I wonder how many have been lost?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I wonder how many have been lost?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default I wonder how many have been lost?

How many people i wonder have signed up for this lovely forum, only to make a post, and then find out that it goes into limbo, to await "moderator approval".... then, they wait... and wait... and wait... still nothing.

Almost 48 hours later, and the original post is still in limbo... WTF?

I am probably willing to put up with more 'stuff' than the average person, and even i'm about over it... this is ridiculous!

If you're going to have a feature like that on a board, then you maybe should think about having a moderator who's SOLE job is to approve new posts.... dontcha think?

All i wanted to do was thank a track and its owners for a wonderful time at a great new facility, and thank some friends for letting me use thier stuff...

I even posted in the rookie section asking about it, because that is the only place i COULD post... i'd post a link to it, but as a "newbie", i'm not allowed to post links here.... even to links within the site itself.

So...... yea... i'd like to see my original post show up sometime... it'd be cool to thank some peeps for stuff...

Old 10-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Well I'd like to thank the mods for doing a FANTASTIC job in completely eliminating the 8 million spambots who flooded this forum for weeks before implementing this awful new feature! I understand it can be frustrating waiting for approval but it's FAR better than seeing 200 line posts from a computer program selling us handbags and whatnot!

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

sorry John...if it helps it was my pleasure and that was a fun day of racing, but I agree cause the spam sucks
Old 10-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool... Eliminate the spam an frustrate the newbs (who cares about either anyway, eh?)... I get it, and I agree that it is nice to not have to deal with spam.

BUT... like I said... if you're going to initiate such a feature, then a mod needs to have the job and be on the ball wading through the new posts and approving as soon as possible.

Anyway...

J, thanks again for your help at the track I can't wait till next time!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ComposiMo
Cool... Eliminate the spam an frustrate the newbs (who cares about either anyway, eh?)... I get it, and I agree that it is nice to not have to deal with spam.

BUT... like I said... if you're going to initiate such a feature, then a mod needs to have the job and be on the ball wading through the new posts and approving as soon as possible.

Anyway...

J, thanks again for your help at the track I can't wait till next time!
All you need to do is send me a pm and I will approve it as soon as I get it
Old 10-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

this confised me also, i posted a few time and it acted like it posted but then would not show up... then a few days later it let me post so i had to re ask all the questions and missed up on buying something because i couldnt respond... didnt try PM but that probably wouldnt have worked either
Old 10-06-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Marcos: Thank you for the offer of help there... but realistically... as a new person to this forum, not knowing who mods are, etc... and unless i come across an exact thread as this within minutes of registering and can see the "just pm me" post.... how on earth am i supposed to know that you are 'the guy' to pm to release my first post from the abyss? And for that matter, as a new member, if you're not even allowed to post links or a public post, i'd imagine that you probably wouldn't even be able to send a PM... (i didn't try, and i'm sure pms work fine for me now as it appears my account is now unlocked)... so even then, i wouldn't be able to let anyone know without posting in the 'Rookie Forum'... which fell on deaf ears apparently.

Anyway, i'm not trying to start a huge stink about this... My goal was only to bring to attention how frustrating this can be for a new person to this site... and it could very well cause many a new forum member to simply quit coming here, thereby reducing forum revenue for whoever owns this thing... so i'd imagine that they would be interested in making life easier somehow.

So now problem solved, my post finally showed up 2 pages back in the thread i wanted it in, so i just edited the old post and reposted a new one...

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ComposiMo
Marcos: Thank you for the offer of help there... but realistically... as a new person to this forum, not knowing who mods are, etc... and unless i come across an exact thread as this within minutes of registering and can see the "just pm me" post.... how on earth am i supposed to know that you are 'the guy' to pm to release my first post from the abyss? And for that matter, as a new member, if you're not even allowed to post links or a public post, i'd imagine that you probably wouldn't even be able to send a PM... (i didn't try, and i'm sure pms work fine for me now as it appears my account is now unlocked)... so even then, i wouldn't be able to let anyone know without posting in the 'Rookie Forum'... which fell on deaf ears apparently.

Anyway, i'm not trying to start a huge stink about this... My goal was only to bring to attention how frustrating this can be for a new person to this site... and it could very well cause many a new forum member to simply quit coming here, thereby reducing forum revenue for whoever owns this thing... so i'd imagine that they would be interested in making life easier somehow.

So now problem solved, my post finally showed up 2 pages back in the thread i wanted it in, so i just edited the old post and reposted a new one...

Thanks!

if you would read the rules in there it states where on the forum to find out who the moderators of that section is.. if you would have looking in the bottom right of every forum ( nitro section... onroad section.. and so on) you would see who the moderator in that section is.. you could have then pm them a message to get approved rather quickely..

before this new function we would get 10-20 spammers a day.. iphone computer junk.... so sorry if someone gets upset at our new forum rule... the thread and track you wanted to say thank you to will still be there once you got approved... this new rule made our job much much easier...
Old 10-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Rookie

So obviously the point is not gotten.... ugh.... nevermind y'all...

I'm glad i'm able to post now, and life goes on...