R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > R/C Racers 4 Christ

Like Tree23Likes

Old 07-26-2017, 12:45 AM   #106
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to MBD000

What's the consensus......

We are saved by doing good works (Catholic)
or
We do good works because we are saved (Protestant)
MBD000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:13 AM   #107
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBD000 View Post
What's the consensus......

We are saved by doing good works (Catholic)
or
We do good works because we are saved (Protestant)
MBD good question but being a believe in Christ for both Christians and Catholic if it was all about good works then what Jesus did on the cross was worthless.

When it comes to the subject of “salvation and good works,” there are two serious errors that plague the church. One is that of Roman Catholicism, which teaches that in order to gain enough merit for salvation, we must add our good works to what Christ did on the cross. Under this view, you can never know for sure whether or not you are saved, because there is no way to check your “merit balance” to see if you’ve stored up enough. So you have to keep adding good works in the hope of gaining eternal life. Under Roman Catholic teaching, a person could never say what Paul says in Ephesians 2:8, “you have been saved.”

The other error, which is more pervasive in evangelical circles, is that good works have no connection whatsoever with salvation. This view teaches that since we are saved by grace through faith alone, a person may believe in Christ as Savior, but there may not be a life of good works to follow. A person may pray the sinner’s prayer and profess to believe in Jesus as his Savior. Later he may profess to be an atheist and live in gross sin, but he will be in heaven because he made a decision to receive Christ. This view fails to realize that salvation requires God’s raising a sinner from death to life, which inevitably results in a changed life. It divorces repentance from saving faith and teaches that saving faith is simply believing the facts of the gospel. Submitting to Christ as Lord of your life may follow salvation, but it is not a necessary aspect of saving faith, according to this error.

Ephesians 2:10 succinctly answers both of these errors. Paul is explaining (“For”) the previous two verses, where he has said that we have been saved by grace through faith, apart from any works on our part. It is all the gift of God, so that He alone gets all the glory.

Remember that when your saved and blessed with the holy spirit it will turn the religion mind set into a relationship.

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
BigC2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:49 AM   #108
Tech Master

Default Struggle Spiritually

If you been a believer for anytime then you will know at times we will Struggle Spiritually. So as I pray for myself I would like you to pray for me as well also anyone else that may read this that get caught up in this struggle.

Today is one of them days for myself that I pray when I get up and praise HIM for all but devotion time and reading the word is at a low.

Let me ask you… As a Believer in Yeshua the Messiah and as a member of the Body of Christ, are you perfect? No, this is not a trick question. While you have been made new in Jesus Christ who atoned for all of your imperfections, you are still a human being for as long as you live on the earth. You are covered in God’s endless, unconditional grace and mercy, but… You still make mistakes. You mess things up. You are still maturing as a Believer day-by-day. That’s why it’s so important for every Believer to explore the important theme of spiritual growth that we find throughout the Bible. For example, Psalm 139:23-24 reads: “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my concerns. See if there is any offensive way in me; lead me in the everlasting way.” As Believers, we are constantly being called to become more Christ-like in our thoughts, hearts, minds, and actions. The only way to continue in this process of sanctification is to first identify and acknowledge the areas in which we are weakest. Only then can we deepen our relationship with our Savior and allow Him to shape us more after His own heart. But before you remind yourself of all your weak spots and start beating yourself up, you need to understand ONE THING:

You Are a New Creation… and Nothing Can Separate You from God’s Love!
As you start to think about the areas of your life God desires to help you grow in, it is important that you first understand that spiritual growth has absolutely nothing to do with:

Your salvation in Christ…
How much God loves you…
How long you’ve been a Believer…
How much you know about the Bible…
Or how many religious activities you’re involved in…
The truth is, from the moment you accepted Jesus as your Savior and Lord, you were made right with God. He loves you unconditionally, and just because you struggle with areas of spiritual weakness does not mean you are any less of a Believer or any less cherished by your Heavenly Father. What this does mean is that because you accepted Yeshua, Jesus, you have been called to grow in your faith and become more like Him until the day you leave this world or see Messiah’s return. This is not some mystical or emotional process that happens overnight. There is no secret formula to the spiritual growth your heart desires. The key to continuing this lifelong process of growth starts simply with you answering this question:

Just as God has blessed you with specific Godly characteristics and gifts you are strong in, there are other areas of your spiritual life that you would like to improve in. Maybe you wish you were more hospitable to others… Maybe you struggle to give thanks and be grateful for all your blessings… Maybe you feel like you lose your patience too easily… Whatever area you feel weakest in, that is where God wants to grow you and make you more like Him. Through His power, God can use every part of you to glorify His name, even your weaknesses. And the first step in starting that process of spiritual growth and allowing God to strengthen you is to simply confess your greatest area of weakness!

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:16 AM   #109
Tech Master

Default An Inspirational Prayer

Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow; the same everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day.

Either He will shield you from suffering, or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace, then. Put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations, and say continually: "The Lord is my strength and my shield. My heart has trusted in Him and I am helped. He is not only with me but in me, and I in Him."
hunternaf likes this.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:43 AM   #110
Tech Master

We need the

Mighty Power of God

working in us

to

receive the

revelation and motivation

needed to

transform us

into

Mighty men of God.

We may feel attacked, hindered, and restrained,

But Paul tells us in Ephesians 6:10 KJV,

"Be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might."

Then Paul gives us

SECRETS

to winning our battles.

Paul explains

the supernatural pieces of

The Full Armor of God

that we need to wear every day.

I encourage you to stand up

and

put on those pieces of armor afresh and anew.

Let's rededicate our life to truth,

righteousness,

the salvation of God,

the peace of God,

faith in God

and

the sword of the spirit which is the Bible.

For these are the pieces of our armor.

Old 08-10-2017, 08:26 AM   #111
Tech Master

Default Powerful skit

Even though this is now 10 years old this is still one of the most powerful skits done. Just goes to show that if you are struggling with life and what life will or has brought you, JESUS !!! is still there to take the issues of life away if we just summit and run back to him !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VGwVtYxEy8

Old 08-10-2017, 05:17 PM   #112
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

very cool video
hunternaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:57 PM   #113
Tech Master

Have you ever needed supernatural strength to face a situation head-on, but not known what to pray? God is waiting and wants to offer us strength in time of need. Do not be afraid to pray and ask God for His strength to fall upon you! When you are weak, weary or unready to stand.

Lord, I’m weary. My energy is sagging, and my motivation is lagging. And I am so in need of you. I need your strength and your fresh touch to get back on track again. Your Word says the joy of the Lord is my strength. If that's true, then I need your joy to replace all the bone-tired parts of my mind, body, and soul.

The pressures of life sometimes push me into a corner, rendering me helpless to move forward. A hundred voices call my name, and I feel paralyzed at times to answer, not knowing where to turn. Lord, help me not to quit, to keep running the race faithfully, and to find strength in that safe, secret place of yours, under the shadow of the Almighty.

I need your strength to say no when I'm tempted to surrender to harmful things, or when selfishness clings to my clothes and won't let go. I need your strength to say yes, when cowardice and fear nudge me to deny the convictions of my heart. I need your strength to reach out in love to those both close to me and all around me.

In JESUS name Amen, Amen and Amen.
hunternaf likes this.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:22 AM   #114
Tech Master

Default Weekend Prayer

Father God,

Bless those that will read this prayer today, that they have a blessed, safe and peaceful weekend. Bless their families, kids and friends. If they attend church this Sunday bless them with a WORD from you just for them and that no matter what the weekend brings they will seek you and give you all the glory because glory is for you only.

In Jesus name AMEN !

Old 08-19-2017, 09:54 PM   #115
Tech Regular

thank you for the blessing, and I will ask for you to be blessed also
Old 08-20-2017, 09:11 PM   #116
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunternaf View Post
thank you for the blessing, and I will ask for you to be blessed also
THANK YOU Brother Hunter I think out of 2516 view's you are only one that prays for me and others !

Old 08-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #117
Tech Master

Default Pray for this Brother

Just WOW this Brother (christian rapper Sevin)

Keep him in prayer he speak the truth in his music and life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y3726GH40E

Old 08-21-2017, 08:24 PM   #118
Tech Regular

prayers work, kinda like a guest the other day finished dinner and mentions the only thing that could have made it better was some onion on her burger????? after its gone its hard to do, like if this thread ends will I not get an important message from my creator... God uses you Big C to get his message to the rest of us
Old 08-22-2017, 07:33 AM   #119
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunternaf View Post
prayers work, kinda like a guest the other day finished dinner and mentions the only thing that could have made it better was some onion on her burger????? after its gone its hard to do, like if this thread ends will I not get an important message from my creator... God uses you Big C to get his message to the rest of us
Thank you my Brother I will keep posting as long as GOD directs me, its Brothers like you that give me the encouragement to read, look up and seek GOD not for myself but how to be a blessing to others.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:55 AM   #120
Tech Master

Default Brother RC Racer

A Brother RC Racer ( Brother Earl) needs our prayers. He is going through health issues and awaiting a number of test. Lets lift him up and pray that he gets back all good doctor reports and is healed by our Lord and Saviors strips and covered by His blood.

Can I get a Amen.