Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > R/C Tech Site Forum
Long time for post approval? >

Long time for post approval?

Like Tree1Likes

Long time for post approval?

Reply

Old 12-25-2017, 01:38 PM
  #1  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 174
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Long time for post approval?

I've been lurking for a while & recently posted in the electric off-road forum. (Hello me get (re) started). I've gotten done great tips from other members & tried responding but it seems my responses are never getting approved. Presumably because I'm a new member?

I can understand vetting new threads submitted by new members, but is it necessary to vet replies? It makes it kind of hard to have dialogue when it takes several days to post a response.
big ted is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 03:07 PM
  #2  
Administrator
 
IBobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 821
Default

Are you posting links?
IBobi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 08:05 AM
  #3  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (208)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 30,408
Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by big ted View Post
I've been lurking for a while & recently posted in the electric off-road forum. (Hello me get (re) started). I've gotten done great tips from other members & tried responding but it seems my responses are never getting approved. Presumably because I'm a new member?

I can understand vetting new threads submitted by new members, but is it necessary to vet replies? It makes it kind of hard to have dialogue when it takes several days to post a response.
they are approved now
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:26 PM
  #4  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Guelph, Ontatio Canada
Posts: 18
Default

Originally Posted by big ted View Post
I've been lurking for a while & recently posted in the electric off-road forum. (Hello me get (re) started). I've gotten done great tips from other members & tried responding but it seems my responses are never getting approved. Presumably because I'm a new member?

I can understand vetting new threads submitted by new members, but is it necessary to vet replies? It makes it kind of hard to have dialogue when it takes several days to post a response.
Interesting. My posts are sitting in limbo as well. I post on several other RC forums and got up to speed quicker. Hopefully I can get my training wheels off soon.
Zoodles95 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:06 PM
  #5  
Administrator
 
IBobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 821
Default

Originally Posted by Zoodles95 View Post
Interesting. My posts are sitting in limbo as well. I post on several other RC forums and got up to speed quicker. Hopefully I can get my training wheels off soon.
If they are smaller, slower forums, they may not have to contend with the spam we do here, which is the reason for the training wheels
IBobi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 02:52 PM
  #6  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 5
Default Posts not uploading??

It seems that I'm experiencing these same results whenever I try to post anything on the site as well. I'll make a post, but when I go to submit it, it says my posts need to be approved by a moderator. My posts haven't included any spam related content that I'm aware of. Any help to get me to be able to post up on the site would be appreciated, thanks..
DBLTRBL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 04:52 AM
  #7  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (208)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 30,408
Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Zoodles95 View Post
Interesting. My posts are sitting in limbo as well. I post on several other RC forums and got up to speed quicker. Hopefully I can get my training wheels off soon.
Originally Posted by DBLTRBL View Post
It seems that I'm experiencing these same results whenever I try to post anything on the site as well. I'll make a post, but when I go to submit it, it says my posts need to be approved by a moderator. My posts haven't included any spam related content that I'm aware of. Any help to get me to be able to post up on the site would be appreciated, thanks..
i dont see any of your post that need approval
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:46 AM
  #8  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 3
Default

hi
new here.
was hoping to get some help about a servo issue and tried posting but so far has been approved. wondering how long i need to wait. could i get this post approved please.
cheers
Kurosan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:59 AM
  #9  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (208)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 30,408
Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kurosan View Post
hi
new here.
was hoping to get some help about a servo issue and tried posting but so far has been approved. wondering how long i need to wait. could i get this post approved please.
cheers
its approved
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:22 AM
  #10  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 887
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Why are posts needing approval? New to me ...
WagwanBumba is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:00 PM
  #11  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (208)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 30,408
Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba View Post
Why are posts needing approval? New to me ...
when is a new account and usually their first few post
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:25 PM
  #12  
Administrator
 
IBobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 821
Default

regular posts do not/should not need approval. But when they post links right out of the gate, we have a spam guard.
IBobi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:57 PM
  #13  
Tech Master
iTrader: (105)
 
cadillac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,842
Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default

hello.

i made a for sale post and i don't see it anywhere on the site. i have some other posts up but not my most recent one. i have been a member here for awhile with a high trader rating and over 1k posts. is it getting flagged because i am using photobucket for hosting images and in turn using the img tag with a link here on the forum? otherwise i can't seem to figure out whats up. the post was here in the am when i first posted it but now it is gone. the particular post im referencing is a sale ad for an sc10b.

thank you in advance.
cadillac

edit: i am sorry if i posted this question in the wrong thread....
cadillac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:06 PM
  #14  
RETIRED -- DO NOT PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 232
Default

Originally Posted by cadillac View Post
hello.

i made a for sale post and i don't see it anywhere on the site. i have some other posts up but not my most recent one. i have been a member here for awhile with a high trader rating and over 1k posts. is it getting flagged because i am using photobucket for hosting images and in turn using the img tag with a link here on the forum? otherwise i can't seem to figure out whats up. the post was here in the am when i first posted it but now it is gone. the particular post im referencing is a sale ad for an sc10b.

thank you in advance.
cadillac

edit: i am sorry if i posted this question in the wrong thread....
Is this your ad? Custom Built Team Associated Factory Team SC10B Short Course Buggy - AE SC10 SC FT

The photobucket links may be triggering something funky. You can always directly upload images from your device. I've circled in red where you can upload your images.








IBThomas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:47 PM
  #15  
Tech Master
iTrader: (105)
 
cadillac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,842
Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by IBThomas View Post
Is this your ad? Custom Built Team Associated Factory Team SC10B Short Course Buggy - AE SC10 SC FT

The photobucket links may be triggering something funky. You can always directly upload images from your device. I've circled in red where you can upload your images.
yes that is my post. it appeared before you answered my question but i wanted to see what an admins thoughts were on the issue. i have tried using the forum hosting service but it never works out right. my post doesn't post and then the interface lags heavily. its weird....you all must have made some changes here because the site is very laggy and buggy sometimes. i usually just write my posts on word or notepad and then cut and paste. regardless i really appreciate the site and all the things the admins and mods do here. this forum is a cornucopia of information.

thank you for your help thomas.
IBobi likes this.
cadillac is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service