Things have really slowed down here…. >

Things have really slowed down here….

Like Tree74Likes

Things have really slowed down here….

Old 10-22-2021, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE View Post
Here is another suggestion. As I scan through the various categories, I find moderators that haven’t been in the forum for 6 months to a year. I didn’t do a thorough search, but we might have some that are not even in the hobby anymore.

It was mentioned that some changes like moving threads might be too much work for the moderators. Why not strip the moderator title from those who do not come here and give it to someone who is active on a daily basis? You could pick the most active members who positively contribute to threads around here. Or maybe promote the current moderators to Super Moderators?

Inactive moderators are of no use to the forum. A little cleanup might be in order. The mods do a good job here as spam is quickly eliminated and the scammers are dealt with. No complaints here. Sure, an occasional bad attitude from some moderators and unnecessary taunting occurs, but overall it runs pretty smooth.
Finally something I can agree to 100%.
Old 10-22-2021, 01:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey everyone,

I'm going to parse everything mentioned in this post, and see what changes we can make to the forums to bring it back up to snuff. I'm fairly new to IB, but we aren't letting this or any of our sites fall to the wayside. Definitely think a banner change is something we can do easily.

If there are any questions about me, or for me feel free to ask. My DMs are always open.

-IB Myke
TIME MACHINE likes this.
Old 10-22-2021, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

If you want to get fancy with the banner, you could set up something where people submit pictures and other members vote on them; any picture that gets above a certain number of upvotes automatically gets added to the rotation.
Old 10-22-2021, 03:50 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by IBMyke View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm going to parse everything mentioned in this post, and see what changes we can make to the forums to bring it back up to snuff. I'm fairly new to IB, but we aren't letting this or any of our sites fall to the wayside. Definitely think a banner change is something we can do easily.

If there are any questions about me, or for me feel free to ask. My DMs are always open.

-IB Myke
Ehm... and who are you if I may ask? I only see a new user listed as a tech rooky with no RC related posts....... And then you say you can easily change a banner and we all can PM you.
Old 10-22-2021, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by IBMyke View Post
Hey everyone,

-IB Myke
There might be something in v bulletin that gives the user different choices on how to view the site, Mobile, classic( current), new style.
Old 10-23-2021, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Ehm... and who are you if I may ask? I only see a new user listed as a tech rooky with no RC related posts....... And then you say you can easily change a banner and we all can PM you.
It's not in his profile but he is an IB admin.
DRTMI and Billy Kelly like this.
Old 10-25-2021, 01:56 AM
Tech Lord

Well.......
is Nitro Bashing a thing of the past?
Old 10-27-2021, 10:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
It's not in his profile but he is an IB admin.
I figured that out myself, based on the name IBMyke which is similar to IBJoel, and the fact that the forum is owned by Internet Brands LLC.
Old 10-28-2021, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
I figured that out myself, based on the name IBMyke which is similar to IBJoel, and the fact that the forum is owned by Internet Brands LLC.

you asked the question....he gave an answer, no need to be rude
Old 10-28-2021, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
you asked the question....he gave an answer, no need to be rude
I think Roelof asked the question.
Old 10-28-2021, 03:21 PM
Tech Lord

To be honest, there are lately so many new crap users over here who totally have nothing with RC that it is hard to believe some new guys speaking out he can work on this forum. Give those guys an important status (like mod/admin) so we can see with who we are dealing with.
DirkW, sacmiata and OffRoadJunkie like this.
Old 11-03-2021, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

So, I maybe way off base, but it seams like this forum was designed for RC'er who are both new and old to the hobby. For the new guys, it helps them learn how to get into the hobby and be competitive on the track or how to make the proper decisions when purchasing anything related to RC. The diehard RC'ers might come here to look for something to spark their excitement in the hobby when things are looking a little dull. When nothing exciting is sparking them, they seek other reasons to come to the forum, so they strike up another topic. A lot of guys are leaving and not returning because things have gotten really dull in here and with the hobby. When they do try to engage in a conversation, there's always that one guy who has to throw attitude in conversation and kills the mood to continue to return.

Now, here we are... a bunch of grown men in a toy forum, arguing over how the forum is being run. Please don't think I am bashing anyone, because I'm not. I'm one of the arguers. I'm not even pointing at any particular person. I just think it is quite interesting and somewhat amusing. I'm actually siting here with a complacent attitude.
Old 11-03-2021, 12:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie View Post
Now, here we are... a bunch of grown men in a toy forum, arguing over how the forum is being run. Please don't think I am bashing anyone, because I'm not. I'm one of the arguers. I'm not even pointing at any particular person. I just think it is quite interesting and somewhat amusing. I'm actually siting here with a complacent attitude.

This section of the forum is actually designated for topics such as this one. No one is arguing, we are “brainstorming” so that we might come up with ideas that will help the forum. Complacency is fine, not everyone wants to get involved. Enjoy the forum and hopefully something good comes out of us bantering ideas around.
OffRoadJunkie likes this.
Old 11-03-2021, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

It would be nice to see manufacturers coming in here once a month to give updates on what they are working on and maybe do some q&a sessions. I know they do it on Facebook, but not all of us are on Facebook or even care to be. By having company reps in here, that would build a lot more trust and value to their brand.

I have purchased items from company reps on here, where before, I would have never thought of buying their product because I didn't know they had it.
TIME MACHINE likes this.
Old 11-03-2021, 01:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie View Post
It would be nice to see manufacturers coming in here once a month to give updates on what they are working on and maybe do some q&a sessions. I know they do it on Facebook, but not all of us are on Facebook or even care to be. By having company reps in here, that would build a lot more trust and value to their brand.

I have purchased items from company reps on here, where before, I would have never thought of buying their product because I didn't know they had it.
That is a great idea. They did that on the crawler forum with good success. We just have to convince the manufacturers and dealers that taking the time to post here will result in a lot of eyeballs on the product.

I would like to see some incentive to encourage people to post and interact. Dealers could offer promotional discounts to contributing members here.
OffRoadJunkie likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.