Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
Please Bring Back The PRE Tag >

Please Bring Back The PRE Tag

Please Bring Back The PRE Tag

Old 06-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Please Bring Back The PRE Tag

I'm not sure why or when it was disabled, but the [pre] tag that that once worked in vbCode here is now non-functional. This was an excellent tool for tracks, as race results are often formatted with spacing, and we could use that tag to post our race results and maintain proper formatting. The code/php tags, while similar, are a crappy replacement since they force you to scroll around. Also, by disabling this tag, all previously posted race results, points results etc. have lost their formatting.

Thank you.

Last edited by syndr0me; 06-29-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:37 AM
R/C Tech Founder

I manually added that to an old version of vBulletin since it lacked one. In the newer ones you should be able to achieve the same thing by using the Courier New font. You are right though that all older race results that used it might be screwed up.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Shane,

Thanks for taking the time to respond, and for all your past efforts, I really appreciate it.

Changing the font to something fixed-width like Courier doesn't retain spacing between characters. Pretty much all race results use multiple spaces (or tab stops), and that formatting isn't retained by only using the font tag. :-(