Things have really slowed down here…. >

Things have really slowed down here….

Like Tree51Likes

Things have really slowed down here….

Old 10-13-2021, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
interestingly you still come back...
to be fair, this seems to be the last RC forum still in use. so where else would he, or any of us for that matter, go?

it's real easy to be complacent when you've got no competition.
Old 10-14-2021, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i do not own this site, i am only the caretaker...i haev been here since the first day it was created, i do not want it to fail, but i cant really change the site look....

i will say this, when you google say, rc10b4, what comes up, ifo from right here....not facebook, that is one nice thing about this fourm, it is searchable, facebook is not...
nitrodude, Marcos.J and aaron2u like this.
Old 10-15-2021, 05:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
i do not own this site, i am only the caretaker...i haev been here since the first day it was created, i do not want it to fail, but i cant really change the site look....

i will say this, when you google say, rc10b4, what comes up, ifo from right here....not facebook, that is one nice thing about this fourm, it is searchable, facebook is not...
Yes it does show that. I we know people check. The bigger question is why so many remain as guest and never become members.

Nobody wants to see it fail. On come to an end. Those here that were regularly on URC those last months remember how that was. You could almost predict the order of members would respond on the rare occasion a new thread was started.

I don’t see changing the look having a effect. Only 1 of 9 Facebook groups I’m in changes their main picture.
Old 10-15-2021, 06:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

How about ditching the “Industry News” section and replacing it with something like a “Hot Online Deals” section where members, with the same required permissions as the classifieds, can post any good sales, promotions or discounts on products? Granted, with COVID and inflation, deals have been much harder to find, but it will eventually get back to normal.

A section like this will most certainly be more active than the “Industry News”, so it might be a step in the right direction. I am aware that we have the “Commercial Marketplace” section that was originally intended for forum sponsors, but that ship has sailed.

Just throwing out ideas, eventually one might be good
Old 10-16-2021, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE View Post
How about ditching the “Industry News” section and replacing it with something like a “Hot Online Deals” section where members, with the same required permissions as the classifieds, can post any good sales, promotions or discounts on products? Granted, with COVID and inflation, deals have been much harder to find, but it will eventually get back to normal.

A section like this will most certainly be more active than the “Industry News”, so it might be a step in the right direction. I am aware that we have the “Commercial Marketplace” section that was originally intended for forum sponsors, but that ship has sailed.

Just throwing out ideas, eventually one might be good
i have nothing to do with that stuff, that is all ib...
Old 10-17-2021, 08:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Guys, looking like we will have to muddle on with what we've got for the time being. Speculating here, but it seems the site owner is reluctant to expend further effort or expense right now. Times are tough. Appreciate Matt M responding and taking our concerns and recommendations under advisement. That's a start. Regards. 'AC'
Dave_S likes this.
Old 10-17-2021, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Different sections can be added, if there is a need. LIke there is a 3d printing section, etc.
AHR43 and Dave_S like this.
Old 10-18-2021, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Everybody still active here, should be posting links on their social media platforms to help drive traffic. If the info is here, they will come.

I'm here so much because of all of the fees associated with Ebay and dealing rc stuff in my area is pointless on fb, as there isn't a good density of interest around me. With shipping costs and paypal fees rising, even selling for free here, is getting to be a lot.

Old 10-18-2021, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

I'm fairly new to racing (<1 year), which I discovered after a 15+ year hiatus from R/C in general. I joined the forum because of the wealth of technical information. However, I must say I strongly prefer the old style of forums, where you have a sub-forum for each brand/vehicle and different posts relating to different topics... It's a big pain to sift through 50+ pages on one vehicle looking for nuggets of information. Perhaps that model doesn't foster engagement/contribution/diversity, but I had always preferred it.

Also, dark mode would be wonderful.
AHR43 likes this.
Old 10-19-2021, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You should have seen the complaints of some people around here, when a new thread was started for a new model instead of just adding it to a hundreds of pages long thread...

Whatever you do, someone is going to complain. That's just how the world is, I'm afraid...
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 10-19-2021, 06:37 AM
Tech Lord

That is because not much people do take some time to get knowledge by them selves. Today with social media it has become normal that people drop a question and some even on many platforms and hope their question is answered in a view minutes, that is sooooo much easier than doing some own research.....

What I do hate is that people do get angry if you point them to the search, even when you give them a list of same topics.
Old 10-19-2021, 11:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
That is because not much people do take some time to get knowledge by them selves. Today with social media it has become normal that people drop a question and some even on many platforms and hope their question is answered in a view minutes, that is sooooo much easier than doing some own research.....

What I do hate is that people do get angry if you point them to the search, even when you give them a list of same topics.
A lot of times people are just looking for the answer to the problem in front of them. And let’s be honest, the search feature here doesn’t work very well. And scrolling through 8 pages of old threads isn’t the most effective way to find something.
nitrodude, Dave_S and the rc guy like this.
Old 10-19-2021, 11:35 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
A lot of times people are just looking for the answer to the problem in front of them. And let’s be honest, the search feature here doesn’t work very well. And scrolling through 8 pages of old threads isn’t the most effective way to find something.
Face it, most of the time these kind of people with issues have also the choice to unscrew some parts and look inside diff houses, gearboxes etc but do not take the choice but wait for someone with a crystal bol to direct him to the right answer. Looking up manuals to get partnumbers seems also very hard today for many people. The endless questions of what is the best car, battery, charger, motor, break-in methode etc etc etc as if there is no topic to be find next to the question if they really need the best or just the best with a good price tag while reading some racereports with chassis overviews will give a lot of answers.

To be honest, it is their hobby too so it must take some time. See it lie school, that also you have to do by yourself which adds a better learn factor.
Old 10-20-2021, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE View Post
It has just grown stagnant and stale. The banner hasn’t changed in over 15 years and has absolutely nothing to do with RC. Simple changes make a big difference.

I am not complaining, just sad to see such a lack of concern. Look at the industry news section. Who thought that was a good idea? People log in and see the lack of new posts and they bail out.

I know nothing will change, many before me have voiced concern and displeasure. However, I think everyone should at least try to let “internet brands” know that they are not cut out for an RC forum. Let the current moderators fill them in on what is needed.
You've only been here for 8 years. How can you possibly know the banner hasn't changed in 15 years?

For that matter, who cares about the banner? People don't come to forums to admire the windowdressing.
aaron2u likes this.
Old 10-20-2021, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Hi guys,

Obviously, we want the forums to continue to be a vibrant, active community. Now, the good news is that traffic is actually up, as are registrations. Besides Industry News and a new banner, what sort of things would you want to see on the site to boost engagement?
Pizza parties every Friday.
aaron2u likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.