Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
Sames shady to let moderators troll threads and users >

Sames shady to let moderators troll threads and users

Like Tree20Likes

Sames shady to let moderators troll threads and users

Old 09-11-2020, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default Sames shady to let moderators troll threads and users

Moderators editing thread titles making fun of users, suggesting they don't have lives, and then threads just being deleted on a whim with no explanation

If you don't want us here just ban us, or let us know what's going on.
Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Moderators editing thread titles making fun of users, suggesting they don't have lives, and then threads just being deleted on a whim with no explanation

If you don't want us here just ban us, or let us know what's going on.

Hmmm an internet forum moderator suggesting other people on the forum don't have a life - sounds like the pot calling the kettle black (kidding - ish).....haven't seen the thread(s) in question but I am not surprised....
Old 09-12-2020, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i have no idea what your talking about. if you have specific instances with moderators please send me the threads, so i can look at them
IBJoel likes this.
Old 09-12-2020, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

I can't provide examples because a moderator deleted thread with all examples in "off topic" section.

in off topic section a moderator kept editing thread title, trolling members who posted there. Then thread vanished. In was maybe a couple hundred pages.

Even though a moderator decided thread was useless (they changed thread name to useless and said we need to get live, said it was waste of bandwidth)

the thread was actually far from useless and had much information, some of good, bad, personal, ect.., but there was good data and info there.

I have no idea who actual moderator doing it was.

i suggest it seems shady because i incorrectly assumed admin would browse thread titles, and it follows a pattern of behavior that happened in the past. I don't want to call out any specific mod, past is the past. Not terribly long ago Admin here were made aware of some super moderator causing trouble and trolling. It follows a pattern of behavior.

Last edited by Dave_S; 09-12-2020 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-12-2020, 04:38 PM
Tech Champion

Now you mention that super huge chat topic, I did see a name change and indeed, now its gone.

It had a last name like useless traffic or useless data, somethine with useless.
Old 09-12-2020, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Now you mention that super huge chat topic, I did see a name change and indeed, now its gone.

It had a last name like useless traffic or useless data, somethine with useless.
I think it was something like the "official useless what are you doing and you should get a life wasting bandwidth thread."
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 09-12-2020, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

^Pretty much that. It was well over a thousand pages long actually.

It's final name before it was deleted:

My likes received still appear on my profile, but when I click the link it shows this:

Which means the thread was deleted. Which I believe is bang out of order.
Is it possible restore the deleted thread? Or atleast give a reason for deletion?

Thank you.

Dave_S likes this.
Old 09-12-2020, 06:35 PM
Administrator

ok, i see it in the garbage forum, what was its original name?? and who was the moderator
Old 09-12-2020, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

I don't remember original thread name, and don't know who moderator that was editing thread title or deleted it was.

I greatly appreciate your assistance though, and would very thankful if that thread could returned. Even if it locked, there was some real stuff in there.

Old 09-12-2020, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

I have no idea who the mod is, the thread just magically disappeared.

The name went through a few changes, probably by the same mod. It was originally called the what are you doing today thread.

You can't miss it, it's over a thousand pages long and was only deleted a few days ago.
Old 09-12-2020, 07:35 PM
Administrator

saw it, i am trying to find out why it was dealt with in this mannor, and by whom...
Old 09-13-2020, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Sooo.....Any updates?

Is restoration possible?
Old 09-13-2020, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

whom changed it tittle?
whom deleted the thread ?
reason why?
Old 09-13-2020, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Matt, I do hope you find out what happened, and let us know. I can't imagine any moderator would just delete a thread, unless someone was able to hack a moderator's login
Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.
Old 09-13-2020, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jiml View Post
Matt, I do hope you find out what happened, and let us know. I can't imagine any moderator would just delete a thread, unless someone was able to hack a moderator's login
it's been deleted 4 or 5 times. Only reason i bring it up now is because latest version has been going for so long.

To be fair, in previous examples when thread was deleted i imagine it was due to a post that violated the rules. Like if someone stepped out of line and posted something political normally the thread would just get deleted instead of temporary ban or some sort of sanctions taken against individual members.
Sir 51D3WAYS and fyrstormer like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.