R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   R/C Tech Site Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-tech-site-forum-14/)
-   -   infraction (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-tech-site-forum/442430-infraction.html)

lordraptor1 10-11-2010 12:59 PM

infraction

i just received an infraction for having a sig that had 2 many lines, well this is funny because when i registered for teh forum and made the sig (my PC specs) thsi rule did not even exsist, in fact i just tried to make a new sig and it will only allow 5 lines for a sig, so with that said i have a few points i would like to make:

1. if you cannot make a sig longer than 5 lines how was mine longer than 5 lines?

2. if i have had a sig of 5 lines for all this time and the rule changed why wasnt i informed BEFORE receiveing the infraction?

3. if teh rule has been this way from the day i registered tehn how come the max sig line length wasnt imposed then?

i changed my sig to comply with the 5 line rule even though i am NOT at fault on it and have received no warnigns or infractions since creating teh sig the day i registered with rc tech.

J.Whiting 10-11-2010 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by lordraptor1 (Post 8056510)
i just received an infraction for having a sig that had 2 many lines, well this is funny because when i registered for teh forum and made the sig (my PC specs) thsi rule did not even exsist, in fact i just tried to make a new sig and it will only allow 5 lines for a sig, so with that said i have a few points i would like to make:

1. if you cannot make a sig longer than 5 lines how was mine longer than 5 lines?

2. if i have had a sig of 5 lines for all this time and the rule changed why wasnt i informed BEFORE receiveing the infraction?

3. if teh rule has been this way from the day i registered tehn how come the max sig line length wasnt imposed then?

i changed my sig to comply with the 5 line rule even though i am NOT at fault on it and have received no warnigns or infractions since creating teh sig the day i registered with rc tech.

1. if you have an old account you could still have the "unlimited" signature rule..

2. why you where not informed?? i have no answer on that one..

3. the rule was changed last year some time and members where suppose to be notified...

and yes i gave the infraction to you.. i dont know if you didnt get the rule change or not.. you will be good from here on out..

lordraptor1 10-11-2010 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by J.Whiting (Post 8056945)
1. if you have an old account you could still have the "unlimited" signature rule..

2. why you where not informed?? i have no answer on that one..

3. the rule was changed last year some time and members where suppose to be notified...

and yes i gave the infraction to you.. i dont know if you didnt get the rule change or not.. you will be good from here on out..

yeah i understand teh infraction but like i said i was never given any notice of it (havent been on much at all), anyway, how do i go about getting rid of this infraction since it was clearly no fault of mine because i have had it since day one and wasnt given notice till today when i actually received the infraction?

J.Whiting 10-11-2010 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by lordraptor1 (Post 8056959)
yeah i understand teh infraction but like i said i was never given any notice of it (havent been on much at all), anyway, how do i go about getting rid of this infraction since it was clearly no fault of mine because i have had it since day one and wasnt given notice till today when i actually received the infraction?

it will automatically be gone in 5 or 10 days... it is just a way the mods can track members that keep doing things wrong.. if you get 1 here and there you most likely just had a bad day.. guys that get them every week usually get a week or month off at a time... it takes 3 infractions within a 10 day period to get any time off.. jeremy

Lapper 10-11-2010 08:30 PM

Yay, I had my first infraction today. Don't plan on getting anymore as I'm usually a civil individual. I had just got done reading "Guy stole my truck" and it had me a lil heated. Now I know better than to use the vernacular of feces even though I've read the word a thousand times on here. Thanks Marcos and have a nice day.:D
Apparently I have Marooko to thank... surrogate mod and hall monitor... THANKS

TSR6 10-11-2010 08:31 PM

1. I am no longer an admin.
2. When I was an admin, the rule was asked to be put into effect. I sent out a all-forum bulletin that let everyone know of the changes. It stayed on top for something like 6months (because nothing else new ever happens here to replace it)
3. Some moderators enforce it, others dgaf.
4. Infractions dont mean anything. Literally, you can get like 5 of them in 30days and not have any problems (unless they changed it)

Wild Cherry 10-11-2010 09:20 PM

Miss you Troy ....:nod:

Marcos.J 10-11-2010 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by lordraptor1 (Post 8056510)

wow just fix your signature like everyone else and keep it 5 lines or less :)

Lapper 10-11-2010 10:18 PM

I currently see two lines in his sig. What are you talking about?

lordraptor1 10-11-2010 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by J.Whiting (Post 8058563)
it will automatically be gone in 5 or 10 days... it is just a way the mods can track members that keep doing things wrong.. if you get 1 here and there you most likely just had a bad day.. guys that get them every week usually get a week or month off at a time... it takes 3 infractions within a 10 day period to get any time off.. jeremy

ok thanks

lordraptor1 10-11-2010 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Marcos.J (Post 8059076)
wow just fix your signature like everyone else and keep it 5 lines or less :)

i fixed it when i received notice of teh infraction, i probably didnt see it because i have not been on here in over a year LOL, i was busy with my fish aquarium forum and i recently made a rchobbies forum adn so i started visiting my old hangouts again LOL

Marcos.J 10-12-2010 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lapper (Post 8059109)
I currently see two lines in his sig. What are you talking about?

thats because he fixed it :)

II Fast 10-12-2010 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by lordraptor1 (Post 8059330)
i fixed it when i received notice of teh infraction, i probably didnt see it because i have not been on here in over a year LOL, i was busy with my fish aquarium forum and i recently made a rchobbies forum adn so i started visiting my old hangouts again LOL

Dang Oklahoman's and thier crazy 20 line Sig's, learn to comply with the rules! :lol:

Grizzbob 10-12-2010 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by II Fast (Post 8062749)
Dang Oklahoman's and thier crazy 20 line Sig's, learn to comply with the rules! :lol:

20 lines, huh? :sneaky:

J.Whiting 10-12-2010 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Grizzbob (Post 8063611)
20 lines, huh? :sneaky:

if i remember right it was 11 or 12 lines...... no joke...