R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   R/C Racers 4 Christ (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-racers-4-christ-26/)
-   -   How to balance with hobbie and God (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-racers-4-christ/941062-how-balance-hobbie-god.html)

eddosi 04-26-2016 08:14 AM

How to balance with hobbie and God

i started this hobbie in rc racing almost 1yr now.i love the hobbie but it distracts me from God and my wife.i want to know how you rc guys balance with rc and God and wife?

BigC2007 04-26-2016 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by eddosi (Post 14506635)
i started this hobbie in rc racing almost 1yr now.i love the hobbie but it distracts me from God and my wife.i want to know how you rc guys balance with rc and God and wife?

Like anything and everything in life must have a balance my brother and it’s very easy to get distractive from things we need to prioritize in our life. But GOD our Father should always come 1st.
One thing to keep in mind and heart that is GOD is with us always, at work, at play, while we are being husbands, fathers, brothers, uncles, grand fathers and so much more that we are to be accountable for.

Now I can only account for myself when it comes to RC racing and that is I always pray to myself during racing or just having fun out on the track, I keep GOD on my mind because HE is in me and I try to be in HIM (please note I said TRY). When we are born again we are blessed with the holy spirit and the holy spirit is in us ALWAYS so no matter what we are doing we ALWAYS have that connections.

And GOD wants us to have fun and enjoy our life’s and hobbies but also HE wants us to always acknowledges HIM 1st thing in the mornings, throughout the day and at night remember you’re in a relationship with HIM and it just takes 1 min out of your time to let HIM know you love HIM and give thanks.

eddosi 04-26-2016 11:33 AM

thanks for the advice bigc.i will try to make Jesus first because he deserve all praise.he is our lord and creator.

Originally Posted by BigC2007 (Post 14506745)
Like anything and everything in life must have a balance my brother and it’s very easy to get distractive from things we need to prioritize in our life. But GOD our Father should always come 1st.
One thing to keep in mind and heart that is GOD is with us always, at work, at play, while we are being husbands, fathers, brothers, uncles, grand fathers and so much more that we are to be accountable for.

Now I can only account for myself when it comes to RC racing and that is I always pray to myself during racing or just having fun out on the track, I keep GOD on my mind because HE is in me and I try to be in HIM (please note I said TRY). When we are born again we are blessed with the holy spirit and the holy spirit is in us ALWAYS so no matter what we are doing we ALWAYS have that connections.

And GOD wants us to have fun and enjoy our life’s and hobbies but also HE wants us to always acknowledges HIM 1st thing in the mornings, throughout the day and at night remember you’re in a relationship with HIM and it just takes 1 min out of your time to let HIM know you love HIM and give thanks.

BigC2007 04-26-2016 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by eddosi (Post 14506958)
thanks for the advice bigc.i will try to make Jesus first because he deserve all praise.he is our lord and creator.

Amen, Amen and Amen eddosi and here is something to think about ....... I feel the reason you started this post or ask the question is because GOD is longing for you, HE want to spend just a little more time with you so HE is calling out to you.

Just for you to think about HIM and wanting or asking about balancing your life and time with GOD shows that you have a care and concern about time with HIM.

Even if its 2, 3 or just 5 mins a day means the world to HIM because HE loves you more then you will ever know.

eddosi 04-26-2016 01:49 PM

thankyou bigc you really incourage me.God loves me and i really need to realize that.

Originally Posted by BigC2007 (Post 14506999)
Amen, Amen and Amen eddosi and here is something to think about ....... I feel the reason you started this post or ask the question is because GOD is longing for you, HE want to spend just a little more time with you so HE is calling out to you.

Just for you to think about HIM and wanting or asking about balancing your life and time with GOD shows that you have a care and concern about time with HIM.

Even if its 2, 3 or just 5 mins a day means the world to HIM because HE loves you more then you will ever know.

BigC2007 04-26-2016 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by eddosi (Post 14507138)
thankyou bigc you really incourage me.God loves me and i really need to realize that.

No thanks needed Bro, that is what we are for to uplift each other sharpen each other. We are family Brothers in Christ, I feel that we ALL dont really know the depth of the love GOD has for us.

If you ever need prayer or anything please let me know.

hunternaf 04-27-2016 05:26 PM

participating in rc is part of my daily walk with god, I have THR stickers on my rc cars and need to act like a christian while racing, no dirty driving, no cussing or throwing fits, help others, no sunday racing (well almost never) and set a good example, and profess the truth when ever I have a chance, after a particularly good run give god the glory, do not become obsessed, we are just playing with toy cars, and wear a THR shirt for good measure

BigC2007 04-28-2016 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by hunternaf (Post 14508815)
participating in rc is part of my daily walk with god, I have THR stickers on my rc cars and need to act like a christian while racing, no dirty driving, no cussing or throwing fits, help others, no sunday racing (well almost never) and set a good example, and profess the truth when ever I have a chance, after a particularly good run give god the glory, do not become obsessed, we are just playing with toy cars, and wear a THR shirt for good measure

Hunter good stuff Bro, its funny because you never know who is watching your every word or move and more so if you claim to be a christian. Its like as soon as you say or do something that is not christian like you are judged! I will give GOD praise for a good run or race I will be there for other racers in time of need and one day I was ask ........... Clint you dont cuss, smoke, or drink and always have this peace about you why ??? and that is what I can point to the sky and say its all because of HIM !! :)

AlaskanDad 05-06-2016 01:46 PM

To the original poster - I know how you feel, we've all been there, and some (me) are still struggling to find balance with hobbies, family, and God.

Have been thinking about talking with my youth pastor about starting a RC club for children and adults in our church.

Started tweaking one of my RC's into something my wife would like to drive. She has no interest in this hobby, however, she loves God, guns, and the colors pink/purple. So one of my stadium trucks is getting done in those colors with a beetle body.

Also, I now take my children out with me, and got my son a Dromida Wasteland for his 5th birthday a few weeks ago. He loves it, but feel it was the wrong choice. Should have gotten him a crawler because he likes to pile dirt, rocks and other various stuff into large mounds that he insists on driving over.

You could also pray before each bash / race session.

tmail55 05-07-2016 05:42 AM

no Sunday racing

Jesus went were the lost are!

hunternaf 05-07-2016 08:03 PM

Good Point Tmail, PS I placed 2cnd for the first time in years today, thanks for all the THR prayers for our members to have a good showing, or maybe thats something I can add to my prayers

hunternaf 05-07-2016 08:06 PM

https://youtu.be/jFzj8-DuZec

eddosi 05-08-2016 10:39 AM

praise God,God bless you bigc

Originally Posted by BigC2007 (Post 14509499)
Hunter good stuff Bro, its funny because you never know who is watching your every word or move and more so if you claim to be a christian. Its like as soon as you say or do something that is not christian like you are judged! I will give GOD praise for a good run or race I will be there for other racers in time of need and one day I was ask ........... Clint you dont cuss, smoke, or drink and always have this peace about you why ??? and that is what I can point to the sky and say its all because of HIM !! :)

eddosi 05-08-2016 10:42 AM

thanks for the support guys and please keep me in your prayers and God bless all of you.

BigC2007 05-08-2016 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by eddosi (Post 14523003)
praise God,God bless you bigc

Thank you my Brother.