• 3 Post By Marcos.J
  • 1 Post By Billy Kelly
  • 2 Post By angrymelon

Images missing from threads

Old 06-24-2019, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? Images missing from threads

I noticed while looking back at threads that I had previously posted images to, those images are now missing. Is there a retention period for how long images are kept, or some other reason why they no longer appear? I attempted to search and check the FAQ but wasn't able to find anything specific. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ryan
Old 06-25-2019, 05:00 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by angrymelon
I noticed while looking back at threads that I had previously posted images to, those images are now missing. Is there a retention period for how long images are kept, or some other reason why they no longer appear? I attempted to search and check the FAQ but wasn't able to find anything specific. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ryan
it depends on who was hosting the pictures I know photobucket changed not too long ago from free hosting to paid hosting so a lot of images that were posted when photobucket was free are all gone
DRTMI, Billy Kelly and IBJoel like this.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yup. About 3 years ago. I had only figured out posting pictures for maybe 6 months when photobucket changed. Lost a number.

DRTMI likes this.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I use this for chrome (work requires me to use chrome ): https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...bifiaedg?hl=en

This for firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...=1561474604119
Old 06-25-2019, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So I think I figured it out. Strangely enough, all of my old Photobucket images are still being posted within threads successfully. The missing images were the ones I had thought I was uploading directly to RCTech. Due to this, to make sure my assumption was correct, I went through the process of adding an image to this thread to see how it was being stored.mage to this thread to see where it was being saved. When I did that, it revealed that I had images saved previously. I was able to review those images and sure enough, those were the ones that were missing. Once each of those images successfully loaded, I was able to go back to the original thread and POOF! The images are now being displayed correctly in their posts.

So at this point I'm assuming the images get archived on a set periodicity, and by refreshing my gallery, it resurrected them The good news is, the images aren't actually lost. Thank you to all who took the time to respond to my inquiry.

-Ryan
ibobi and IBJoel like this.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Images missing from threads

anyone can run anything from a dos promt as long as they are familiar with command lines.

its the only way i can run d1x miner cuz i have to use the switch -nobm to run it at all.