it down like the fist of a angry God.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Storydude1

Keep it out of tech and all should be good. When it bleeds into tech, smack it down like the fist of a angry God.
We'd ALL be God fearing people if this was to be the scenario.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Is this meaning that you are saying you don't want members encouraging us to behave? Is the OP risking an infraction from posting this?

Just looking for clarification. I had someone in the regional forum post something that made me take a step back and realize I wasn't being as productive as I thought so maybe this post is just what a few others need. A little heads up.

Originally Posted by Matt M.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 326 (100%+)

lol If you guys want drama and want to read bickering check out the t.r.c.r thread in the northwest forums
Old 10-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Unfortunately there are some know it all a-holes on here that seem to think their post count has something to do with their brains. Most of them just want to read their own posts so its inevitable but honestly, would you talk to a person face to face that way? Probably not.

This forum needs an ignore user function.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaggededge
This forum needs an ignore user function.
Now THAT is a great idea
Old 10-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

I thought it did. Isn't there an ignore list function in your user CP?

(gee, I hope at least some of you guys can read this )

Edit: Yep, just tried it. Can see the name of the poster but no message is displayed.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H

Very nice never saw that in there....
Old 10-27-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Storydude1

I agree, and I've know about this function for a while, I've never wanted to use it because some of the guys that don't like me are "interesting"..

Last edited by Oasis; 10-27-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H

Edit: Yep, just tried it. Can see the name of the poster but no message is displayed.
duh, thanks for that. lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.