Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
Everyone Needs BIG SIGS. LINKS,PICS,SMILEYS IN signatures >

Everyone Needs BIG SIGS. LINKS,PICS,SMILEYS IN signatures

Everyone Needs BIG SIGS. LINKS,PICS,SMILEYS IN signatures

Old 04-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ....

Last edited by Hyde; 04-14-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by LATC3
people want sig pics of there new kick-ass ride! want bigger avaters of there new MUG shot from the local police station! people want fancy threads with links! bling! things! there's other sites Bigger then this one and EVERYTHING IS FREEEE OOOOF CHAARRRGEEE.

No, just the children easily impressed by such things.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LATC3
hi to all...

the people that have been here for a while shouldn't have to 'pay' to get nice sigs.

why don't the people that run this place DELETE over 10.000 threads that haven't been posted in since 01, 02, 03, 04 ??

there's thousands of threads containing images. lots of them! now why do the people that come on here EVERYDAY have to cut back on their signitures just because there's no 'place'??? people want sig pics of there new kick-ass ride! want bigger avaters of there new MUG shot from the local police station! people want fancy threads with links! bling! things! there's other sites Bigger then this one and EVERYTHING IS FREEEE OOOOF CHAARRRGEEE.

come on now. there's new threads posted everyday. know one looks at those old ones!

search doesn't even work!(for me)

i LOVE this site and all I'm saying is instead of deleting someones new post or thread. delete some of the old junk.

P.S. most the old threads contain a couple posts and it dies. A LOT of them have images and THAT'S CAUSING EVERYTHING TO RUN SLOW AND FREEZ.

also the links from my subscription doesn't even work. i click the link to track back from where i was at on the site and it said PAGE NOT FOUND.

this place has some work to do.

-Jovan
if you are having site issues, i havent heard them....the main problem is advertising.....

not fair to the guy who paid, that some one else gets it for free....

these are the rules, sorry....
Old 04-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

As long as I can keep my sponsors in my sig, I'm happy.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by wingracer
As long as I can keep my sponsors in my sig, I'm happy.
your sig is perfectly ok.....
and in fact should be an example of what is allowed...
Old 04-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

as long as i can rock my current sig, i'm game.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee
as long as i can rock my current sig, i'm game.

again....perfectly fine...
Old 04-06-2009, 08:01 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's not that the signatures are causing the site to crash - they aren't. The site has plenty of resources.

It's mainly that the signatures have gone uncontrolled since day 1. It's been time to throw the rules in there for several years. In the past, it was just done off the "common sense" rule, and the blatant abuse rule. Unfortunately, we got to a point where we needed to draw a line in the sand and actually have real rules on it.

There is still plenty of room for a signature, yet it's not overly long to take up a ton of room on each page. Users won't need to scroll half way down a page just for signatures.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by TSR6
It's not that the signatures are causing the site to crash - they aren't. The site has plenty of resources.

It's mainly that the signatures have gone uncontrolled since day 1. It's been time to throw the rules in there for several years. In the past, it was just done off the "common sense" rule, and the blatant abuse rule. Unfortunately, we got to a point where we needed to draw a line in the sand and actually have real rules on it.

There is still plenty of room for a signature, yet it's not overly long to take up a ton of room on each page. Users won't need to scroll half way down a page just for signatures.
That is the biggest issue on other forums, people that are allowed to have huge images and extravigant text taking up more space than their 2 line post does. I don't care to see loads of pics in sig.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:36 PM
MDB
Suspended

Originally Posted by JGruber
That is the biggest issue on other forums, people that are allowed to have huge images and extravigant text taking up more space than their 2 line post does. I don't care to see loads of pics in sig.

I agree. If you want to show off pics, get a Photobucket account and post a link to the album in you sig.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

But they look cool, and isn't that what hobbies are all about?, enjoying your hobby more....having extrav sigs is one way allot of people enjoy being on the web and personolising themselves against others and standing out and being recognisable as a supporter for the hobby itself as does the pretty pic at the top of our page, is that not the same?
Old 04-14-2009, 03:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Sorry to chime in again, but as to are the little logos, with tech elite and the like also a way some of the gurus here representing themselves, I wonder if they were to be removed how many would jump up and down, I'm not here to argue or blame just voice an opinion.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I don't know about others, but I turned sigs off shortly after joining. Just a little too much imho.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

LATC3, how dare you suggest that posts be deleted? If you actually follow through after a warning you will be burned at the stake.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
LATC3, how dare you suggest that posts be deleted? If you actually follow through after a warning you will be burned at the stake.
Yeah because i realized, when I'm going thru the different threads i kinda got lost in the sigs. So cutting back the sigs makes everything somewhat better.

And yes i agree 100% its not fair when people advertize on the sigs when hobby stores pay to advertize.

Its cool man.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.