Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

RCT Update: Master Adload/Browser Slow Down Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 03:08 AM
Tech Lord

Default RCT Update: Master Adload/Browser Slow Down Thread

Is it me or is the site slow? Loading pages takes some time...... I fear it has to do with the amount of advertising which is now also very irritating located between posts. Yes I know you have to live from it and that I can pay to get rid of it but as an active member I would nol like to read the posts betwen the advertisements if you know what I mean.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:24 PM
RETIRED -- DO NOT PM

Default RCT Update: Master Adload/Browser Slow Down Thread

Other users, including admins have reported that the new update is causing their browsers and computers to significantly slowdown. Post all the issues you've had concerning this here. This will allow us to better address your issues and provide you with information.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

my computer is really lagging on the new site I tried using both chrome and explorer also on my android phone I can view and threads when I click on them its just a error screen
Old 04-10-2018, 02:04 PM
RETIRED -- DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by Slap
my computer is really lagging on the new site I tried using both chrome and explorer also on my android phone I can view and threads when I click on them its just a error screen
Thanks for the info. We've previously reported the slowdown issue. Iphone/Safari mobile is working fine for me now, the fix for it happened around 1:30 PM PST. How long ago did you try using mobile on your Android?
Old 04-10-2018, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slap
try firefox
Old 04-10-2018, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
try firefox
You're recommending someone use a browser that won't display 25% of your ads. .... if that's the case... could we just ~not~ use those ads?
Old 04-10-2018, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nerobro
You're recommending someone use a browser that won't display 25% of your ads. .... if that's the case... could we just ~not~ use those ads?

with firefox i still see an ad
Old 04-10-2018, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Now you're making me install firefox at home, too. *shakes head* And.. they come up at home. Awesome. (that's a deeply sarcastic awesome.. so we're clear)

The page took 15 seconds to load, most of it was dns queries. The ads on the right side are averaging between 50 and 600k/s. Which is.. kinda nutty. They also reload if you scroll to the top, or bottom.

I'm on a 20 megabit connection here.

Old 04-10-2018, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

The ads cycle oddly, they typically show the same ad stacked. Here's some typical bandwidth. The first, example is with rctech open, and an ad mitigator running. The second is just bare mozilla firefox, same page open both times.

DRTMI likes this.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Add me to the list of getting irritated with the new slow pages. On my work PC, so I am locked into IE, with no add blocker.

Pages are taking way too long to load, and even better, once the page is loaded, I will scroll down thro a few posts, and the page will lock IE up for 5-30 seconds. Nothing works, not even swapping tabs. The whole IE window will just freeze

Ok, this is my first post with the new software, and this is really annoying.. about every 10 or 15 charters, it will lag about 1-2 seconds on my typing... I am not a great touch type'r, so the typos this generates is huge... LOL, not. Even better, if I keep typing during the lag, my cursor will often come back in the middle of the lag typed cherters.

Jerry
Old 04-11-2018, 09:15 AM
Tech Lord

Now the forum manual does not show up it looks a bit faster. Still I can see is that the page is reasonable fast but the advertisements are loading slower and also because they are popping up between posts shifting up the layout and when all is loaded the page becomes available to scroll down.

I am running Win7 with IE11 on a Dual (watercooled) Opteron64 with 16Gb memory, 4x 136gb SAS drives and a nVidia Quadro K5000, for sure no slow PC.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:47 AM
RETIRED -- DO NOT PM

Thanks for all the information guys. Tech is working on the slowing as we speak. There seems to have been an improvement since yesterday, at least.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For most part it looks similar to before. Thread titles aren’t compressed to one side. Posts still have much larger print then before. Site still has a jerky movement, best way I can describe it. Haven’t tried clicking on any pictures yet to see if the enlarge or just go black screen.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:05 AM
RETIRED -- DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
For most part it looks similar to before. Thread titles aren’t compressed to one side. Posts still have much larger print then before. Site still has a jerky movement, best way I can describe it. Haven’t tried clicking on any pictures yet to see if the enlarge or just go black screen.
You can go into your settings and disable infinite scroll, maybe that's contributing to the jerkiness. go to the User Control Panel click “settings” on the left and there will be a setting to disable “Infinite Scrolling”.

Image issue has been resolved, no more black screen.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IBThomas
You can go into your settings and disable infinite scroll, maybe that's contributing to the jerkiness. go to the User Control Panel click “settings” on the left and there will be a setting to disable “Infinite Scrolling”.

Image issue has been resolved, no more black screen.

disabling infinite scroll was first thing done. Made high difference. I can deal with what I’ve got.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.