Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
Things have really slowed down here…. >

Things have really slowed down here….

Like Tree74Likes

Things have really slowed down here….

Old 10-12-2021, 01:40 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by st_dragn_wagen View Post
im betting traffic/registrations are up because of the spam accounts we were getting a few weeks ago
My thoughts as wel, as mentioned before we do see more and more new users with no signs of any (true) RC relatied posts.
Old 10-12-2021, 07:41 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

We just need to do the best we can...the comunity is what WE make of it, not what is on the window trimmings...(banners)...the people wo come here make this site what it is...

Old 10-12-2021, 07:48 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
We just need to do the best we can...the comunity is what WE make of it, not what is on the window trimmings...(banners)...the people wo come here make this site what it is...
You see the writing on the wall, why just be content?

Every corporation, product, and website goes through changes to keep things fresh, active and fun. If RC Tech can’t go through the effort to change a banner, it gets what it deserves. It’s easy to sit back and watch it die a slow death.

The community gets smaller, smaller and smaller. Soon it will be what YOU make of it.
Old 10-12-2021, 09:06 AM
Tech Lord

The only product that RCTECH has to sell is knowledge. People come here to to ask for knowledge, share knowledge and builds and for a nice chat. The only thing RCTECH needs to take care of is that it remains working, user friendly and organized. The rest arround it is details. A company selling products need to take care that everything stays attractive to keep the product attractive and the selling rates high. Even then that still can be done with a same looks as long the content is right.
Again, managers need to keep themselve busy so they try to change the looks and company structure every year
DirkW likes this.
Old 10-12-2021, 12:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
The only product that RCTECH has to sell is knowledge. People come here to to ask for knowledge, share knowledge and builds and for a nice chat. The only thing RCTECH needs to take care of is that it remains working, user friendly and organized. The rest arround it is details. A company selling products need to take care that everything stays attractive to keep the product attractive and the selling rates high. Even then that still can be done with a same looks as long the content is right.
Again, managers need to keep themselve busy so they try to change the looks and company structure every year
RC Tech doesn’t sell knowledge, they sell ad space, user information and data. This is a business, not a non-profit information website.

It is in the best interest to Internet Brands (owners) to attract more visitors, obtain more site hits, and sell more ads. Like any business, they have to evolve with the times and attempt to keep things fresh and interesting.

Any forum member who is content with the same couple dozen users contributing needs to have a private Facebook group or a hidden member forum. Without new users, and without something to attract them, the writing is on the wall.
Old 10-12-2021, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Facebook killed forums a long time ago. The only people left on forums are old-timers that hate Facebook. As the old-timers die off, forums will eventually disappear completely as they can’t self-sustain.
Raman and aaron2u like this.
Old 10-12-2021, 12:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Cavi Mike View Post
Facebook killed forums a long time ago. The only people left on forums are old-timers that hate Facebook. As the old-timers die off, forums will eventually disappear completely as they can’t self-sustain.
I agree with you, but I think forums like RC Tech should go down fighting. At least TRY to evolve. Being complacent only expedites the inevitable.
Old 10-12-2021, 12:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE View Post
RC Tech doesn’t sell knowledge, they sell ad space, user information and data. This is a business, not a non-profit information website.

It is in the best interest to Internet Brands (owners) to attract more visitors, obtain more site hits, and sell more ads. Like any business, they have to evolve with the times and attempt to keep things fresh and interesting.

Any forum member who is content with the same couple dozen users contributing needs to have a private Facebook group or a hidden member forum. Without new users, and without something to attract them, the writing is on the wall.
We’ve all been watching the slow decline of the forums. It’s was 6-7 months back when some expected to see a rush back to the forums as people left Facebook. Unfortunately it didn’t happen.

I don’t know how to get people here. I link to threads in Facebook groups. But I doubt they look. The 60-70 I race regularly with, only a few are even slightly active here. They check in, but that’s about it.

TIME MACHINE likes this.
Old 10-12-2021, 12:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
We’ve all been watching the slow decline of the forums. It’s was 6-7 months back when some expected to see a rush back to the forums as people left Facebook. Unfortunately it didn’t happen.

I don’t know how to get people here. I link to threads in Facebook groups. But I doubt they look. The 60-70 I race regularly with, only a few are even slightly active here. They check in, but that’s about it.
I too thought we would get a surge after the backlash against Facebook, but no such luck. I know this conversation comes up every five years…..and it’s about that time. I want to see this place do well.

Facebook groups change banners weekly, have contests, and try to improve the presentation as best they can. Anyone who says changing a banner, colors, or features won’t help is in total denial…..or doesn’t understand what it takes to grow a business or manage a forum in hopes of engaging the user.

It is a good conversation to have, nonetheless.
Old 10-12-2021, 02:09 PM
Tech Lord

As a matter of speaking..... Knowledge is why people do come here, not for the banners, mods, admins, logo's and website design. Not that the knowledge is sold but it is the main product of this forum. Because users can registrate and talk along for free the server, domain etc has to be paied and so for that they sell banners and people can pay to become an elite member.
And it is not that all others do not pay, they pay with sharing knowledge to help others, start discussions, show projects to make this forum interesting to play along. If there are no people with knowledge on this forum then the forum will be dead or just only a chatroom......
Matt M. likes this.
Old 10-12-2021, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

I've been here a very long time, it seems everytime there was a major change or upgrade there was not much positive feedback.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 10-13-2021, 12:55 PM
Administrator

You see the writing on the wall, why just be content?

Every corporation, product, and website goes through changes to keep things fresh, active and fun. If RC Tech can’t go through the effort to change a banner, it gets what it deserves. It’s easy to sit back and watch it die a slow death.

The community gets smaller, smaller and smaller. Soon it will be what YOU make of it.
interestingly you still come back...
Marcos.J and aaron2u like this.
Old 10-13-2021, 01:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

interestingly you still come back...
Did I not say that I want the place to be successful?

I get it. Much like the violin players on the Titanic, you are going down with the ship. All I can do is try to make positive suggestions and help if I can. If not, I guess I go down with you. The only caveat is that I deserve a seat on the life boat for trying.
Old 10-14-2021, 06:15 PM
Administrator

i do not own this site, i am only the caretaker...i haev been here since the first day it was created, i do not want it to fail, but i cant really change the site look....

i will say this, when you google say, rc10b4, what comes up, ifo from right here....not facebook, that is one nice thing about this fourm, it is searchable, facebook is not...
nitrodude, Marcos.J and aaron2u like this.
Old 10-15-2021, 06:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i do not own this site, i am only the caretaker...i haev been here since the first day it was created, i do not want it to fail, but i cant really change the site look....

i will say this, when you google say, rc10b4, what comes up, ifo from right here....not facebook, that is one nice thing about this fourm, it is searchable, facebook is not...
Yes it does show that. I we know people check. The bigger question is why so many remain as guest and never become members.

Nobody wants to see it fail. On come to an end. Those here that were regularly on URC those last months remember how that was. You could almost predict the order of members would respond on the rare occasion a new thread was started.

I don’t see changing the look having a effect. Only 1 of 9 Facebook groups I’m in changes their main picture.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.