Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hunternaf
very encouraging Jagman1 thanks I had lot sight of the veil being torn
Glory be to GOD.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default Kingdom Winners

And may God continue to bless all of you too.
A young Christian (in age) walked up to an elder and asked, (this is not a joke it happened at our Nehemiah mens night just the other day, we need to pay very close attention to how Nehemiah responds in Neh 1:4).
And he asked " since we go for the opposing teams do you want to have a wager on the football friday night". The elder paused then replied "I'm not a gambling man but ill tell you what, which ever team loses the person has to pray 100 prayers, and which ever team wins that person also has to pray 100 prayers" and the deal was settled.
Everyone's a winner on this one, as we lift up our voices to heaven and then see the miraculous take place.
Blesd you guys and girl's again.
Steve.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jagman1
And may God continue to bless all of you too.
A young Christian (in age) walked up to an elder and asked, (this is not a joke it happened at our Nehemiah mens night just the other day, we need to pay very close attention to how Nehemiah responds in Neh 1:4).
And he asked " since we go for the opposing teams do you want to have a wager on the football friday night". The elder paused then replied "I'm not a gambling man but ill tell you what, which ever team loses the person has to pray 100 prayers, and which ever team wins that person also has to pray 100 prayers" and the deal was settled.
Everyone's a winner on this one, as we lift up our voices to heaven and then see the miraculous take place.
Blesd you guys and girl's again.
Steve.
^^^^ Love this in RED.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Default Why We Dont Pray ................

Why Christians Don’t Pray

We don’t believe (Hebrews 11:6, Romans 10:14). The Bible says, “He that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.” (Hebrews 11:6). We must really believe “He is” or we will never come to Him in prayer. If we don’t come to Him in prayer we inevitably don’t really believe.
We don’t believe God will hear or answer our prayers. We either don’t believe He is able to answer our prayer, our request is to big for Him, He can’t handle it, He’s too far removed (transcendent), or He doesn’t really care enough to intervene on our behalf.

Paul wrote, “How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed” (Romans 10:14)? We are unable or unmotivated to call on Him because of our unbelief. Think about it, if we knew if we asked Him for something right now He would grant it, would we not go to Him in prayer? Of course, any of us would.

Let me encourage you, nothing is too hard or difficult for Him (Ephesians 3:20, Genesis 18:14, Job 42:2, Jeremiah 32:17 & 27, Luke 1:37, Matthew 19:25-26). God does care and desires to meet our every need (1 Peter 5:7, Philippians 4:19). We must correct our thinking and then we will be free to seek Him in prayer (Proverbs 23:7a).

The weakness of our flesh (Mark 14:37-38). “The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak” (Mark 14:38). Our flesh is opposed to anything spiritual and will fight us all the way. Paul said, “For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh, for these are in contrary to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please” (Galatians 5:17). If you want to see how weak your flesh is try praying for an entire hour (Mark 14:37).
We lack spiritual discipline. We may be saved, sanctified and Spirit-Filled, but without discipline we will never spend quality time with God in prayer. The Psalmist wrote, “Delight yourself in the Lord; And He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He will bring it to pass” (Psalms 37:4-5).
Notice the verses says, “Delight yourself in the Lord, commit your way to the Lord.” Many have the desire to pray but never get around to it. We may delight in the Lord and desire to spend time with Him but it takes commitment and discipline if we are to follow through on our desire and spend time with Him in prayer. No one ever spends regular quality time in prayer without commitment and discipline.

We must have a resolve that nothing will get in our way of spending time with God. It will help to set apart a specific time for daily prayer. Once we get use to it, it will become easier and easier. It is important that we don’t give up if we happen to fall short and miss a day. If you miss one day just take up where you left off the next day and keep pressing on.

We’ve left our first love. Jesus said to the church of Ephesus, “I have this against you, that you have left your first love. Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent” (Revelation 2:4). We no longer have that enjoyment of God’s presence we once had. We have left our first love and must return. “Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him” (Psalms 34:8).
Like many couples, we start off loving spending time with each other and as time goes on we let the fire die out and spend less and less time with each other. At the beginning of the relationship nothing could keep us apart. It’s the same with our relationship with God. We have forgotten that “in Your (His) presence is fullness of joy; at Your (His) right hand there are pleasures forever” (Psalms 16:11).

We don’t want God to interfere. Hudson Taylor said “Whenever we truly get alone with God, He’ll deal with our lives.” When we get alone with God in prayer, we put ourself in a place for God to work in our life.
Like the rich young ruler He begins to put His finger on things in our life (Matthew 19:16-22). Not to spend time in prayer shows we are unwilling for God to mess around in our life. Let’s expose ourself to Him in prayer allowing Him to do what He desires in us. We will be the better for it.

There’s sin in our life. John Bunyon said, “Prayer will make a man cease from sin as sin will entice a man to cease from prayer.” Think about it, when we have had failure in any area, we are less likely to spend quality time with God. It’s usually on our part. We feel guilty and unworthy and unmotivated to approach Him. This is why we must keep ourself in right standing and immediately make things right with Him when we have failed (1 John 1:5-9).
Actually, when we have failed, the first thing we should do is boldly run into His presence. The Bible says, “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need” (Hebrews 4:16).

Notice, we are to approach the throne of grace with boldness in order to obtain mercy and find grace. To obtain mercy denotes we have messed up in someway and therefore we are in need of mercy. When we have failed, let’s boldly run to Him instead of running away from Him.

Laziness. Prayer is often laborious. It was said of Epaphras that he was “always labouring fervently for you in prayers” (Colossians 4:12). Prayer takes effort and work if we are praying as we ought. Paul requested of the Romans, “I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ’s sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in your prayers to God for me” (Romans 15:30). We must strive in prayer to God. Therefore, our lack of prayer is often the result of laziness.
We are exhorted, “not slothful (lazy or sluggish) in business, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord” (Romans 12:11). “That ye be not slothful (lazy or sluggish), but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises” (Hebrews 6:12). Prayer demands thought, concentration, effort, resolve and persistence. Let’s discipline ourselves in seeking the face of God. Isaiah cried, “There is none that calleth upon Thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of Thee” (Isaiah 64:7). Let’s stir ourselves to lay hold of God with all we have within us.

We don’t prioritize prayer. We don’t have time to pray or more accurately, we don’t make time to pray. Other things take priority over prayer. This is proof of idolatry (1 John 5:21). We are to “seek first His kingdom and His righteousness” (Matthew 6:33).
Even those in full time ministry let things sneak in to rob us from spending quality time with God in prayer – sermon preparation, visitation, church administration, counseling, etc. These things are often spiritual in nature. Nothing should take priority over time with the Lord. Martin Luther said, “I have so much to do that I shall have to spend the first three hours in prayer.”

We become discouraged. Jesus said, “Men ought always to pray, and not to faint” (Luke 18:1). We can often become fainthearted when we don’t see the results to our prayers right away. We get discouraged and give up.
Jesus goes on to teach us a parable of a widow who goes to an unjust judge seeking help. The judge seems to ignore and refuse to listen to her. She is undaunted by his refusal and relentlessly continues going to him with her request until he says, “Though I do not fear God nor regard man, yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me” (Luke 18:4-5).

Jesus went on to say, “Hear what the unjust judge said. And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth” (Luke 18:6-8)?

Jesus is challenging us in this parable not to ever give up. Though the answer to our prayer does not come immediately, we are to continue seeking God until we see the results we are seeking. This persistence in prayer is the type of faith God is looking for in His people.

We lack the spirit of prayer. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Prayer. Paul wrote, “You have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption whereby we cry out, Abba, Father” (Romans 8:15). “Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, “Abba, Father” (Galatians 4:6).
When we are adopted into the family of God through the new birth, God’s Spirit begins to reside within us and cries out to the Father in prayer. If we do not have a sense of the Holy Spirit crying out to God from within us we may not have received His Spirit through the new birth.

If we have been born again and we aren’t stirred by the Spirit of prayer, perhaps we need a fresh charge of this Spirit of Prayer or we need to be filled anew with the Holy Ghost. Let’s ask God to fill us afresh and anew with His Holy Spirit. When we are filled with the Holy Ghost, we will find the Spirit of God crying out from within us in prayer and praise.

Disciplining ourselves with time in God’s Word and prayer will help to rekindle this in our life (Ephesians 5:18-19 and Colossians 3:16). I have noticed, the more time I spend in prayer, the more I sense the Holy Spirit crying out from within me to God.

Prayer: Father, forgive me for my lack of faith, for letting things take priority over spending time with You, for being negligent in my prayer life, and becoming faint hearted. Please fill me with Your Holy Spirit and help me to seek You in prayer as I should. In Jesus’ name, Amen!
Old 10-03-2017, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Default Praying for LV

When cant imagine the pain and hurt the families are feeling at this time, my wife is friends of a friend that knows a couple that got shot. The husband may not walk again but the wife is now gone and with the LORD.

59 souls are gone with that their are 59 families that may come up to the hundreds of people that this will affect.

Father GOD we lift up the families, love ones and friend that be with heavy hearts and pain.

Father bless them with your comfort and let us not lean on to our understand, Please grant these families with the provision that is needed and favor in the days to come, but most of all healing.

In Jesus name AMEN
Old 10-03-2017, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Default .

Amen.
Yes Lord, and as we bring our brothers, sisters and all those who have lost loved ones, who have been injured or have been affected by this tragedy to you, That in uncertain times, you will provide a sense of certainty, that Lord you wiĺl place gentelness and kindness upon their hearts, Dear God, where their world now appears void and without form, that you will send your peace into that place, And Father when they call out and cry out to you, Why God why, that you will comfort their hearts, their souls and their spirits with grace with mercy and with your love.
In Jesus name we pray.
Amen
Old 10-04-2017, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Amen.
Yes Lord, and as we bring our brothers, sisters and all those who have lost loved ones, who have been injured or have been affected by this tragedy to you, That in uncertain times, you will provide a sense of certainty, that Lord you wiĺl place gentelness and kindness upon their hearts, Dear God, where their world now appears void and without form, that you will send your peace into that place, And Father when they call out and cry out to you, Why God why, that you will comfort their hearts, their souls and their spirits with grace with mercy and with your love.
In Jesus name we pray.
Amen
AMEN, AMEN and AMEN my Brother.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Default ** PRAYER ROOM **

This is a *Prayer Room * very surprise only 1 person cared to post a prayer for LV.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I also have prayed for family members of those left behind, but I just did not post it here or anywhere for that matter, I do pray for our nation (and my children) to realize how much they need to have a relationship with God, it may not stop evil but at least it makes it tolerable knowing after our time here we have an chance at experiencing Gods perfect experience if we make the right choice now, but not because we deserve it, but because someone else has paid the price
Old 10-06-2017, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hunternaf
I also have prayed for family members of those left behind, but I just did not post it here or anywhere for that matter, I do pray for our nation (and my children) to realize how much they need to have a relationship with God, it may not stop evil but at least it makes it tolerable knowing after our time here we have an chance at experiencing Gods perfect experience if we make the right choice now, but not because we deserve it, but because someone else has paid the price
Amen my Brother very well said.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Default Something to think about ................

Daniel 3:16 for reference

Standing before the most powerful king on earth, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego had a decision to make. Obeying the king would be directly disobeying God's command to have no other gods. Disobeying the king would land them in a burning furnace. They were caught between The Rock and a hard place.

King Nebuchadnezzar had built a golden idol ninety feet high and commanded everyone in his kingdom to bow down and worship it. Three Israelites refused and told him that God was able to deliver them, but even if He did not, they would not serve his god. When faced with evil and certain destruction, they chose to trust God and they stood strong in their faith. In the end, God did deliver them and they were promoted.

When in the darkness, it's not time to whine, but time to shine. When you have done all that you can, stand, and believe that God will take care of the rest. And even if He does not, you will do what is right. In the end, you will find that God always does what is best for you. Be calm, be patient, God is not dead, and this too will pass. If you do go into the furnace, God will meet you there.

Prayer: Heavenly Father I thank you for everything that You have done for me. Help me to stand strong when faced with adversity. Help me make the right decisions and be the one that you called me to be, in the name of Jesus Christ I pray.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:19 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah Come On and Amen
I will fall to my knees lift my hands up high and praise the Lord our God through all things.
Its like what Hunter said. The one on One time with God in prayer, knowing that He paid the price, and coming together in corporate prayer are some of the things that strengthen us and allow us to know Him better.
These 3 boys knew God and their foundation was Rock solid.

Dear Father increase our knowledge, our strength and our faith so that we are built upon the solid Foundation, So that when the wind blows and the storms beat upon us we do not fall. Equipe us like a tree who's roots go deep along the water, and when the heat and drought come we do not whither and we know it not, But that our leaves shall remain green and we shall continue to bear fruit. For we shall not bow down and worship false gods or idols.
Dear God and the King of kings, the Lord of lords you are the one who we praise and worship through all things.
In Jesus name, Amen.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Yeah Come On and Amen
I will fall to my knees lift my hands up high and praise the Lord our God through all things.
Its like what Hunter said. The one on One time with God in prayer, knowing that He paid the price, and coming together in corporate prayer are some of the things that strengthen us and allow us to know Him better.
These 3 boys knew God and their foundation was Rock solid.

Dear Father increase our knowledge, our strength and our faith so that we are built upon the solid Foundation, So that when the wind blows and the storms beat upon us we do not fall. Equipe us like a tree who's roots go deep along the water, and when the heat and drought come we do not whither and we know it not, But that our leaves shall remain green and we shall continue to bear fruit. For we shall not bow down and worship false gods or idols.
Dear God and the King of kings, the Lord of lords you are the one who we praise and worship through all things.
In Jesus name, Amen.
Amen !!!! my Brother AMEN
Old 10-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Default Overcome by Fear

This was place on my heart to post this here, This is for someone on RCTECH and also for myself to remember those moments in life that see to hit me out of no where, that I still have a Savior that cares.

Overcome by Fear

Fear drives out faith, disconnecting us from Jesus. Jesus is a gentleman, so He does not tarry where He is not trusted. He does not remain where He is not wanted, and He does not negotiate to be needed.
Faith is exhausted in the face of overwhelming fear.

This is especially true when your chronic fear relates to money. Money more than anything can make you myopic, enticing you to focus on your need rather than your faith in GOD. You get so consumed by the current crisis that you forget your anchor in the Almighty GOD.

Your desire for money or your fear of not having enough may be killing you. However focus on money is a symptom of something else beneath the surface of your fears. Money is not the answer Jesus is the dependable security you desire.

Do not dismiss prayer and patience just because you feel out of control. This is where you are tempted to behave like an atheist. You say the right things ……… you believe in GOD , He is in control and you trust Him …….. but your behavior betrays your beliefs. You act like an unbeliever when your actions marginalize your Master.

When the bottom falls out let your faith in the Lord be your mainstay “Be still and know that I am God” ( Psalm 46:10).
This is when you need Him the most so be wise and ask gentle Jesus to remain with you when all hell breaks loose. Satan loves to see you alone He wants you to battle him in your own strength He wins when Jesus is run off and fear drives your irrational actions.

Fear keeps you looking over your shoulder in doubt. And all while your savior is right beside you waiting to be your calming force. Do not drive Him away in denial rise up from under your load of care and come to Christ look to Him for perspective and patience. Don’t panic but exorcise your overwhelming fear with Faith.

Last edited by BigC2007; 10-07-2017 at 07:10 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.