Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
"Sold" filter is necessary >

"Sold" filter is necessary

"Sold" filter is necessary

Old 02-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default "Sold" filter is necessary

For the love of god there needs to be a way to filter all the sold items. 98% of searching for things comes up with sold stuff. RC Groups has a way to do it.

Most people update the item status with "sold" when the item is sold, its just that you have to go through ALL of the posts to find that out. RC Tech needs to implement a filter like RC Groups. It would be much more efficient.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b4maz View Post
For the love of god there needs to be a way to filter all the sold items. 98% of searching for things comes up with sold stuff. RC Groups has a way to do it.

Most people update the item status with "sold" when the item is sold, its just that you have to go through ALL of the posts to find that out. RC Tech needs to implement a filter like RC Groups. It would be much more efficient.
I'm sorry to say but I'm pretty sure 1 of 2 things will happen with your post:

1. It will be ignored.
2. You'll be told - Not gonna happen.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

A "Sold" feature would be great! I'm all for it.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Or simply give the author of the post the option to remove it.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcterp View Post
I'm sorry to say but I'm pretty sure 1 of 2 things will happen with your post:

1. It will be ignored.
2. You'll be told - Not gonna happen.
Thats fine. If the mods want to ignore a very good suggestion, thats their loss. I'm not saying the RC Tech For Sale thread is bad, but they can make some needed changes. If they were smart they would listen to users and upgrade the way they do listings. It would be very helpful to everyone.

I dont see how it couldn't happen. RC Groups forums uses V-bulletin just like RC Tech. Its easy to implement.

Deleting the listing once its sold could also be an option, but I find that being able to search "sold" items good for doing pricing research.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b4maz View Post
Thats fine. If the mods want to ignore a very good suggestion, thats their loss. If they were smart they would listen to users and upgrade the way they do listings. It would be very helpful to everyone.

I dont see how it couldn't happen. RC Groups forums uses V-bulletin just like RC Tech. Its easy to implement.

Deleting the listing once its sold could also be an option, but I find that being able to search "sold" items good for doing pricing research.
I agree 100% (sorry, forgot to add that part in my original reply).
Old 02-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Smizzaz View Post
Or simply give the author of the post the option to remove it.
No option to the author, that would make it easier for scammers to cover their thracks, I mean if i sold you a car and you pay for it , then I go back and remove the post, is that fair?? If you sold an item simply mark it as sold and let it be.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
No option to the author, that would make it easier for scammers to cover their thracks, I mean if i sold you a car and you pay for it , then I go back and remove the post, is that fair?? If you sold an item simply mark it as sold and let it be.
I agree. Its good to have some evidence of the transaction in case there were problems/issues.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It is very easy to add a prefix hack that any poster can go in and add [SOLD] to any topic very easily.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by repstein View Post
It is very easy to add a prefix hack that any poster can go in and add [SOLD] to any topic very easily.
who adds the sold tag????

if it the user, what happens when someone doesnt add the tag

if the mods do it, that is a HUGE amount of work.....

asking, i have no real idea what you are asking for or want....
Old 02-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It is up to the user to do it. If they don't then they don't. Obviously it should not be up to the mods. But prefix's are already supported. You just have to go add it. Check my post I made in this forum. I posted a link to the directions and it has an example of what it looks like. It would take about 5 minutes to add. I think many people would use the feature if they were aware of it. I don't think a sold filter is possible.

Here is the link

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/thread_prefixes

Last edited by repstein; 02-03-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can something like the "sold" filter in RCGroups forum be applied to RCTech? Is it too much work? Is it possible?

Is this not a big deal for a lot of people? It is for me. When I do a search for a specific item, I have to go through every post in the thread to see if its sold.

Am I missing an easier way to search?

Adding a filter might be difficult, but I think this would help many people and save a lot of time.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I have always put [SOLD] or [NLS] on my ads, to me it just seems right.

I have no idea what the mods are saying about this not working.

You can write a script for the site and have it AUTOMATICALLY moved to a archive forum for a limited set number of days.

Easier for everyone, and not rocket science by any means.

If you would say that is the way it has to be and stick to it, I would write the code for it to be done.

It's really no big deal, and would actually help quite a bit. Confused as to why it's such a ordeal?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Metalsoft View Post
I have always put [SOLD] or [NLS] on my ads, to me it just seems right.

I have no idea what the mods are saying about this not working.

You can write a script for the site and have it AUTOMATICALLY moved to a archive forum for a limited set number of days.

Easier for everyone, and not rocket science by any means.

If you would say that is the way it has to be and stick to it, I would write the code for it to be done.

It's really no big deal, and would actually help quite a bit. Confused as to why it's such a ordeal?

here is my question,

our for sale threads have been there for almost 10 years, it has grown, and as of now gets alot of traffic. nearly everything i have ever put on the forsale threads has sold.

i am certain that my next comment is going to make me look like a cold A. hole, but, it is a free service, it takes an exorbitant amount of time to moderate.
it is not perfect, but it is an effective way for our users to sell their old gear. that is all it is for, it is not for our users to get rich, nor run a side buisness for profit.

if your intent is to make money selling rc gear, go buy a hobby shop, or use a different site.

if you want to sell your old gear to someone who will use it and enjoy it, this is the place for you.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
here is my question,

our for sale threads have been there for almost 10 years, it has grown, and as of now gets alot of traffic. nearly everything i have ever put on the forsale threads has sold.

i am certain that my next comment is going to make me look like a cold A. hole, but, it is a free service, it takes an exorbitant amount of time to moderate.
it is not perfect, but it is an effective way for our users to sell their old gear. that is all it is for, it is not for our users to get rich, nor run a side buisness for profit.

if your intent is to make money selling rc gear, go buy a hobby shop, or use a different site.

if you want to sell your old gear to someone who will use it and enjoy it, this is the place for you.
I agree with you 100%. This is a great site and it works very well. It was just a suggestion that I had for the site.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.