Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > R/C Racers 4 Christ
How to balance with hobbie and God >

How to balance with hobbie and God

How to balance with hobbie and God

Reply

Old 04-26-2016, 09:14 AM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 421
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default How to balance with hobbie and God

i started this hobbie in rc racing almost 1yr now.i love the hobbie but it distracts me from God and my wife.i want to know how you rc guys balance with rc and God and wife?
eddosi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:17 AM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
BigC2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,638
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by eddosi View Post
i started this hobbie in rc racing almost 1yr now.i love the hobbie but it distracts me from God and my wife.i want to know how you rc guys balance with rc and God and wife?
Like anything and everything in life must have a balance my brother and itís very easy to get distractive from things we need to prioritize in our life. But GOD our Father should always come 1st.
One thing to keep in mind and heart that is GOD is with us always, at work, at play, while we are being husbands, fathers, brothers, uncles, grand fathers and so much more that we are to be accountable for.

Now I can only account for myself when it comes to RC racing and that is I always pray to myself during racing or just having fun out on the track, I keep GOD on my mind because HE is in me and I try to be in HIM (please note I said TRY). When we are born again we are blessed with the holy spirit and the holy spirit is in us ALWAYS so no matter what we are doing we ALWAYS have that connections.

And GOD wants us to have fun and enjoy our lifeís and hobbies but also HE wants us to always acknowledges HIM 1st thing in the mornings, throughout the day and at night remember youíre in a relationship with HIM and it just takes 1 min out of your time to let HIM know you love HIM and give thanks.
BigC2007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:33 PM
  #3  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 421
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

thanks for the advice bigc.i will try to make Jesus first because he deserve all praise.he is our lord and creator.
Originally Posted by BigC2007 View Post
Like anything and everything in life must have a balance my brother and itís very easy to get distractive from things we need to prioritize in our life. But GOD our Father should always come 1st.
One thing to keep in mind and heart that is GOD is with us always, at work, at play, while we are being husbands, fathers, brothers, uncles, grand fathers and so much more that we are to be accountable for.

Now I can only account for myself when it comes to RC racing and that is I always pray to myself during racing or just having fun out on the track, I keep GOD on my mind because HE is in me and I try to be in HIM (please note I said TRY). When we are born again we are blessed with the holy spirit and the holy spirit is in us ALWAYS so no matter what we are doing we ALWAYS have that connections.

And GOD wants us to have fun and enjoy our lifeís and hobbies but also HE wants us to always acknowledges HIM 1st thing in the mornings, throughout the day and at night remember youíre in a relationship with HIM and it just takes 1 min out of your time to let HIM know you love HIM and give thanks.
eddosi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:58 PM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
BigC2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,638
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by eddosi View Post
thanks for the advice bigc.i will try to make Jesus first because he deserve all praise.he is our lord and creator.
Amen, Amen and Amen eddosi and here is something to think about ....... I feel the reason you started this post or ask the question is because GOD is longing for you, HE want to spend just a little more time with you so HE is calling out to you.

Just for you to think about HIM and wanting or asking about balancing your life and time with GOD shows that you have a care and concern about time with HIM.

Even if its 2, 3 or just 5 mins a day means the world to HIM because HE loves you more then you will ever know.
BigC2007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:49 PM
  #5  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 421
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

thankyou bigc you really incourage me.God loves me and i really need to realize that.
Originally Posted by BigC2007 View Post
Amen, Amen and Amen eddosi and here is something to think about ....... I feel the reason you started this post or ask the question is because GOD is longing for you, HE want to spend just a little more time with you so HE is calling out to you.

Just for you to think about HIM and wanting or asking about balancing your life and time with GOD shows that you have a care and concern about time with HIM.

Even if its 2, 3 or just 5 mins a day means the world to HIM because HE loves you more then you will ever know.
eddosi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:53 PM
  #6  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
BigC2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,638
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by eddosi View Post
thankyou bigc you really incourage me.God loves me and i really need to realize that.
No thanks needed Bro, that is what we are for to uplift each other sharpen each other. We are family Brothers in Christ, I feel that we ALL dont really know the depth of the love GOD has for us.

If you ever need prayer or anything please let me know.
BigC2007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:26 PM
  #7  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Carlisle In.
Posts: 372
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

participating in rc is part of my daily walk with god, I have THR stickers on my rc cars and need to act like a christian while racing, no dirty driving, no cussing or throwing fits, help others, no sunday racing (well almost never) and set a good example, and profess the truth when ever I have a chance, after a particularly good run give god the glory, do not become obsessed, we are just playing with toy cars, and wear a THR shirt for good measure
hunternaf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 07:22 AM
  #8  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
BigC2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,638
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hunternaf View Post
participating in rc is part of my daily walk with god, I have THR stickers on my rc cars and need to act like a christian while racing, no dirty driving, no cussing or throwing fits, help others, no sunday racing (well almost never) and set a good example, and profess the truth when ever I have a chance, after a particularly good run give god the glory, do not become obsessed, we are just playing with toy cars, and wear a THR shirt for good measure
Hunter good stuff Bro, its funny because you never know who is watching your every word or move and more so if you claim to be a christian. Its like as soon as you say or do something that is not christian like you are judged! I will give GOD praise for a good run or race I will be there for other racers in time of need and one day I was ask ........... Clint you dont cuss, smoke, or drink and always have this peace about you why ??? and that is what I can point to the sky and say its all because of HIM !!
BigC2007 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:46 PM
  #9  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 56
Default

To the original poster - I know how you feel, we've all been there, and some (me) are still struggling to find balance with hobbies, family, and God.

Have been thinking about talking with my youth pastor about starting a RC club for children and adults in our church.

Started tweaking one of my RC's into something my wife would like to drive. She has no interest in this hobby, however, she loves God, guns, and the colors pink/purple. So one of my stadium trucks is getting done in those colors with a beetle body.

Also, I now take my children out with me, and got my son a Dromida Wasteland for his 5th birthday a few weeks ago. He loves it, but feel it was the wrong choice. Should have gotten him a crawler because he likes to pile dirt, rocks and other various stuff into large mounds that he insists on driving over.

You could also pray before each bash / race session.
AlaskanDad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:42 AM
  #10  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (61)
 
tmail55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: TN Mountains!!
Posts: 3,296
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

no Sunday racing

Jesus went were the lost are!
tmail55 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:03 PM
  #11  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Carlisle In.
Posts: 372
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Good Point Tmail, PS I placed 2cnd for the first time in years today, thanks for all the THR prayers for our members to have a good showing, or maybe thats something I can add to my prayers
hunternaf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:06 PM
  #12  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Carlisle In.
Posts: 372
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

https://youtu.be/jFzj8-DuZec
hunternaf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:39 AM
  #13  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 421
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

praise God,God bless you bigc
Originally Posted by BigC2007 View Post
Hunter good stuff Bro, its funny because you never know who is watching your every word or move and more so if you claim to be a christian. Its like as soon as you say or do something that is not christian like you are judged! I will give GOD praise for a good run or race I will be there for other racers in time of need and one day I was ask ........... Clint you dont cuss, smoke, or drink and always have this peace about you why ??? and that is what I can point to the sky and say its all because of HIM !!
eddosi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:42 AM
  #14  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 421
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

thanks for the support guys and please keep me in your prayers and God bless all of you.
eddosi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 04:46 PM
  #15  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
BigC2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,638
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by eddosi View Post
praise God,God bless you bigc
Thank you my Brother.
BigC2007 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service