What does it mean to you ? >

What does it mean to you ?

What does it mean to you ?

Old 03-28-2016, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default What does it mean to you ?

1 Corinthians 1:18

The message about the cross is nonsense to those who are being destroyed, but it is God's power to us who are being saved.

I find it heartbreaking and sad for we are in the last days and how many us, even some so called Christians are falling away from their walk with Christ and how the WORD of GOD is nonsense and meaningless.

Today's Christians just as during the times (biblical) Christians were getting killed for their faith today we have to be stronger then ever, how we have to not only fight off temptation, sin and prosecution but we have to find a way to hold on just through everyday life.

How many of us really keep it 100 in our faith ? how many of us really believe in the Power and message of the Cross ?

Last edited by BigC2007; 03-28-2016 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Come on now 34 views no feedback, guess it dont mean to much on here.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

There will be a great falling away in the last days in the Church. However, the Church seems to be full of people that are there to be entertained or have their ears tickled. So the message of the cross is preached to them as seed spread on rocky ground and doesn't take root. But then again, it is our job to preach the Gospel, pray for the people, and leave the results up to God. I cannot save anyone, nor should anyone be a follower of me as Paul was saying in the verses before the one you quoted. We must be centered on Christ or risk being a part of the that falling away.

I praise God that he gives us grace. I am not 100% centered on him all the time. I do good to get through 5 minutes without falling on my face, but we keep trying even though we are tempted and persecuted. That's what walking in faith is. So yes, the message of the cross is preached and believed.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by handicrawler View Post
There will be a great falling away in the last days in the Church. However, the Church seems to be full of people that are there to be entertained or have their ears tickled. So the message of the cross is preached to them as seed spread on rocky ground and doesn't take root. But then again, it is our job to preach the Gospel, pray for the people, and leave the results up to God. I cannot save anyone, nor should anyone be a follower of me as Paul was saying in the verses before the one you quoted. We must be centered on Christ or risk being a part of the that falling away.

I praise God that he gives us grace. I am not 100% centered on him all the time. I do good to get through 5 minutes without falling on my face, but we keep trying even though we are tempted and persecuted. That's what walking in faith is. So yes, the message of the cross is preached and believed.
AMEN my Brother and thanks for your post,

We need to pray for eachother with a whole heart, to many Sunday christian or like you said that only want to get their ears tickle or only want to hear the good or feel good. I am far from perfect and just a sinner trying to follow Christ I have my good days I have my bad, sometimes I win sometimes I lose , sometimes I fall someones I stand in victory. But the Cross should mean everything to US and what HE did for us on that cross, the WORD of GOD is our life source and without it we are helpless and will be defeated.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Just got to this section and I get "guilted" into posting!
Old 03-28-2016, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tmail55 View Post
Just got to this section and I get "guilted" into posting!
Not trying to make anyone feel that way, just there are so many Christians that are losing faith in the power, faith and meaning of the Cross. Its so easy for us to look at this world and see what we see (if looking at it with spiritual eyes) and just trying to make it day by day without losing hope or falling out of victory.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigC2007 View Post
Come on now 34 views no feedback, guess it dont mean to much on here.
Don't worry Donald Trump is on the job.. He is going to make America great again..
Old 03-28-2016, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rannblod View Post
Don't worry Donald Trump is on the job.. He is going to make America great again..
Dont really care we (Christians) know who is really in charge.
Old 03-29-2016, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

What does it mean to me?"

Well, I feel that it means that the wisdom of men is nothing, or, earthly wisdom is foolishness. That trusting in God and what he did for us (sending a savior) is true wisdom.

It's hard to get a complete grasp of the intent of this one scripture without a little more explanation of God's word.

1 Corinthians 1:19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.”

20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Just like when Jesus finally died on the cross and the curtain was split that separated the people from the most holy place in the temple. (ref. Matthew 27:51)

Those of that day, who were the "most wise" were now part of the body and family of Christ - if they chose to be. It no longer mattered what you knew, or in other terms, how smart you were - if you believed, in your heart and soul, in Jesus as your savior that you had the grace of God and eternal salvation.

That's what it means to me anyway.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aracefan View Post
What does it mean to me?"

Well, I feel that it means that the wisdom of men is nothing, or, earthly wisdom is foolishness. That trusting in God and what he did for us (sending a savior) is true wisdom.

It's hard to get a complete grasp of the intent of this one scripture without a little more explanation of God's word.

1 Corinthians 1:19 For it is written:

I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Just like when Jesus finally died on the cross and the curtain was split that separated the people from the most holy place in the temple. (ref. Matthew 27:51)

Those of that day, who were the "most wise" were now part of the body and family of Christ - if they chose to be. It no longer mattered what you knew, or in other terms, how smart you were - if you believed, in your heart and soul, in Jesus as your savior that you had the grace of God and eternal salvation.

That's what it means to me anyway.
I like that my Brother, you came DEEP with it. From what I feel and see during these last days is that the message of the "Cross" is taking lightly and yes we are covered by grace and saved, but there is a lack of fear of losing ones salivation or walking away from it. For me the most scariest verse in the bible is Matthew 7:23 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Don't beat yourself up, and I don't think that literally you are down in the dumps or anything. Remember, you're a human being. All that means to me is you are flawed, and not just you - we all are. It's how we are wired (of course, I have never read in the Bible that it's easy). Remember, God made us in his image, and of course, we blew it. He knows your heart (spirit) and where it is. God has a plan AND he knows yours, as well as mine.

Not trying to get all preachy and at the same time making excuses for anyone, but we have to face the fact that we are screw-ups in His eyes - and I feel He realizes that and He accepts that.

Do I pray, and read the Word as much as I should (or even as much as I think about it), no. But I strive to know Him and talk to Him - but again, not like "I" feel like I should. He knows where my heart is, and I believe He knows where your heart is.

Our job on this earth (and this is my basic ignorant interpretation) is to seek Him (relationship) and to spread the word of what He did for us (Jesus - our savior).

Like someone mentioned above - our job isn't to make "believers" out of people, it's to share the good news and let God touch their heart and spirit. I am one of those people that believes God is more than omniscient enough to do the "hard" work - all I have to do is be the light he commanded me to be. Even if it's a 7w night light - He is more than enough!

On a personal note, my little brother died when he was 9, and you talk about walking away from it (I was 17). I didn't feel like I knew anything anymore. I couldn't figure out why - but it wasn't for me to figure out. It was God's plan - I do believe that. It took quite a while. And I realized also, that nowhere in the good book does it say that this life is easy or fair or right, or whatever. A tested faith is a strong faith. Not saying my faith is stronger than anybody else's, but my faith is stronger than it was.

Remember, Jesus didn't want to die either, he was a human at the time, and prayed about in the garden of Gethsemane. Matthew 26:36-39. Read that, he asks God to take it from him - but only if it is His will and not Jesus'. It took me a long time to accept that, and once I did I was able restore my relationship with my heavenly Father.

The Cross to me is what God (and God in human form) did for us, he takes what is broken, and makes it beautiful. Death is not the end, but the rest.

Hang in there - and dark is only upon you if you stay away from the "light".
Old 03-29-2016, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aracefan View Post
Don't beat yourself up, and I don't think that literally you are down in the dumps or anything. Remember, you're a human being. All that means to me is you are flawed, and not just you - we all are. It's how we are wired (of course, I have never read in the Bible that it's easy). Remember, God made us in his image, and of course, we blew it. He knows your heart (spirit) and where it is. God has a plan AND he knows yours, as well as mine.

Not trying to get all preachy and at the same time making excuses for anyone, but we have to face the fact that we are screw-ups in His eyes - and I feel He realizes that and He accepts that.

Do I pray, and read the Word as much as I should (or even as much as I think about it), no. But I strive to know Him and talk to Him - but again, not like "I" feel like I should. He knows where my heart is, and I believe He knows where your heart is.

Our job on this earth (and this is my basic ignorant interpretation) is to seek Him (relationship) and to spread the word of what He did for us (Jesus - our savior).

Like someone mentioned above - our job isn't to make "believers" out of people, it's to share the good news and let God touch their heart and spirit. I am one of those people that believes God is more than omniscient enough to do the "hard" work - all I have to do is be the light he commanded me to be. Even if it's a 7w night light - He is more than enough!

On a personal note, my little brother died when he was 9, and you talk about walking away from it (I was 17). I didn't feel like I knew anything anymore. I couldn't figure out why - but it wasn't for me to figure out. It was God's plan - I do believe that. It took quite a while. And I realized also, that nowhere in the good book does it say that this life is easy or fair or right, or whatever. A tested faith is a strong faith. Not saying my faith is stronger than anybody else's, but my faith is stronger than it was.

Remember, Jesus didn't want to die either, he was a human at the time, and prayed about in the garden of Gethsemane. Matthew 26:36-39. Read that, he asks God to take it from him - but only if it is His will and not Jesus'. It took me a long time to accept that, and once I did I was able restore my relationship with my heavenly Father.

The Cross to me is what God (and God in human form) did for us, he takes what is broken, and makes it beautiful. Death is not the end, but the rest.

Hang in there - and dark is only upon you if you stay away from the "light".
Again DEEP my Brother, I like that "dark is only upon you when you stay away from the light". To this day I am still amaze on how much GOD loves us through all our darkness and failures. Yes we are human and GOD wants us in a relationship with HIM and we were made to bring HIM glory.
Old 04-02-2016, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

love the discussion but not able to add much, thank you all for the wisdom as I soak it up
Old 04-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hunternaf View Post
love the discussion but not able to add much, thank you all for the wisdom as I soak it up
Thank you for your post brother we are here to sharpen each other and courage support and strengthen.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

today we had a guest speaker at church, his sermon was on Jesus delaying his trip to Lazarus as he was dying, one point he mentioned was Thomas being hesitant to go, after the service I mentioned maybe Thomas was worried about Lazarus having a contagious disease, seemed to fit the profile?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service