Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
"Sold" filter is necessary >

"Sold" filter is necessary

"Sold" filter is necessary

Old 02-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b4maz View Post
I agree with you 100%. This is a great site and it works very well. It was just a suggestion that I had for the site.
we always welcome suggestions, we just cant, or wont implement them all...

thanks for using our site.....
Old 02-17-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
here is my question,

our for sale threads have been there for almost 10 years, it has grown, and as of now gets alot of traffic. nearly everything i have ever put on the forsale threads has sold.

i am certain that my next comment is going to make me look like a cold A. hole, but, it is a free service, it takes an exorbitant amount of time to moderate. A.)
it is not perfect, but it is an effective way for our users to sell their old gear. that is all it is for, it is not for our users to get rich, nor run a side buisness for profit.

if your intent is to make money selling rc gear, go buy a hobby shop, or use a different site.
B.)

if you want to sell your old gear to someone who will use it and enjoy it, this is the place for you.
A.) I understand this by all means, I to am a moderator on a Computer forum, I know how you feel. But I think you are missing the point here. After you tell everyone " you have to put [SOLD] in the title if it is sold" or get a infraction or warning, then they will. Then it will archive itself, with no extra Moderating from you or anyone else.

Surely people in general have not got so lazy that this is a pain to do. ( Atleast I hope not ) We have a site, slightly bigger than this, with a huge for sale section with computer parts ( same price range ) and it has worked wonders for us. Of course you have to be a regular member with 50 posts to see the forum, because we stopped letting any ole joe in the sale section. ( that stopped the scamming and spam bots )

B.) Nope not here to make money either, but I do like the great deal every now and again.

This site is the biggest RC forum on the web, and it is a great place to visit, don't get me wrong.

I just feel that this would truly be a help to a already over populated Buying/Selling forum.

It could be so much easier.

I also have sold everything I have put up on here, but it's not because it's easy to navigate, or user friendly for that matter. It's because you have over 150-175 people looking in the forum at any given time.

It's a numbers game.

Last edited by Metalsoft; 02-17-2010 at 11:19 AM.