Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
Site Issues: Technical >

Site Issues: Technical

Like Tree25Likes

Site Issues: Technical

Old 08-13-2019, 07:15 PM
  #946  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (96)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan & Europe
Posts: 5,731
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Its not an assumption but rather a statement. We have had issues with persons coming on and stating, rather complaining about the same "issue" namely the 90 post rule, to gain access to BST threads. They come up every now and then. As such the rules are rules, and have changed due to the fact that prior to that more persons were willing to take advantage of the BST thread.
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Old 08-13-2019, 09:08 PM
  #947  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 77
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Its not an assumption but rather a statement. We have had issues with persons coming on and stating, rather complaining about the same "issue" namely the 90 post rule, to gain access to BST threads. They come up every now and then. As such the rules are rules, and have changed due to the fact that prior to that more persons were willing to take advantage of the BST thread.
So your stating that I only come on here to buy and sell stuff? Statements usually have facts that make the statement correct and I think you need to look how long a person has been a member before you generalize someone.
zhemel is offline  
Old 08-13-2019, 11:14 PM
  #948  
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 8,944
Default

A forum is a place to discuss and show your stuff. A market place is something extra but no main thing for a forum. Such rules are made to keep out the quick sellers who never come back and just an extra for the serious forum users.

But looking at your posts I can tell the market place is most used by you.....
racer1812 likes this.
Roelof is offline  
Old 08-14-2019, 06:45 AM
  #949  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 83
Default

If someone wants to just sell and contribute when they feel they add value to the discussion, they can. If someone just wants to talk R/C Performance without buying/selling, they can. There's no conflict here. Let's keep discussion in THIS thread to technical problems.
ibobi likes this.
IBJoel is offline  
Old 09-24-2019, 02:45 PM
  #950  
Tech Rookie
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 7
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Every time I try to post a message or even send something in a private message the system keeps adding "6.2.5" to my post... kind of annoying.
6.2.5
NoNrg is offline  
Old 09-25-2019, 10:31 AM
  #951  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 83
Default

Originally Posted by NoNrg View Post
Every time I try to post a message or even send something in a private message the system keeps adding "6.2.5" to my post... kind of annoying.
6.2.5
Try clearing/bypassing your cache and see if that does the trick.
IBJoel is offline  
Old 09-25-2019, 02:30 PM
  #952  
Tech Rookie
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 7
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Try clearing/bypassing your cache and see if that does the trick.


I think I figured it out. Was an extension I was running called Fantasy Pros. I disallowed access to this site to the extension and no longer get that "6.2.5". Thanks for helping.
IBJoel likes this.

Last edited by NoNrg; 09-25-2019 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Found cause
NoNrg is offline  
Old 10-18-2019, 02:37 AM
  #953  
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 8,944
Default

Originally Posted by CamilaSaunders View Post
Hi, I am new here. Can you please help me with the Pop up blockers. They keep appearing on my website.
Your website?
Are you a bot or a future spammer?
IBJoel likes this.
Roelof is offline  
Old 10-18-2019, 08:12 AM
  #954  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 83
Default

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Your website?
Are you a bot or a future spammer?
I deleted/banned them
IBJoel is offline  
Old 01-07-2020, 05:38 AM
  #955  
Tech Master
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: north-west Indiana
Posts: 1,252
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Search function not returning all results. I don't know what all forums this applies to, but in the BST forums when I search for Hudy, I do not get all current results. I attached a couple of snipped pics. The first pic show a thread that was posted yesterday, then the search results without that thread in them. I tried this using both Google Chrome and Firefox.
Thanks



trilerian is offline  
Old 01-08-2020, 07:35 AM
  #956  
Tech Master
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,155
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

I created a For Sale thread. I am able to see the listing while scrolling through everything for sale, but if I search by a keyword, the item does not show up. It will not show up for other users either. What am I doing wrong?
Jamie Hanson is offline  
Old 01-08-2020, 01:27 PM
  #957  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 83
Default

Originally Posted by trilerian View Post
Search function not returning all results. I don't know what all forums this applies to, but in the BST forums when I search for Hudy, I do not get all current results. I attached a couple of snipped pics. The first pic show a thread that was posted yesterday, then the search results without that thread in them. I tried this using both Google Chrome and Firefox.
Thanks
Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson View Post
I created a For Sale thread. I am able to see the listing while scrolling through everything for sale, but if I search by a keyword, the item does not show up. It will not show up for other users either. What am I doing wrong?
Threads/posts sometimes take a little bit of time to populate in the database for search. That said, I'll ask tech.

Jamie, what was the name of your thread and what keyword did you use? And how is searching by a keyword different than a regular search? Do you mean you did "search by tag"?
IBJoel is offline  
Old 01-09-2020, 09:15 AM
  #958  
Tech Master
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,155
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Threads/posts sometimes take a little bit of time to populate in the database for search. That said, I'll ask tech.

Jamie, what was the name of your thread and what keyword did you use? And how is searching by a keyword different than a regular search? Do you mean you did "search by tag"?
Thank you for your help. Here is a link to my posting. Awesomatix MMCX Mid Motor car""CLEAN""
I normally just go into the "For Sale" Forums and you the Search this forum option. In the search box I am entering the word Awesomatix.
Jamie Hanson is offline  
Old 01-09-2020, 02:52 PM
  #959  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 83
Default

Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson View Post
Thank you for your help. Here is a link to my posting. Awesomatix MMCX Mid Motor car""CLEAN""
I normally just go into the "For Sale" Forums and you the Search this forum option. In the search box I am entering the word Awesomatix.
Thanks. I see what you mean. I have asked tech about this thread and and the other mentioned earlier.
IBJoel is offline  
Old 01-20-2020, 11:02 PM
  #960  
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 8,944
Default

In this topic I made a post with "dual plug engines"

IFMAR 2020 GT WORLDS & PRE-Worlds!!

Weird enough the link is not showed but someone made a replay and it was showed again in the reply?
Roelof is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.