Like Tree12Likes

SnagRC ?

Old 12-01-2022, 10:20 AM
  #1  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (18)
 
Pharcyed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto, Can.
Posts: 510
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default SnagRC ?

I got an email from RCTech telling me to make an account on this Snag RC site. I am curious if this is actually legit?
Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.
Pharcyed is offline  
Old 12-01-2022, 07:22 PM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (46)
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Moncure NC
Posts: 2,529
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Pharcyed View Post
I got an email from RCTech telling me to make an account on this Snag RC site. I am curious if this is actually legit?
I keep getting them also and was wondering the same ??
Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.
Fast4Fun is online now  
Old 12-03-2022, 10:15 PM
  #3  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 4,991
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Pharcyed View Post
I got an email from RCTech telling me to make an account on this Snag RC site. I am curious if this is actually legit?
I'd assume it's not legit.
gigaplex is offline  
Old 12-04-2022, 09:20 AM
  #4  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Posts: 4
Default

Hello everyone,

snagRC is a legitimate site. It is specific to R/C items only, Anyone can buy and sell after they setup an account. All payments are done via PayPal and we don't hold any user funds. Transactions are between buyers and sellers but we do moderate the site and allow for mutual feedback.

Happy to answer questions but we'll also setup a thread here on RCTech..
snagRC is offline  
Old 12-08-2022, 06:06 AM
  #5  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 4,991
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by snagRC View Post
Hello everyone,

snagRC is a legitimate site. It is specific to R/C items only, Anyone can buy and sell after they setup an account. All payments are done via PayPal and we don't hold any user funds. Transactions are between buyers and sellers but we do moderate the site and allow for mutual feedback.

Happy to answer questions but we'll also setup a thread here on RCTech..
Why would rctech be sending emails to their users to tell them to create an account on your site? Sounds more like you've been sending out unsolicited emails. Rctech frowns upon redirecting people to 3rd party sites (eg auction sites and competing forums).
the rc guy likes this.
gigaplex is offline  
Old 12-08-2022, 01:44 PM
  #6  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (46)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 926
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Maybe snagRC's search function works so you can actually find what you are looking for?
biz77 is online now  
Old 12-08-2022, 02:25 PM
  #7  
Administrator
iTrader: (26)
 
Matt M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,617
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by snagRC View Post
Hello everyone,

snagRC is a legitimate site. It is specific to R/C items only, Anyone can buy and sell after they setup an account. All payments are done via PayPal and we don't hold any user funds. Transactions are between buyers and sellers but we do moderate the site and allow for mutual feedback.

Happy to answer questions but we'll also setup a thread here on RCTech..
are you an advertiser?
gigaplex and Nortran11 like this.
Matt M. is offline  
Old 12-09-2022, 11:50 AM
  #8  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,366
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

I had gotten an email about this as well. I find it odd that IB would promote anything that takes members to a third party site.
racer1812 is offline  
Old 12-09-2022, 12:46 PM
  #9  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (5)
 
Chubbum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Panorama city
Posts: 21
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

ooooh somebody got busted
Chubbum is offline  
Old 12-09-2022, 06:01 PM
  #10  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (235)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 32,530
Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I had gotten an email about this as well. I find it odd that IB would promote anything that takes members to a third party site.
IB is MIA on RCtech at the moment
racer1812 likes this.
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 12-12-2022, 11:02 AM
  #11  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Posts: 4
Default

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
Why would rctech be sending emails to their users to tell them to create an account on your site? Sounds more like you've been sending out unsolicited emails. Rctech frowns upon redirecting people to 3rd party sites (eg auction sites and competing forums).
Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
are you an advertiser?
Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I had gotten an email about this as well. I find it odd that IB would promote anything that takes members to a third party site.
The email was sent on our behalf by Internet Brands. We are not a competing forum but a place for people to shop r/c items from different sellers and also list their items. It's a more economical way than sites like Ebay and is dedicated to R/C. Payment between buyers and sellers is all done through PayPal.
snagRC is offline  
Old 12-12-2022, 12:01 PM
  #12  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (85)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,927
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by snagRC View Post
The email was sent on our behalf by Internet Brands. We are not a competing forum but a place for people to shop r/c items from different sellers and also list their items. It's a more economical way than sites like Ebay and is dedicated to R/C. Payment between buyers and sellers is all done through PayPal.
Do you 1099 like eBay for sales over $600?
Raman is offline  
Old 12-12-2022, 01:47 PM
  #13  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Posts: 4
Default

Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Do you 1099 like eBay for sales over $600?
We do not since payment is done through PayPal.
snagRC is offline  
Old 12-13-2022, 01:48 PM
  #14  
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 129
Default

Hi guys, this is a legitimate advertising partner with us. Neither myself nor Myke had any involvement with the email, which was arranged by our sales team.
JeepPower likes this.
IBJoel is online now  
Old 12-13-2022, 02:38 PM
  #15  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Posts: 4
Default

As indicated by Joel, we are a legitimate partner.
snagRC is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.