Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NITRO ENGINE SECTION - BOOOOOOOO!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default NITRO ENGINE SECTION - BOOOOOOOO!!!!

The name says it all, I do not like this new separate engine section. Too many differences between off and on road and they should not be lumped together in one section. The status quo was fine. Just my $.02.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think they should put the on-road section back to how it was and add a similar section in here for off-road engines. My 2 cents...
Old 10-14-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

+1
Old 10-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just hide in here where no one can see it.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They should also have different section for Buggies and truggies.
Looking through 20,30, pages to find a specific buggy is time consuming. Looked yesterday for Caster Racing nitro buggy(ZX-1???), but couldnt find the correct one.

Should be-Nitro Offroad>>1/8 Scale Buggies
-Nitro Offroad>>1/8 Scale Truggies
-Nitro Offroad>>1/10 2WD Trucks

so on and so forth.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007
They should also have different section for Buggies and truggies.
Looking through 20,30, pages to find a specific buggy is time consuming. Looked yesterday for Caster Racing nitro buggy(ZX-1???), but couldnt find the correct one.
Isn't that why there's a Search function, and why you can Subscribe to threads?
Old 10-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I agree 100%. The sub forums where fine and much easier to look up what you are into. This new one is just too much. IMHO
Old 10-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It took all of ten minutes to move this thread to a different section that no body reads...lame. I've been reading rctech for about two years and I've never seen more moderation than in the past like two weeks. Epic fail on reorganization of this forum.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
The name says it all, I do not like this new separate engine section. Too many differences between off and on road and they should not be lumped together in one section. The status quo was fine. Just my $.02.
That's the way it was done by the site admin and unless he changes it that's the way is going to stay
Old 10-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i had a request for a nitro engine forum

so i moved the one that was hidden to open view....

i can just as easly delete it and you can all start over.

i will not make a on road and off road forum, because people will cross post, put things in the wrong place. and it will be a large headache...

so here is the choice,

delete what is there, and post in the onroad and off road nitro forum. or keep what you have and make the best of it....

you guys are never happy, i really dont kow why you come here
Old 10-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt M.
i had a request for a nitro engine forum

so i moved the one that was hidden to open view....

i can just as easly delete it and you can all start over.

i will not make a on road and off road forum, because people will cross post, put things in the wrong place. and it will be a large headache...

so here is the choice,

delete what is there, and post in the onroad and off road nitro forum. or keep what you have and make the best of it....

you guys are never happy, i really dont kow why you come here
And you guys never really listen. You offer only two choices when the perfect third choice is left unmentioned. The sub-forum in the onroad section was perfect. There was no problem with cross posting because the offroad guys never went in there. Hell, most of them didn't even know it existed.

All that needs to be done is create the same kind of sub-forum in the offroad section. Then move the current thread back where it was and move all the offroad engine threads into the new sub-forum in the offroad section.

As for having the time to do it, create the sub forums, give me the ability to do the moving of threads and I will happily do it myself. Then everything is as it should be and very few if anyone would be upset.

Most of the requests I saw were to have a sub-forum just like the onroad section. I don't recall seeing anyone request a whole new, all lumped together thread but hey, maybe I missed it.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by wingracer
And you guys never really listen. You offer only two choices when the perfect third choice is left unmentioned. The sub-forum in the onroad section was perfect. There was no problem with cross posting because the offroad guys never went in there. Hell, most of them didn't even know it existed.

All that needs to be done is create the same kind of sub-forum in the offroad section. Then move the current thread back where it was and move all the offroad engine threads into the new sub-forum in the offroad section.

As for having the time to do it, create the sub forums, give me the ability to do the moving of threads and I will happily do it myself. Then everything is as it should be and very few if anyone would be upset.

Most of the requests I saw were to have a sub-forum just like the onroad section. I don't recall seeing anyone request a whole new, all lumped together thread but hey, maybe I missed it.
so what is a nitro motor for offroad different than a nitro motor for onroad???

the model of motor may be different, but the basics of break in, tuning, maintenance are all the same correct??

i can make what you want, but that is not what was asked i looked at the forum today, there have been less than 25 threads used since yesterday....and it was worse when it was hidden away....

i tried to make a forum that could be seen and used, not hidden from view so only a select few knew where it was..
Old 10-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Matt,

I like the idea of having a separate nitro engine sub forum for both the on road and off road nitro. No doubt they are both nitro engines but the target audience are different. Why not give it a try? If is doesn't work out you can always merge the two nitro engine sub forum into one like the current one.

Thanks.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

unless he changes it that's the way is going to stay
Absolutely PRICELESS!!! Guy needs a job....
Old 10-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ganymede
Matt,

I like the idea of having a separate nitro engine sub forum for both the on road and off road nitro. No doubt they are both nitro engines but the target audience are different. Why not give it a try? If is doesn't work out you can always merge the two nitro engine sub forum into one like the current one.

Thanks.
i have no problem with that...i will move the current one back to the on road, and make a new one in off road....

give me a couple days to get it done....

we are not opposed to change but i was asked to do what was done. guys need to be more respectful when asking for a change.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.