R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum

Old 10-18-2010, 02:29 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default This site is great but...

I'm having a little hard time trying to find information on specific items that I would think a forum of this size would have its own subforums for it...

For instance...

Batteries! I'm sure this would be covered under electronics, but surely its a large and broad enough topic to have it own forum!

Wheels/Tires...Again, maybe it would be in the racing forum, but....maybe not?

Also, is there a FAQ for beginners? I know there is a beginners forum, but what about super common "whats so great about 2.4ghz radios"... or "Nitro vs Electric"
GoatsnBros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:07 AM   #2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I know what you mean, when i first joined it was hard to find info.

You will get used to it, use the search & also the "Search this forum" and "Search this thread" to search through a particular thread to find what you need out of the 300 page thread.

You get alot of the massive threads here as they are created for individual cars & then they have a mass of information in the topics, you just have to know how to get to what you need.
synrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Oh yea....and how many posts until I can include links/pictures in my posts?
Old 10-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Takes 10.....
Duster_360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:23 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My guess is the reason they don't have a bunch of sub-forums is because they don't want the site to turn into this.

That's CNCzone.com's forum. You can get lost in the forum list if you're not careful
Old 10-19-2010, 02:25 AM   #6
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRacer1080 View Post
My guess is the reason they don't have a bunch of sub-forums is because they don't want the site to turn into this.

That's CNCzone.com's forum. You can get lost in the forum list if you're not careful
LOL i thought RCU was bad until I saw that...........
Old 10-19-2010, 08:20 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloRacer1080 View Post

HOLY WOW!!
marooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #8
Tech Addict

That site is a little crazy althoguh we DO have a jewish racing forum

It seems this site is a little too advanced...I need to learn more of the lingo, however in the forum I'm interested in (electric off-road), most of the topics have nothing to do with what I'm interested in.. Ex: a 400post thread on some motor...even if im interested in that motor, I dont think im going to read 400 posts on it... a lot of topics, the thread was created before it was available, so then you are reading hype and other things.

However, you guys have clearly done your homework here and I'd like to benefit from it.
I'm a pretty technical guy, I like details. I dont want to just pick up my car and drive it and not care how or why it works. I'd expect more FAQ's, or sticky threads on like... Mounting tires, battery comparisons, electric motor temps and how to control them, etc..
Old 10-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatsnBros View Post
That site is a little crazy althoguh we DO have a jewish racing forum

It seems this site is a little too advanced...I need to learn more of the lingo, however in the forum I'm interested in (electric off-road), most of the topics have nothing to do with what I'm interested in.. Ex: a 400post thread on some motor...even if im interested in that motor, I dont think im going to read 400 posts on it... a lot of topics, the thread was created before it was available, so then you are reading hype and other things.

However, you guys have clearly done your homework here and I'd like to benefit from it.
I'm a pretty technical guy, I like details. I dont want to just pick up my car and drive it and not care how or why it works. I'd expect more FAQ's, or sticky threads on like... Mounting tires, battery comparisons, electric motor temps and how to control them, etc..
I see where you're coming from.

I tend to get upset to see so many threads walking around the same subject; Slash 4x4 motor temps...gearing....what motor......what brand.....what setup....etc. But then when I go in to the main Slash 4x4 thread, I end up finding more BS than I do info. Basically, it gives me a better understanding as to why some may start so many threads. I know some people just don't care and would rather start a thread than read, but I'm sure in many cases you just can't find the answer amongst all the company fan boys, touting or promoting a brand.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #10
Tech Adept

Once again, you dont need to read through a 400 page thread. Use the "Search this thread" function to get what you need out of that 400 page thread, it will display the posts you are after.

There are alot of racers on rctech with a wealth of information. Once you work out how to quickly find the info you will be good....
Old 10-19-2010, 07:36 PM   #11
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Part of the prob is these big rc specific threads get started when the new rc is 1st announced, so the 1st lord knows how many pages are posted before its even available. I was looking for something in one of these threads and I didn't see any real info til pg 25 or so.

Search can help, but you might have to work at it to find what you want.
Duster_360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster_360 View Post
Exactly correct. Search or not, you're gonna be reading a lot of BS while finding some good info.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #13
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster_360 View Post
Part of the prob is these big rc specific threads get started when the new rc is 1st announced, so the 1st lord knows how many pages are posted before its even available. I was looking for something in one of these threads and I didn't see any real info til pg 25 or so.

And then there are 5 pages of setup info....and another 30 pages of "when is the upgrade coming?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"
Storydude1 is offline   Reply With Quote